10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Hey... remember how after 9/11 every red neck was a NYer? Seems unreal at this point...
    To be fair, everyone loved the NYPD back then too...

7+ Year Old Account
    I can only hope but having trump not only lose, not only in a landslide, but to a 4:1 ratio and watch his supporters parrot his tweets about rigging elections, then do absolutely nothing about it and continue to talk to their TV like some nut.

honestly the trump campaign without russia and their puppet manafort carrying it is abyssmal
    there making "120 million" trending on twitter because biden had a minor gaffe when he was talking about covid deaths and job losses saying 120 million when he was thinking 120,000 dead and millions of jobs lost.
    and trump twitter is "wow biden thinks 120 million dead, dosent he know its akshually only 120,000 dead due to our incompetence! got em!"
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-06-26 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still troops at the southern border, in case you'd forgotten. 4,000 of them until 2021 to be precise.

- - - Updated - - -

Despite not meeting, the task force has been watching COVID-19 spikes like the one in Texas.

"What's wrong with that?"

Normally, nothing -- that's their job. But

1) They haven't done anything, have they?
    2) This puts them in direct contrast with Trump, who claims it's going away.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy: I AM APPALLED THAT YOU WOULD ASK ME ABOUT THE PRESIDENTS RACIST COMMENTS ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS, HOW DARE YOU SIR, HOW DARE YOU!

Man, being a Republican is a tough life right now. What with all the feigned outrage and needing to try to clean Trump's diarrhea constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/p...npr/index.html

Barr says, without citing evidence, that an election done predominantly by mail would not be secure
    In which Bill Barr, America's top lawyer, continues to due Trump's political bidding with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy: I AM APPALLED THAT YOU WOULD ASK ME ABOUT THE PRESIDENTS RACIST COMMENTS ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS, HOW DARE YOU SIR, HOW DARE YOU!

Man, being a Republican is a tough life right now. What with all the feigned outrage and needing to try to clean Trump's diarrhea constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/p...npr/index.html

In which Bill Barr, America's top lawyer, continues to due Trump's political bidding with a smile.
    Can someone in the media tell Barr that if it's good enough for the resident in the White House to vote by mail, as well as many of his minions, as well as the military - it's good enough for the rest of the country?
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Rookie mistake for a career politician tbf
    also ironic given the same type of gaffe is one trump often makes
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-06-26 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump attempts to salvage Wisconsin with a rally at which he celebrated that Trump Trump created Trump 9,000 Trump jobs Trump. Trump!

I posted a link earlier, namely this one, that says Wisconsin had a total of six-hundred eighty thousand people file for new unemployment claims -- comparable to 21.9% of the workforce.

He also said that we're going to have a phenomenal next year.

- - - Updated - - -

More from Bolton.

Former national security adviser John Bolton claimed in a new interview that United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson has played President Trump “like a fiddle.”

Bolton told Channel 4 News in an interview released Thursday that there was a “sea change” in the relationship between himself and the U.K. prime minister when Johnson replaced former Prime Minister Theresa May.

“The reason this is positive for Britain is that Trump can’t distinguish between his personal relationships with a counterpart leader, and the actual state of the national relationships between two countries,” Bolton said, citing Trump and Johnson's positive relationship.

However, Bolton denied that Johnson was “sucking up” to President Trump, adding “I’ve known Boris before he was prime minister. I think he’s got a good sense of humor, and I had the sense that behind those twinkling eyes he was playing Trump like a fiddle, too.”
    Also:

Also also:[/QUOTE]

The polling from Wisconsin is giving me hope. The positive is it stays close and that is still due to them trying to suppress the vote. So if Biden has an almost 10 point lead that looks great. Same with Pennsylvania.

Florida is a holy crap poll. I never have confidence in Florida going well.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Just be cautious about polling. it always is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Just be cautious about polling. it always is disappointing.
    See polls by state, and if possible, see the method that they did to account for that poll
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Between getting those staples removed today (47, just shy of the number required for a free tote bag and a coupon for J.C. Penney's, DRAT) and the unbearable heat I have pretty much been fading in and out of consciousness most of today, so I'm just going to throw some numbers out there and go lay down for the night.

The US is approaching 2.5 million cases, 1,326,246 of which are still ACTIVE. This is a pretty huge jump from a couple weeks ago when it looked like it was finally declining. As of my typing this there are 36,576 new cases reported for today--so it may be a new record or it will be damned close--and only slightly fewer deaths than the previous Thursday. Florida and Texas are both reporting over 5k new cases on the day and California might possibly be joining them depending on how many are in their final update of the day. There are currently 9 states reporting at least 1k new cases--all of them the South (and California). The heat isn't making the virus go away as Mr. Stable Genius suggested.

The huge jump in deaths (via corrections from "probable" cases) from New Jersey I mentioned earlier has been distributed proportionally across NJ's timeline according to worldometers, so their tally today will only be 33, but it DOES bring the national total up to 126,720. We probably still won't hit 130k by the end of the month, but we won't miss it by much.

Something something TRUMP SHITSHOW something.

I wish I hadn't declined that Oxycodon now.

Stay safe, folks.
    Well worldometers ended their day at 40184 as in the highest day so far In the US. 649 deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    As someone who abused oxycodon in the 2000s I can tell you it’s probably a good thing you declined their heroin.
    I don't really want to derail the thread further, but it's an important point.

They started giving it to me via IV the night I was rolled into the ER and the moment I was made aware of it--after surgery the following morning to stick a metal plate in me--I knew immediately that it was responsible for my nausea and demanded, politely, that they stop pumping that shit into me. It took a long time to convince them to just let me have the paracetamol instead and I spent the following two days in a pool of withdrawal sweat in that medical bed, but I am SO glad I am able to handle my pain without it.

They sent me home with several in pill form and while the pain has been pretty fucking outrageous at times with my leg so swollen I don't have a defined knee--which makes physio therapy a BITCH--I have not once cracked the seal on that box. The only reason I haven't thrown it out is because I don't want to risk one of the neighborhood trash divers getting it so I'm waiting until I can head out the door with the trash bag in hand when I see the waste disposal truck coming.

Well that and my wife thinks we should keep it to barter for food during the upcoming Apocalypse.

Sorry for the detour folks. Sometimes you have to get shit off your chest. Or a monkey off your back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Well worldometers ended their day at 40184 as in the highest day so far In the US. 649 deaths
    I knew my insomnia wouldn't lead me to good news. Looks like I was right about California.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-06-26 at 03:27 AM.

Nearly half a million people flocked to Obamacare after losing coverage this year

Nearly half a million Americans turned to the federal Obamacare exchanges after losing health insurance coverage this year, new federal data shows.
    Meanwhile in the Hall of Doom.

Trump administration calls for Supreme Court to strike down ObamaCare

The Trump administration on Thursday night argued in a legal brief filed to the Supreme Court that the entire Affordable Care Act (ACA) should be invalidated.

The legal filing, while expected, makes official the Trump administration's position in the Supreme Court against the health law months ahead of the election, at a time when Democrats are hammering President Trump over his position on health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    To be fair, everyone loved the NYPD back then too...
    Isnt hating (or at least barely tolerating) the NYPD as american as apple pie?

- - - Updated - - -

They started giving it to me via IV the night I was rolled into the ER and the moment I was made aware of it--after surgery the following morning to stick a metal plate in me--I knew immediately that it was responsible for my nausea and demanded, politely, that they stop pumping that shit into me. It took a long time to convince them to just let me have the paracetamol instead and I spent the following two days in a pool of withdrawal sweat in that medical bed, but I am SO glad I am able to handle my pain without it.

They sent me home with several in pill form and while the pain has been pretty fucking outrageous at times with my leg so swollen I don't have a defined knee--which makes physio therapy a BITCH--I have not once cracked the seal on that box. The only reason I haven't thrown it out is because I don't want to risk one of the neighborhood trash divers getting it so I'm waiting until I can head out the door with the trash bag in hand when I see the waste disposal truck coming.

Well that and my wife thinks we should keep it to barter for food during the upcoming Apocalypse.

Sorry for the detour folks. Sometimes you have to get shit off your chest. Or a monkey off your back.
    If possible, burn it.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I find this sentiment applicable about Florida:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier, I posted that there was a deadline of midnight. This story was dated 11:37PM. Not only is that cutting it close, but also, I don't think Trump wanted to do this during the news cycle.

From the article:
    1) Crossing off the ACA kicks 20 million off health care.
    2) The legal argument is, since the penalty for not having insurance is $0, it's not a tax, therefore it can't be enforced.
    3) There will not be a ruling until after the election. Meaning Trump could kill countless people, even when he's out of office or even dead.

LOL Trump once again loving his dictators and killers over his fellow country

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...hest-deal-with

"They said to me ... friends of mine [asked], 'What's the toughest country to deal with? Who is it? Is it China? Is it Russia? Could it be North Korea?'" Trump said. "No, it's the United States of America. The toughest country to deal with, because we have Schumer and Pelosi and people that are bad people that I honestly believe don't love our country."

i guess putin and the little nut bag just love america to death!!!

Also you don't get more crazy than this...."his friend" which we know his just himself...

"One friend said to me, 'You have to be the most innocent man in the history of the United States.' I had 18 angry Democrat geniuses, all smart. Smart as hell. Mueller lost it, but they're all smart as hell," Trump said. "All these guys who were after me. They spent 45, 49, 55... million dollars over a period of two and a half years and they got nothing on me... [the] friend of mine said, 'You have to be the most perfect person.'"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There will not be a ruling until after the election. Meaning Trump could kill countless people, even when he's out of office or even dead.
    Unless Joe Biden reinstates the mandate, which would render the issue moot. But my expectation is that the Supreme Court will simply rule that this just makes it unconstitutional to set the penalty at $0 and restores the mandate themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

American medicine has an unhealthy obsession with wizzbang new opioids. When my mother had her hips replaced, she was given morphine in the hospital and hydromorphone to go home.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    American medicine has an unhealthy obsession with wizzbang new opioids. When my mother had her hips replaced, she was given morphine in the hospital and hydromorphone to go home.
    Wouldn't be shocked if they are still getting a shit ton of money or gifts from pharmaceutical companies.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers