Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Yeah, NASCAR. Multi-billion dollar company.

No intelligence there I'm sure.

Also...You might not associate NASCAR with "intelligence" but The FBI is a Domestic Intelligence Agency.

At this point I don't see Dadwen and Intelligence going hand in hand...
    sure don't question and it's never wrong, just like when it was first came out how it was a direct attack on a driver....

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    sure don't question and it's never wrong, just like when it was first came out how it was a direct attack on a driver....
    Which was a perfectly reasonable assumption to make, especially under the exact circumstances.

Bubba Wallace leads the charge to get the confederate flag banned from NASCAR
    NASCAR finally agrees to ban the flag.
    Just days later a noose is found hanging in the new garage Bubba Wallace was just assigned.

Yes, as it turns out, it seems like it was all a big coincidence...but that doesn't mean that launching the investigation was wrong. And it doesn't mean that a noose isn't a noose.

It's like investigating a homicide. It may not end up being a murder...but that doesn't mean the investigation was wrong.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-06-26 at 05:36 AM.

I also know some people can't get it though their everyone's a racist mind and everyones out to harm them, but a lot of people think this type of relations to a noose before seeing it as a racist image.

- - - Updated - - -

Which was a perfectly reasonable assumption to make, especially under the exact circumstances.

Bubba Wallace leads the charge to get the confederate flag banned from NASCAR
    NASCAR finally agrees to ban the flag.
    Just days later a noose is found hanging in the new garage Bubba Wallace was just assigned.

Yes, as it turns out, it seems like it was all a big coincidence...but that doesn't mean that launching the investigation was wrong. And it doesn't mean that a noose isn't a noose.

It's like investigating a homicide. It may not end up being a murder...but that doesn't mean the investigation was wrong.
    but not reasonable at all apparently to assume a noose would have been pulled closed if it was used for a pull for a garage door.

but not reasonable at all apparently to assume a noose would have been pulled closed if it was used for a pull for a garage door.
    Yes, you've repeated many times that it was not a functioning noose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s unnecessary. You have what knot it could possibly be that isn’t a noose?
    don't know would have to see how it functions first maybe take it apart, maybe they were tying it like you would a hook on a fishing string hard to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you've repeated many times that it was not a functioning noose.
    No I repeated many time there is no proof it functioned like a noose and I found it odd it had not been pulled on at all, which led to the question if it was a "noose"

Nope. Sorry, but you can clearly see the knot is a hangman’s knot. Clearly you know fuck all about knots. Keep defending the racist prankster who thought it was funny though.
    so you can tell just by a still picture it's a functioning knot and the reason behind who tied it...
    wow Sherlock has nothing on you huh...

maybe you can get a name too?

Yes, it’s quite easy to tell the type of knot from the photos. Name a single other reason someone would tie that knot. It’s OK if you think they were doing it for another reason, but the only other logical reason is worse than the one I stated. Maybe you can explain your expertise in knots that allows you to identify it as something other than a noose.
    I question if it was a working noose why at no time has anyone pulled on the loop while it was on the garage door, one would think it would pull closed on itself.

still bring be back to how did it get used as a door pull? would it not have closed the loop if anyone pulled on it?
    It's used as a foothold. It's at waist level, not a handhold to pull the door down with. The idea is you A) grasp it well above the knot, B) pull the rope down, C) when the loop hits the ground you put your foot through it to serve as an anchor point in case the rope slips, so the door doesn't crash. D) However, since you're using your hands well above the waist level, unless the rope slips, there is slack at the looped end because the rope is continually being pulled down.

You would know this if you researched it in 5 minutes. Every NASCAR fan seems to know this, every mechanic seems to know this, I am neither and found it out just by following this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's used as a foothold. It's at waist level, not a handhold to pull the door down with. The idea is you A) grasp it well above the knot, B) pull the rope down, C) when the loop hits the ground you put your foot through it to serve as an anchor point in case the rope slips, so the door doesn't crash. D) However, since you're using your hands well above the waist level, unless the rope slips, there is slack at the looped end because the rope is continually being pulled down.

You would know this if you researched it in 5 minutes. Every NASCAR fan seems to know this, every mechanic seems to know this, I am neither and found it out just by following this issue.
    So your saying someone foot was in that rope? dam if that it true I guess the comments about it being so clean was odd, and surprised it didn't tighten on someones foot?

personally most of the pull down doors I've used you grab the rope and pull and that's mostly it, it comes down.

guess it was luck it never slipped while it was in use huh.

just more and more odd luck in this story huh.

I also know some people can't get it though their everyone's a racist mind and everyones out to harm them, but a lot of people think this type of relations to a noose before seeing it as a racist image.
    You should also know that you are now using the confederate flag defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    NASCAR and the FBI are right, it's not a hate crime, but that does not mean it isn't racist.

You keep acting like there isn't a wide swath of legal-but-still-racist conduct in the middle, there.

Are you under the impression that Klan meetings always have a black person present to direct their anger and hatred at directly?

Or are you just making up completely asinine goalposts while playing defense for racists?

Pretty sure it's the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, literally the only function of a noose is to hang someone by the neck until dead.

If the noose in question is not specifically meant to be used that way, then it's a symbol of doing so.

This is obvious shit to anyone who isn't deliberately trying to defend racists.
    A noose isn’t racist. Also a noose has other purposes other than hanging someone according to google.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2020-06-26 at 11:51 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you finally agree that it is a noose. Thanks for admitting to being wrong this entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A noose isn’t racist. Also a noose has other purposes other than hanging someone according to google.
    If you had to google, to find out other uses, doesn’t that mean you literally had to go looking for another purpose? You needed the might of google to figure it out?

I welcome this gun rights argument, applied to a noose... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you had to google, to find out other uses, doesn’t that mean you literally had to go looking for another purpose? You needed the might of google to figure it out?

I welcome this gun rights argument, applied to a noose... lol
    I personally don’t knit or trap animals. I was interested if a nooses only purpose was to hang someone as Endus claimed which it isnt.

As far as using google 99% of people’s posts use google for information, so your argument is pointless.

You’re also welcome to post in the gun rights thread.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    24 pages of people denying that a noose is a noose.
    Not people.... 1 single person.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Keep bleating about it. Meanwhile every news organisation has dropped it because its nothing. Sheep.
    Of course, because the sheep are the ones who called a noose a noose, and not the drones who called it something else because their choice in media told them to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don’t knit or trap animals. I was interested if a nooses only purpose was to hang someone as Endus claimed which it isnt.
    But, Wallace isn’t a knitter or trapper...

As far as using google 99% of people’s posts use google for information, so your argument is pointless.
    Yes, people use google, when it’s not common knowledge. The point isn’t a condemnation of using google, it’s to show that the uses you are using as justification, are so narrow in their application... you had to google. My argument isn’t an appeal to majority, but the scarce use. As in, it’s like arguing you can use a gun as a hammer...

You’re also welcome to post in the gun rights thread.
    Have... I’m in the noose rights thread. I’m saying a noose can be used to hang people, but so can a toaster.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, Wallace isn’t a knitter or trapper....
    I was unaware Wallace made it.

I was unaware Wallace made it.
    Are you aware if the person who did make it is a knitter or a trapper?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    So my previous position was:

1) Nascar was right to launch an investigation
    2) Investigation found nothing to be concerned about
    3) Mission Accomplished, everyone should move on with their life. There is real racism out there, and we should be glad that isn't it.

However, in light of the evidence released by NASCAR yesterday, I would like to state that I was wrong, and would like to amend my position.

1) NASCAR was right to launch and investigation
    2) Investigation found something that is extremely disturbing, but untraceable
    3) Yep, NASCAR still has a problem, and there is more work to be done here.

My previous position was largely based on the simple loop knot that it appeared to be. That seemed entirely reasonable for use as a garage door opener, and I can absolutely see how it was an innocent choice. Someone simply tied it as a convenient loop to close the door with your foot, or loop it over an object to secure the door.

This picture does not show that.

That is a goddamn hanging noose. It may have been their before Wallace occupied the garage, but it really strains the imagination to see anything innocent in that picture. I am sure it does function as a garage door opener, but it is completely unnecessary for that task, and the imagery is blatant. In light of that additional evidence, I change my position to "It is a damn shame they couldn't find who tied that".