Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    It's surprising that anyone can like this garbage. Haven't even seen the shadowlands cinematic, cause I cringed even at the poster image of it. Wow haven't had lore for quite some time now.

Just hope and pray they get gearing and classes better this expansion
    So you're judging something you haven't even seen based off of one image? Also do you understand what opinions are?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Good God. This looks like a messy, contrived fan fiction version of the Legion intro.

Hm... Not impressed so far.

I don't know too much about what exactly is going on just yet, but it seems pretty weird that Sylvanas and the Jailer would keep the captured leaders alive for any length of time, given that the Maw is a prison for the dead. Capturing them in the first place seems odd, and off Sylvanas's modus. Wouldn't just outright killing them get them into the Jailer's clutches faster, and in a more appropriate form?

I'm assuming there's something I must be missing here. I'll probably withhold judgment until I can get the full scope of the story once we inevitably return to the Maw, but as of right now, I give the preview of the intro experience a meh.

Also, in the absence of Anduin, Genn and Tyrande seem to be the speakers of the Alliance. Fucking YUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just give us beta already, so bored of bfa, want to do some testing. lol.
    That doesn't sound like somone who wants to test something. It sounds like somone want to play something new. Besides you don't have to continue playing something you are bored with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    *yawn* people are excited for another expac of this?
    *yawn* Yet you cared enough to comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    wow this looks like utter bullshit.

calia as leader of the forsaken.... the forsaken get a leader that represents none of them. When do the forsaken get a leader that even looks like them? at least sylvanas had gone through the same shit they had, calia has absolutely NOTHING in common with the average forsaken character.

how the fuck do these people have jobs as writers????
    Yet this forum championed the idea of Calia leading them but now that it's happening, it's all of a sudden bad idea.

I was actually pretty excited for this expansion, but now I am dreading another BFA level storytelling. The quality of writing is still horrendous. Calia now represents the Forsaken? She has literally nothing in common with them. Even the method in which she was "resurrected" is the actual opposite of Forsaken.

Sylvanas is still going around yelling her Saturday morning cartoon villain quotes and now it seems like the Jailer has that same one-dimensional evil-doer personality lol! Baine still being useless and forced to say stupid shit like "omg the Jailer has an army that rivals the legion!!!" as if we needed to know that in the beginning of the expansion.

Terrible, just terrible. They seriously need some new writers. I am thinking even interns would do a better job at this point. I think a lot of you have also lowered your standards tremendously. Why should they try when you are happy eating up this garbage?
    Last edited by s0ul; 2020-06-26 at 10:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Can't we say we did but don't actually? Also is it just the lighting or does Sylvanas look more fleshy than her datamined model here?
    It's the lighting

Formerly known as Arafal

Can't please all the people all of the time. I think it looks pretty cool, albeit a little too familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So you're judging something you haven't even seen based off of one image? Also do you understand what opinions are?
    I knew you were gonna bite. I actually believe the community when they whine like they have done the past years on the lore. It's not worth even looking at the cinematic just to confirm it's shite. It hurts to see how bad the writing is, might as well skip it and jump on again when it actually gets some praise.

And yes, and I simply don't believe opinions of a few ballicking blizz fans.

I knew you were gonna bite. I actually believe the community when they whine like they have done the past years on the lore. It's not worth even looking at the cinematic just to confirm it's shite. It hurts to see how bad the writing is, might as well skip it and jump on again when it actually gets some praise.

You shouldn't considering the community is extremely hyperbolic and often times is reactive to secondhand experiences like you just did. And seriously, the writing and lore has always been band and campy in Blizzard games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    And instead of just killing them and sending their souls to the a Jailer she decided to simply capture them and go all, I shall torture you because it is fun, MUHAHAHAHHAAAAA

This is a fucking joke. Oh my god.
    Oh my GOD, I didn't realize how stupid Sylvanas is... why do people like her again?

Wanting to torture someone instead of killing them which could've solved so many issues? Where have I heard that before, given the biggest chance to kill someone without anyone stopping her... Not Baine, because he did need a public execution for semi-good reasons. No, someone else... oh, right.

ARTHAS.

Is there a character more pathetic than baine at this point? He's like a damsel in distress lmao

Tyrande was already unbearable but they managed to make her even worse with her new OOGA BOOGA ME SMASH personality. Why cant the writers do Night Elves properly since WoW started?

Eh, this looks way to similar to the Legion intro with just different enemies and a different location. You do this once and then everyone is just going to skip it. The lore looks as bad as always. Maybe there’s a slight bit of hope that the final product will be somewhat better with its delivery.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-06-26 at 01:04 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Someone directly working for the Stormwind royal family and never the Horde is "Independent"?
    Yes. She's said it herself, she has no allegiance to either faction only to Broll and Varian, and through the latter to the Wrynn family. If you need a simplified RL comparison just think about the people who say "I don't care, I only play Alliance because of my friends." Not exactly the same but similar sentiment, they are not loyal to the faction just their friends.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Go check Calia's Lore - wowhead.com - calia-menethil-lore

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    wow this looks like utter bullshit.

calia as leader of the forsaken.... the forsaken get a leader that represents none of them. When do the forsaken get a leader that even looks like them? at least sylvanas had gone through the same shit they had, calia has absolutely NOTHING in common with the average forsaken character.

how the fuck do these people have jobs as writers????
    The rightful heir to Lordaeron has nothing to do with the undead denizens of said kingdom? riiiight.

- - - Updated - - -

It's surprising that anyone can like this garbage. Haven't even seen the shadowlands cinematic, cause I cringed even at the poster image of it. Wow haven't had lore for quite some time now.

Just hope and pray they get gearing and classes better this expansion
    "i haven't seen anything I just know in my gut it's shit" solid logic

Wait so I gotta do this crap for every character I decide to level ? Hooooooly...
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not Queen of Lordaeron?
    Well, The Forsaken are Lordaeron.

what are your good writing references?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well, The Forsaken are Lordaeron.
    I think She would push more for Queen of Lordaeron than Queen of the Forsaken!