Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From Takarita own twitlong:

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9ip8

She doesnt seem as innocent as is made out.

I can understand Blizzard's actions. Even a hint of this stuff gets toxic really quickly. We'll likely never know the truth. If you've actually looked at what was written about Swifty it's a hell of a lot, with a lot of details to 'totally' make up. If you look at what he's actually accused of the more shocking thing is that it seems out of sync with the personality he has on youtube and twitch. If i've learnt anything in the past few years its not to trust these 'personalities'. Perhaps like many things the truth is some sort of grey area in the middle? I know if it was my company associated with him I'd have done the same regardless of the truth.

Okay, let's go over a couple of things here.

To everyone whining about "Innocent until Proven Guilty"

This is a function of law that protects people in many countries, not all, from imprisonment by the government over crimes they've been accused.

THAT'S IT.

In the case of Swifty. Blizzard is not the government. Origin PC is not the government.

Blizzard removed his NPC

Origin PC removed his sponsorship

Innocent until proven guilty plays absolutely no part here. These are private organizations that can do what they please. If you don't agree with this, then you're un-American and anti-Law. If Swifty is TRULY innocent and these horrible people have ruined his oh-so-precious millionaire life that allows him to play games 24/7 in a streaming house, then he has his own functions in American Law and can file a lawsuit for defamation. If he's TRULY innocent, he will have nothing to worry about during the discovery phase of that trial.

With that said....

To everyone whining about "Cancel Culture"

If you despise cancel culture, then you're anti-capitalist and anti-democratic. Cancel culture is a product of Democracy and Capitalism. A large group of people say, hey, I don't agree with this guy and his behavior and he works for you guys, I will take my business else-where. These private corporations, in an effort to protect their profits, have decided that it is in their best interest to part ways with this person.

It's not this persons RIGHT to work for these companies. It is a privilege. Because this privilege is very lucrative and special (I mean, who doesn't want to make millions playing video games 24/7) then it comes with extra responsibilities.

Responsibilities such as DON'T ACT LIKE A RAPIST / ASSHOLE / ABUSER TOWARD THE OPPOSITE SEX.

This isn't complicated at all.

Nobody needs to completely stop talking to women. He needs to stop treating women like conquests that he can have threesomes with. He needs to start treating women like colleagues when the cameras go off. Because at the end of the day, women like Takarita and Nano_Kitten are exactly that COLLEAGUES.

When you begin to have sexual relationships with colleagues, things get messy and Swifty is learning that the hard way.

I'm a software dev and I work to write software that is CRITICAL to defense/military/aerospace (and a few other complex manufacturing fields) operations. As part of the functions of my job, I'm in frequent contact with people internally at my company as well as customers. I attend conferences every once in a while with these people as well in places such as DC, Vegas, Miami. Wherever there might be a Deltek or AIAA or even usergroup meetings hosted by our company.

I would NEVER in a million years begin dating a customer or someone within the company BECAUSE IT'S A VERY QUICK WAY FOR ME TO LOSE MY JOB because there is one simple rule when you're in a job, especially when there is more money involved (and trust me, there is far more money involved in Swifty's job than my job) and that rule is YOU DON'T GO AROUND TRYING TO FUCK CO-WORKERS.

At the end of the day

The only person who got Swifty in this position is Swifty.

If the accusation was just from Takarita, I'd probably have a different opinion of this situation and I'd be willing to sit here and say it's a disgruntled ex.

But the fact that this accusation didn't start with Takarita, the fact it started with Nano_Kitten over what amounts to sexual harassment of someone who is a COLLEAGUE. The fact that the incident was disturbing enough to Koozy, who is a COLLEAGE that he had to report it to, essentially, Swifty's bosses aka the execs at Origin PC in an email FIVE years ago. This is all disturbing and points to the fact that Swifty is the one who fucked up here.

You want to be mad at someone? Be mad at Swifty and ask him why he couldn't keep his dick in his pants around COLLEAGUES.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty and freedom of speech are there to protect the individual from the state, and only from the state.
    That goes for all constitutions everywhere.

There isn't any constitution in the world that gives you the right to have private persons or entities to consider you innocent.
    The same goes for "freedom of speech". In no country in the world do you have the right to "speak" on another person's or private entity's property.

As a private person or entity you have the right to think whatever you want about whomever you want.
    As a private person or entity you have the right to deny or allow whomever you want to "speak" on your property for any reason whatsoever.

"Freedom of speech" means that the state cannot stop you from "speaking" proactively, or with an old word "censor" you.
    But the state has all the right to prosecute you after you have "spoken" if your words are deemed criminal by law.
    This is revisionist nonsense.

We don't need the courts to decide that being assholes to each other is not a good thing.

Similarly, we don't need courts to decide that freedom of speech and presumption of innocence are good principles to uphold in any humane society.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Of course, but nobody spoke out for fear of being blackballed. It had nothing to do with remaining skeptical. It to do with the perpetrators themselves bullying their victims into silence.
    And part of that bullying of victims is the threat or assumption that nobody would believe them, because those perpetrators had the clout and reputations to influence public perception.

The goal shouldn't be skepticism, anyway. It should be impartiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenyx View Post
    I can understand Blizzard's actions. Even a hint of this stuff gets toxic really quickly. We'll likely never know the truth. If you've actually looked at what was written about Swifty it's a hell of a lot, with a lot of details to 'totally' make up. If you look at what he's actually accused of the more shocking thing is that it seems out of sync with the personality he has on youtube and twitch. If i've learnt anything in the past few years its not to trust these 'personalities'. Perhaps like many things the truth is some sort of grey area in the middle? I know if it was my company associated with him I'd have done the same regardless of the truth.
    So...i've finally got to read through the accusations of Takarita

IMO the worst part was the accusation that she was tricked into...having sex with another guy other than swifty because she was blindfolded.
    IMO this is the only thing "wrong" in the entire story.

She was in a relationship with him and could have walked away at any time,

This ofcorse if is all true...i dont see any problem with the swifty obsession with treesomes and whatnot
    Maybe...maybe swifty is a "sex...person"...i dont know what to call it...a person who is crazy about sex and having treesomes and whatnot

But...if all of this is true...this woman could have walked away from the relationship at any given time...

I didnt want to read any of this because i knew i would just end up being a sheep and sucked in into the drama...but whatever...i ended up reading it.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-06-26 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    And part of that bullying of victims is the threat or assumption that nobody would believe them, because those perpetrators had the clout and reputations to influence public perception.

The goal shouldn't be skepticism, anyway. It should be impartiality.
    And impartiality isn't immediately hanging the accused, which right now, it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Okay, let's go over a couple of things here.
    You could just say "I think this is great because I had my mind made up about Swifty the moment he was accused of anything at all, anyway."

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Removed Image Spam

If you read the twitter longer essay she posted, and read between the lines you can see her for what she is, a tag-a-long and a leech, a sour relationship turned to shit. Guess what, we all had relationships that you knew where toxic as fuck or ill fitted, you learn from them, and move on. Makes you grow as a person, i could dissect every past relationship i had, extrapolate on them and magnify or highlight certain situations, and then write a full page cryfest.. or you know.. i could try to be an actual adult, know mistakes where made on both parts, en admit i have experienced emotional growth due to it.

But of course if one of my former ex gf's was a well known public individual i could try to cash in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

IMO the worst part was the accusation that she was tricked into...having oral sex with another guy other than swifty because she was blindfolded.
    Re-read it. That's not what happened.

Swifty, Takarita, Swifty's friend had a threesome. She only agreed to have the threesome if Swifty's friend was the one going oral and Swifty was the one going vaginal.

When the blindfold was removed. Swifty was the one doing the oral because he couldn't get hard. Swifty's friend was the one raping her vaginally. (It is rape because she didn't agree to it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You could just say "I think this is great because I had my mind made up about Swifty the moment he was accused of anything at all, anyway."
    You could just say I'm anti-capitalist and anti-democracy and I hate America.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    --- snip ---
    In this case, I'm just going to say it's shitposting.

But it's probably not far off from what plenty of people unironically think today, which is an indictment of our species, tbh.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 01:11 PM.

Re-read it. That's not what happened.

Swifty, Takarita, Swifty's friend had a threesome. She only agreed to have the threesome if Swifty's friend was the one going oral and Swifty was the one going vaginal.

When the blindfold was removed. Swifty was the one doing the oral because he couldn't get hard. Swifty's friend was the one raping her vaginally. (It is rape because she didn't agree to it).
    Ahh crap...whatever...THAT is still the worst part, yes...
    Sorry for the misinformation...

edit: i edited the post

You could just say I'm anti-capitalist and anti-democracy and I hate America.
    America has slander and libel laws, though. So I guess it's not as anti-capitalist and anti-democracy as you think it is. Hmh..

Nice try with the pants-on-head gotcha, though.

So...i've finally got to read through the accusations of Takarita

IMO the worst part was the accusation that she was tricked into...having oral sex with another guy other than swifty because she was blindfolded.

She was in a relationship with him and could have walked away at any time,

This ofcorse if is all true...i dont see any problem with the swifty obsession with treesomes and whatnot
    Maybe...maybe swifty is a "sex...person"...i dont know what to call it...a person who is crazy about sex and having treesomes and whatnot

But...if all of this is true...this woman could have walked away from the relationship at any given time...

I didnt want to read any of this because i knew i would just end up being a sheep and sucked in into the drama...but whatever...i ended up reading it.
    Yea, I didn't read anything at all about him doing anything to this girl? I read a guy and girl in a relationship where the girl didn't like how the guy wanted to, supposedly, have threesomes and have sex with other girls with the help of the girl. Leave. It's not our fault, or Swifty's fault that she (may have) felt she had nowhere to go or no money to do it, which I assume was the case as she didn't leave?

It's fucking disgusting how we live in such a coddle world where everything is knee-jerk reactions. I suppose other female streamers (Mia Rose) that do defend Swifty and contradict the accuser shouldn't be listened to?

So, I'm just curious - in this case and all others - how does the person being accused defend themselves? I suppose you could sue for defamation, but that's about as silly as jaded lovers making accusations where there is a bit of a truth to a story, with plenty of fabrications.

America has slander and libel laws, though. So I guess it's not as anti-capitalist and anti-democracy as you think it is. Hmh..

Nice try with the pants-on-head gotcha, though.
    I even address that in my post. If Swifty is truly innocent, he can file a lawsuit and get his name cleared. I doubt Swifty wants this to go into the discovery phase though because it's been implied on Social Media that there are other women as well willing to step forward.

Why doesn't Swifty use the law?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh crap...whatever...THAT is still the worst part, yes...
    Sorry for the misinformation...

edit: i edited the post
    No worries, the first time I read it, I read it the same way you did as well. It is the worst part but being tricked into sex with someone you don't want to have sex with is, imo, worse than being tricked into giving a blowjob you don't want to give a blowjob to. They might be the same based on the law and where it occurred though. I think it's the fact that one of those acts carries more risks than the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Yea, I didn't read anything at all about him doing anything to this girl? I read a guy and girl in a relationship where the girl didn't like how the guy wanted to, supposedly, have threesomes and have sex with other girls with the help of the girl. Leave. It's not our fault, or Swifty's fault that she (may have) felt she had nowhere to go or no money to do it, which I assume was the case as she didn't leave?
    And I'm guessing you completely skipped over the second accusation because it doesn't fit your narrative. (It's technically the first accusation since it came out before Takarita and is the reason Takarita wrote hers)

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post

It's fucking disgusting how we live in such a coddle world where everything is knee-jerk reactions. I suppose other female streamers (Mia Rose) that do defend Swifty and contradict the accuser shouldn't be listened to?

So, I'm just curious - in this case and all others - how does the person being accused defend themselves? I suppose you could sue for defamation, but that's about as silly as jaded lovers making accusations where there is a bit of a truth to a story, with plenty of fabrications.
    You don't. If this happens to you, you are pretty much done. Even if you sue for defamation and win (which is pretty much impossible, because you have to prove malicious intent - see, how you have to prove something here, but don't have to prove anything when making the allegations btw, fun stuff, isn't it) for it to have any real merit. And even then, noone is going to want to have anything with you.

I even address that in my post. If Swifty is truly innocent, he can file a lawsuit and get his name cleared. I doubt Swifty wants this to go into the discovery phase though because it's been implied on Social Media that there are other women as well willing to step forward.

He will use the law. In the meantime, you have people and companies jumping to assume that he's guilty. If the accusation is proven to be fake, that makes anyone jumping on him now to actually demonize him complicit.

There are already reasons you can't just up and drop or fire somebody on the spot, so the concept is clearly not that anti-capitalist. Maybe keep the pinko bullshit to your politics threads.

Personally, I would be hesitant as well because a.) you don't know who will step out of the woodwork strictly because they feel slighted and b.) your name, life, and family will get dragged through the mud by the same mentality of people who instantly agree with the accuser, remove NPC's because of an accusation, etc.

It's not worth it at such an early stage. Now, if he starts losing income, and even more sponsors - I could certainly see that changing.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm guessing you completely skipped over the second accusation because it doesn't fit your narrative. (It's technically the first accusation since it came out before Takarita and is the reason Takarita wrote hers)
    I admit, I only seen the Takarita accusation. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    --- snip ---
    It bothers me that people say things like that in all seriousness.
    It bothers me that many otherwise reasonable people will commend that sentiment, be it from agreement, fear or opportunism.
    It bothers me that people view others as a collective mass, allowing them to dish out collective punishment, as well as claim collective victim status.
    It bothers me that people who say these kinds of things, and/or support these kinds of things often preach about getting rid of hate, I no longer know what that word means, I don't think it is unreasonable to view a statement and sentiment such as this as hateful, or at least bordering on it without further clarification, but it will never be recognised as such by the people against hate (even if you disagree that it is/could be hateful, I don't think many reasonable people would find the argument that it is/could be an unreasonable one).
    It bothers me that there is a Kafka trap surrounding statements like this, if you show disagreement with them then it is evidence that you are guilty of being a misogynistic rape apologist, the more you protest, point out the flaw in the logic, the more evidence you create to damn yourself.
    It bothers me that so many are blind (or willingly ignorant, be it through stupidity, fear or opportunism) to the flaw in this kind of reasoning and thinking, this has nothing to do with believing specific allegations, it is about using collective and historic oppression to justify collective and present day punishment/injustice, of a kind I think is fair to say is retributive in nature (though not always).
    And in the interest of balance, it bothers me that some people get a little bit of power/fame in a domain and they think it makes them gods, makes them entitled to other people, it bothers me when they decide to flex this muscle, it sickens me when they do it to satisfy base wants. I won't deny that there is a problem with people like that, there always has been.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-26 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

He will use the law. In the meantime, you have people and companies jumping to assume that he's guilty. If the accusation is proven to be fake, that makes anyone jumping on him now to actually demonize him complicit.

There are already reasons you can't just up and drop or fire somebody on the spot, so the concept is clearly not that anti-capitalist. Maybe keep the pinko bullshit to your politics threads.
    It's just easier to score political points with the sheep when you blend in with the sheep. Going against the grain isn't smart in these types of cases.

Remember the first and second night when the guy in ATL was shot? MSM, protestors, and attorneys were all 'why would they be even trying to arrest him without doing a BAT', 'why did they escalate the situation?', etc. Body cam footage comes out, shows they did do a BAT - at which point he was over the limit and being arrested, and *HE* escalated the whole encounter by pulling away, resisting, fighting with them, *AND* pulling a weapon from them.