Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    because a male character being seen as subserviant to a more powerful female character
    triggers alot of gamers
    I knew someone was going to go to this shitty argument. There is a right way and a wrong way to introduce a character of this sort. The right way would be like, say... Tyrande and Malfurion. Love them or hate them, Tyrande's dedication for Malfurion is genuine. Malfurions is a little more stoic, but in either way, there is a mutual respect between them, even if you find their love story to be poorly written, as I do. Malfurion regards you as a champion of the Alliance, and demonstrates respect for the heroes of the alliance. Barring any of his other faults, people at least like Malfurion, even if they think his taste in women is a little on the bad side.

But that;s not Nathanos. He's a useless simp, a lapdog and a doormat. And since shit runs downhill, he lets you know how useless you are, like an ingrate, and I'm not afraid t say it, if I was a soldier and had a leader that treated everyone under him the way Nathanos does, he'd most likely be the victim of a friendly fire incident. He is definitely the stuff mutinies are born of.

Jaina is one of the most powerful heroes of the Alliance, and could absolutely shred Nathanos, and put his ass on ice for good. She is arguably more powerful than most of the other members of the Alliance, but I don't see her talking down to her subordinates. Members of the Alliance respect her, and yet, Mathias Shaw isn't a little lap dog for her. Neither is Genn Greymane or Anduin Wrynn. it is possible for a woman to command respect without being a cunt about it. And Sylvanas is a cunt, and Nathanos is her little pussy boy simp. That's not the triggering you think it is. It's shitty writing and is the reason shit like Ghostbuster 2.0 female edition went tits up. Look into what suspension of disbelief is and get back to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    I mean, he isn't even a Simp

He is a Mary Sue Self Insert Power Fantasy from some Neckbeard.
    He's both. Really, it is possible that both things can be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What you ask is impossible. There is no such thing as an objectively poorly written character. Whether someone is or not is an opinion. Don't mistake popular opinion with objectivity.
    There is a standard by which one can look at a character, and determine a character to have either a weak character, a predictable character, a poorly written character, an uninteresting character, and a shitty character. A shitty character is what I will define as having 2 of more of the other characteristics. In Nathanos' case, he is poorly written, mostly because the inspiration behind him is a try-hard neckbeard, and not interesting, for the same reason. Reliance on him being Sylvanas' lap dog creates a perfect justification for it, but still doesn't save Nathanos from being poorly written.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Nathanos lol I dont get any of this

He comes off as a writers weird self insert character trying to have sex with sylvannas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    (head)cannonically or "RP wise" - I hate him because I (my character) did more for the Banshee Queen than he ever did and he always seemed to get the rewards for my efforts.
    Did ya smash though?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    He comes off as a writers weird self insert character trying to have sex with sylvannas.
    Isn't that what he is now though?

I think it's hillarious to have a quest giver that talks smack to us

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Did ya smash though?

I don't really have faith in blizzard to the point I've wished another company would take their IP's from them for a while now but I NEED to believe that as much as that appears to be the case they wouldn't actually allow it to be.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Did ya smash though?

Super Kame Guru is wise. Nay, I did not smash. So win for ol'Marris there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I see Nathanos and Sylvannas more like a one dimensional Cersie and Jamie Lannister... I despise him, but I don't hate him.

I actually liked Nathanos the quest giver. Yes, he hated the players back then, but his dialogues were fun and entertaining.

The new Nathanos seems to use generic insults all the time, the new model is not that good IMO. His new character (around Sylvanas specially) has no appealing factor what so ever.
    Last edited by kokodesuka; 2020-06-27 at 08:16 AM.

Poorly written character to serve as self insert for a writers fantasy relationship with a digital woman.