Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I never assumed anything. You did;

YOu outright said Blizzard believed her 100%. Now you hyave declared the accusations a "organized targetd event" . YOU assumed Blizzard thinks Swifty is 100% guilty and you have declared that all the accusers are liars. I have never assumed one way or the other. YOU are the one doing all the assuming, not me. Your own posts prove it.
    Emm, because they did? hello

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    If you mean the social justice shit they announced recently? It's a PR move, plain and simple. Anyone who thinks *ANY* of these companies truly care about social issues from *ANY* standpoint other than an easy PR win is just stupid. They literally needed a few more black people to be killed and weeks of protests to think now is the time? It's blatantly obvious it's because of the political climate.

*None* of them truly care, which is a slap in the face to those who are "fighting" for change. So from the perspective you asked, *ALL* of these companies will stop pandering as soon as possible - meaning as soon as everyone has moved on to the "next big thing".
    Welp, they got me at first...i gave them good internet point currency for that one (>_>) but i guess is all just business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Welp, they got me at first...i gave them good internet point currency for that one (>_>) but i guess is all just business as usual
    You disagree? You truly think these companies care about social justice issues? Like, there is no PR involved at all, the executives *truly* care about these things?

15+ Year Old Account
    Guilty until proven innocent? Blizzard just lost some respect.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent? Blizzard just lost some respect.
    You realise Guilty until proven innocent is (like Freedom of Speech) - about the government.

In the wide world, you have no such right.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sexual assault: He once brushed past his accuser at a Blizzcon event or some crap... we know how easily these snowflakes get offended these days.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You realise Guilty until proven innocent is (like Freedom of Speech) - about the government.

You realize that no-one is meaning it from the standpoint of law, right? I guarantee you if you ask the majority of people they view "innocent until proven guilty" as a mentality that every allegation should be proven, right?

I mean, unless of course you think we should actually view every allegation as true, until the accused can prove them false? If so, that's a scary fucking mentality - but truly you can't mean that as you can prove a negative.

You realize that no-one is meaning it from the standpoint of law, right?
    Then maybe they shouldn't make statements that are from the standpoint of law then.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

But what is wrong with liking threesomes, or making out with those of the opposite sex if your partner doesn't mind, which at the time at least, she didn't seem to? So if by being "complicit" you mean he's into threesomes or making out with other girls - who cares? There's literally nothing wrong with that.

Note: I admit, the word "complicit" usually is used when implying you're doing something wrong or immoral.
    From her own accusations and others accusing them both and even her own videos she posted, it seems she basically pressured girls into getting extremely intoxicated and seducing them. I think there's some grey area issues here on consent and them getting willfully drunk and all that but that's not really the main issue. From what others have accused her of, it seems she either made them to believe only she would be involved and then it turn into a threesome or basically using Swifty's status as a large streamer to take advantage of lesser known streamers.

The other person accusing Swfity (and even accusing his ex who made the initial accusations) may have been one of the few people to actually say no. Of course, we can't know for sure this person was telling the truth but if they are, I doubt it was a one time occurrence.

Other than that, sure. Consensual threesomes are fine. Getting girls stupid drunk and then bringing them back to your bf under the false pretense that they were only going to mess around with the girl and then taking advantage of them is not fine.

Courts don't have to teach you that being an asshole to somebody for no reason is bad.

Similarly, presumption of innocence and freedom of speech are both concepts that extend far past the courts.

It's still a good way to measure someone's character. If you judge someone before they are found guilty you are a horrible person regardless.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite scary that a lot of these people (on here, Twitter, et al) are of voting age, or worse yet, eligible to be on a jury - eh?
    Indeed. A sob story is all that is needed nowadays, seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Sexual assault: He once brushed past his accuser at a Blizzcon event or some crap... we know how easily these snowflakes get offended these days.

Innocent until proven guilty.
    His accuser was literally his girlfriend lmao. Maybe go read more before saying stupid shit.

Then maybe they shouldn't make statements that are from the standpoint of law then.
    But it's actually a human right to be seen as innocent until proven otherwise. (Article 11)
    The laws in different countries are just there to protect that right.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    From her own accusations and others accusing them both and even her own videos she posted, it seems she basically pressured girls into getting extremely intoxicated and seducing them. I think there's some grey area issues here on consent and them getting willfully drunk and all that but that's not really the main issue. From what others have accused her of, it seems she either made them to believe only she would be involved and then it turn into a threesome or basically using Swifty's status as a large streamer to take advantage of lesser known streamers.

The other person accusing Swfity (and even accusing his ex who made the initial accusations) may have been one of the few people to actually say no. Of course, we can't know for sure this person was telling the truth but if they are, I doubt it was a one time occurrence.

Other than that, sure. Consensual threesomes are fine. Getting girls stupid drunk and then bringing them back to your bf under the false pretense that they were only going to mess around with the girl and then taking advantage of them is not fine.
    Oh, I apologize. I thought you were one of those with a pitchfork for Swifty.

I do agree it seems this Taka girl was fully aware of what she was doing, and went along with it. Hell, theres two videos alone I linked to where she seems happy at the club with Swifty, making out with girls and their “goodbye” stream before she moved when she was crying about leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Courts don't have to teach you that being an asshole to somebody for no reason is bad.

Similarly, presumption of innocence and freedom of speech are both concepts that extend far past the courts.
    Since when? Especially freedom of speech. No one has the obligation to allow you to speak on their platforms for any reason. I don't have to assume innocence of anyone for any reason if I don't want to. In what way do they extend past the courts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They do not, it sucks - but there no such concept outside the courts.

If you think otherwise, you've not been paying attention the last few years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But it's actually a human right to be seen as innocent until proven otherwise. (Article 11)
    Indeed - but check the article, it mentions NOTHING about being banned from a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's still a good way to measure someone's character. If you judge someone before they are found guilty you are a horrible person regardless.
    If a bunch of people tell me someone is a shitty person but their own experiences, it makes be a shitty person to believe them and assume that person is shitty and I shouldn't associate with them? Even if they have no solid proof but just personal experience?

Seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    You don't get the point. It is not that it was removed, but it is the fact that Blizzard 100% believes the so called 'victim' even though I might be a lie.
    It doesn't say they believe him or not believe him, it says they dont want to be involved. As others have said, businesses aren't your friend, they exist to make money, and things that cause them to lose money, or could cause them to lose money are expendable.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz acted a little fast on this one but it's probably a better safe than sorry case in their defence.