Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    having been raped, and only having the confidence to raise a complaint with police a year later, sometimes there just isn't much evidence left. who knows how many others they did it to? you rely on the confessions and victims coming forward to nail these people
    If there isn't enough evidence then nothing should happen to the person, innocent until PROVEN guilty is something people forget.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did you even read anything?

Yikes.
    Yup, some accusations are true and have evidence, others don't, my comment still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Yup, some accusations are true and have evidence, others don't, my comment still stands.
    So many people left and you still say everything isn't true? People wouldn't left Method if these all wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wouldn't bet to much on that.
    This is happening to Method because they are a large company across a dozen games.
    Your guild, even if its the server or world #1 wouldn't suffer anywhere remotely as bad from this if a story similar to Josh came out so long as it was 'just a guild'.

For streamers, yes they are discovering they live in the real world where there are real consequences.
    Yes, I understand that. I was kind of speculating on the idea that, as times go on, there seems to be a trend of this kind of business getting more attention and being more common. Right now, it only applies to a couple of companies like Method, but I'm guessing that soon, we'll be having a lot more.

On the other hand, I think we should start discussing about our in-game relationships on a more serious note. I mean, for a lot of people, games like WoW are not just games anymore. For example, even if you are not getting paid for raiding like Method, there are asymmetrical relationships within a guild. We have roles of authority, guidelines for behaviour, certain sense of obedience and/or subordination...etc. We develop a sense of responsibility, we respect schedules and game hours, we even expect homework from our raiders (like watching videos, learning your class...etc.). So, even in less "formal" groups like Method, we (as a community) should start discussing some issues related to in-game communication and behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Davaca View Post
    Yes, I understand that. I was kind of speculating on the idea that, as times go on, there seems to be a trend of this kind of business getting more attention and being more common. Right now, it only applies to a couple of companies like Method, but I'm guessing that soon, we'll be having a lot more.

On the other hand, I think we should start discussing about our in-game relationships on a more serious note. I mean, for a lot of people, games like WoW are not just games anymore. For example, even if you are not getting paid for raiding like Method, there are asymmetrical relationships within a guild. We have roles of authority, guidelines for behaviour, certain sense of obedience and/or subordination...etc. We develop a sense of responsibility, we respect schedules and game hours, we even expect homework from our raiders (like watching videos, learning your class...etc.). So, even in less "formal" groups like Method, we (as a community) should start discussing some issues related to in-game communication and behaviour.
    There are a bunch of companies that have grown from gamers becoming able to earn their living with a game. I know this also played in League of Legends where before franchising the 2 big teams/companies (CLG and TSM) rose from just some guy sitting behind his desk streaming the game. And they also ran into the trouble that gamers often don't have business educations and they were not prepared for some of the reality that comes from being the head of an actual real business. (note I haven't kept up with LoL in years)

You either learn quickly, hire people who do know or you get burned.
    Sooner or later everyone runs into that reality check. This appears to be Methods.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the irony is that 3/4 of accusers would do exackly the same thing if they were in his place
    The psychological projection here is quite incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yes, but saying someone hasn't studied medicine because they know that it's a possibility is odd. In fact, I would say someone who actually knows about it knows more about medicine / biology than someone who think there can't be false matches. Fairly sure that most people think DNA is foolproof and doesn't know the entire sequence isn't tested. Someone who would claim there are no possibility for false matches would probably be the common person who isn't well versed into the specifics.
    So the people knowing the actual numbers and probabilities, are the ones "not well versed into the specifics", over the person raising it as dumbed down as that other poster did?

Impeccable logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Djarii (Sco's girlfriend) left Method too https://twitter.com/djarii/status/1276484564676993025
    She's so brave for escaping the sinking ship instead of making a stand, you know, 3 years ago. Courageous and so admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    She's so brave for escaping the sinking ship instead of making a stand, you know, 3 years ago. Courageous and so admirable.
    Shouldn't she leave Sco then, since he is responsible for "inaction towards Josh" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakhar View Post
    Shouldn't she leave Sco then, since he is responsible for "inaction towards Josh" ?
    The thing is she was aware of Josh for years and passed complaints over to Sco.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So the people knowing the actual numbers and probabilities, are the ones "not well versed into the specifics", over the person raising it as dumbed down as that other poster did?

Impeccable logic.
    I was talking about the general public, which is why I said "the common person".
    The common person have knowledge and numbers on probabilities when it comes to forensic testings? Hardly...

Seems like you took it personal though, since you talk about people knowing the actual numbers which I assume you do by your own words. So I didn't refer to you if that's what you think...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    If there isn't enough evidence then nothing should happen to the person, innocent until PROVEN guilty is something people forget.
    Sorry to pick you out specifically for this, but while yes, 'innocent until proven guilty' is something that gets ignored far too often, another well-known one liner that you all seem to forget when typing that is 'Better safe than sorry'. Everything should've been immediately put on hold until an investigation had occurred (like they're doing with Sascha, after-the-fact). I can't find any reason to fault companies/individuals from jumping ship at this time because, honestly, if it happened at my place of work/within my group of friends, I would drop them immediately as well.

Especially with Josh (who I did watch stream highlights from posted by Kungozai on youtube), he got banned from twitch immediately after Poopernoodle's visit and subsequent breakdown on her stream afterwards, which neither of them have publicly spoken about until she revealed what happened during that trip. That should've been enough of a flag to at least temporarily suspend him from participating in RWF events, since they were actively pushing that side of the competition on twitch more and more with a player who technically should've gotten them banned for being there. The other accusations by teenagers are another matter entirely, and should definitely be investigated further by the proper authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The thing is she was aware of Josh for years and passed complaints over to Sco.
    So she knew about allegations, reported them, knew that they did nothing and leaving now when they actually did something, but Method is sinking ship now. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    No proof? Are you willfully ignorant or stupid? There are literally hundreds of screenshots of proof.
    Screenshots of a Chat is not Proof, its the same value of whats written in the Post. If you use Screenshots of written Text as Proof, you can just aswell take the word as Undeniable Proof.

What would you think if the Accused would provide the same Screenshots with reversed names? Because that would take like 5 minutes to accomplish.

If you want proof, you need to be a Authorized party and get the Logs from the Platforms involved. Otherwise the Screenshots are worth jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Who the hell can blame them for at least bringing it to the attention of the public...? I sure as hell can't, as a relative of a victim getting zero justice.
    I´m not against them speaking out, its free speech. But if they seek Justice, and if Justice is to be brought. It has to go to Proper Channels.
    I Blame the Hate train going on without any tangible proof. You can be Supportive without causing other Harm.

God, please just destroy the entire playing games as a business notion.
    You know that Professional Football, etc is basically the same?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So many people left and you still say everything isn't true? People wouldn't left Method if these all wasn't true.
    No, this thread pretty much sums it up, that it doesnt matter if its True or not.

Just alone with the Accusation Methods done, no one even asked if its true, the moment that Tweet came up, the Hate train started.

Yeah.. all this grandstanding from people that are connected to method rings hollow, especially if you are part of method, have close connections to the leadership and were already around when it happened. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that they didn't know what was up. People talk and rumors about the worst shit spread the fastest. It would be more blievable if they were throwing their leadership under the bus in so far as that they didn't want to lose their career and looked the other way because of it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

If you don't see Method as a sinking ship I got this ticket to ride the Titanic I'd like to sell ya lol
    Bad phrasing from me.
    I meant :
    "So she knew about allegations, reported them, knew that they did nothing and leaving now when they actually did something and when Method is a sinking ship now. Hmm."

If you don't see Method as a sinking ship I got this ticket to ride the Titanic I'd like to sell ya lol
    Sure, gimme that ticket. Do you know how much that might be worth today?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah.. all this grandstanding from people that are connected to method rings hollow, especially if you are part of method, have close connections to the leadership and were already around when it happened. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that they didn't know what was up. People talk and rumors about the worst shit spread the fastest. It would be more blievable if they were throwing their leadership under the bus in so far as that they didn't want to lose their career and looked the other way because of it.
    Indeed. Method is complicit for knowing about this for years because stories and videos of Josh's behavior have been around for at least 2-3 years.
    But the rats like Preach and Djarii leaving the sinking ship now are lauded for taking a stand.

Absolute lmao.

So is it true that Sco tried to get Twitch to unban Josh a year+ ago after his initial ban? I'm sure the Twitch rep would have the emails andor correspondence regarding this, if everyone at Method had conveniently forgotten about it...
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2020-06-26 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So is it true that Sco tried to get Twitch to unban Josh a year+ ago after his initial ban? I'm sure the Twitch rep would have the emails andor correspondence regarding this, if everyone at Method had conveniently forgotten about it...
    How would that matter? They thought Josh was innocent.