Apparently Deadlock Protocol arrives today on PC, Glassmaker investigation part II is already here with even more randomness (not tried yet), and a few things as well (new Warframe - Protea, Jackal fight revisited, Corpus tileset rework expanded)

- - - Updated - - -

Deadlock Protocol is here.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/11...lock-protocol/

New Warframe, which seems great after the first mission I've done with her, new quest which is quite insane tbh, new Corpus Ship tileset with a new Mission Type that I couldn't try yet except in the questline, new Primary Kitguns which don't award Mastery (as it's the Grip and not the Chamber).
    Also Umbral Mods in Simaris' offerings if you completed The Sacrifice, which is great to get duplicates, and Blazing Step Ephemera removed from ESO's awful 1.01% and moved to Arbitrations shop and Grineer Commander in Railjack.

Overall good patch for me
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-06-12 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Apparently Deadlock Protocol arrives today on PC, Glassmaker investigation part II is already here with even more randomness (not tried yet), and a few things as well (new Warframe - Protea, Jackal fight revisited, Corpus tileset rework expanded)

- - - Updated - - -

Deadlock Protocol is here.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/11...lock-protocol/

New Warframe, which seems great after the first mission I've done with her, new quest which is quite insane tbh, new Corpus Ship tileset with a new Mission Type that I couldn't try yet except in the questline, new Primary Kitguns which don't award Mastery (as it's the Grip and not the Chamber).
    Also Umbral Mods in Simaris' offerings if you completed The Sacrifice, which is great to get duplicates, and Blazing Step Ephemera removed from ESO's awful 1.01% and moved to Arbitrations shop and Grineer Commander in Railjack.

Overall good patch for me
    Removing Stasis from pets is the best part of the patch imo. I also think you don't need stabilizers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Removing Stasis from pets is the best part of the patch imo. I also think you don't need stabilizers anymore.
    wait what no more stasis? Does that mean my Kubrows are starving right now and will die without DNA stabilizers in a few days? Or was that mechanic removed entirely? Do I need to reinstall and get back on real quick or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    wait what no more stasis? Does that mean my Kubrows are starving right now and will die without DNA stabilizers in a few days? Or was that mechanic removed entirely? Do I need to reinstall and get back on real quick or something?
    Death was taken out a while back; they used to go into stasis instead of dissolving.
    Now if you installed the upgraded segment, you won't need to pump them full of drugs at all.
    But it means without the upgraded segment, their very existence is torture.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Man, I dropped off with Warframe after the eidolon hunting came in. I like collecting frames and doing long survival missions and cracking rads, but the whole open world gameplay thing has been a massive turn off for me. IDK why.

Plus I play a lot of Equinox end-game, which can be squishy as fuck. I think the only two frames I ever use are Equinox and Nidus.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, I dropped off with Warframe after the eidolon hunting came in. I like collecting frames and doing long survival missions and cracking rads, but the whole open world gameplay thing has been a massive turn off for me. IDK why.

Plus I play a lot of Equinox end-game, which can be squishy as fuck. I think the only two frames I ever use are Equinox and Nidus.
    Personally I thought that the Plains were fun but they were indicative of a greater problem: the lack of fun things to do.

Remember way back during the 2013-2015 years, when there was always something new around the corner? Always some new event to do and stuff to get? It felt like the game was alive back then.

Nowadays, it feels like there is maybe one major content patch a year. You log in, binge for a week or two, and then forget about Warframe until the next major patch a year later. The game feels like it has hardly changed since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Personally I thought that the Plains were fun but they were indicative of a greater problem: the lack of fun things to do.

Remember way back during the 2013-2015 years, when there was always something new around the corner? Always some new event to do and stuff to get? It felt like the game was alive back then.

Nowadays, it feels like there is maybe one major content patch a year. You log in, binge for a week or two, and then forget about Warframe until the next major patch a year later. The game feels like it has hardly changed since 2016.
    I kinda liked only needing to log in when a new frame, quest, map, etc came out once you get everything else done. The Nightwave shit has killed almost all my enjoyment for the game. I hate feeling forced to play a game and this limited time crap is the worst and their system for getting the rewards you missed is just another shitty limited time grind that unless you missed out because you couldn't access warframe you probably wont wanna do again especially If you had gotten halfway through it last time. Just give me my reputations I can grind out at my own pace. I was able to craft 2 primary kitguns because of the rep and stuff I had saved up if they had been in the Nightwave it would have taken me months and I might not ever gotten them.

I was able to craft 2 primary kitguns because of the rep and stuff I had saved up if they had been in the Nightwave it would have taken me months and I might not ever gotten them.
    Primary Kitguns don't seem to be interesting at all. Primary Catchmoon is fun for like 5 minutes but I don't think it'll be better than any shotgun. Primary Tombfinger may be interesting, I'm leveling it right now, it might be good depending on its damage fully modded (it works as the Opticor, so it needs quite important damage to surpass it). Primary Gaze is a waste of time, this was my preferred Secondary, but the Primary deals absolutely no damage, it's infuriating.

Regarding this patch, well the quest is great, gotta love Parvos, but Protea is meh in my book. Most her spells are useless, she lacks identity (yeah, the Time-based Warframe who has one time-based spell, the others are some Vauban tech). She is fun for Spam 2 gameplay but that's it. I don't even see the point of her 4, which is more a major annoyance than something fun to use. I'm only using it for the invulnerability, and usually I cancel it before it rewinds, because ain't nobody got time for that.
    Basically she's a good frame for static missions (Mob def, def, interception, survival if you camp), but that's it. All her toolkit is useless everywhere else.

Regarding Nightwave I globally agree with you too. I don't really like this thing (except for the lore bits), so usually I'm rushing it to lvl 30 and then ignore it. Also avoiding the missions that are major annoyance to me (like the perfect Captures in Orb Vallis, and maybe this week's Hydrolist, I've already killed 302, I've had my dose...).

Primary Kitguns don't seem to be interesting at all. Primary Catchmoon is fun for like 5 minutes but I don't think it'll be better than any shotgun. Primary Tombfinger may be interesting, I'm leveling it right now, it might be good depending on its damage fully modded (it works as the Opticor, so it needs quite important damage to surpass it). Primary Gaze is a waste of time, this was my preferred Secondary, but the Primary deals absolutely no damage, it's infuriating.
    Yeah I think the primaries need a buff or a rework. Tombfinger is ok but I'd probably just use my Shedu, catchmoon secondary, or kuva Brama over it. Granted I didn't try making a perfect tombfinger and used steadyslam and deepbreath for the look of it as its the only one that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from spare parts.

Yeah I think the primaries need a buff or a rework. Tombfinger is ok but I'd probably just use my Shedu, catchmoon secondary, or kuva Brama over it. Granted I didn't try making a perfect tombfinger and used steadyslam and deepbreath for the look of it as its the only one that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from spare parts.
    Tombfinger is completely ridiculous. The Rattlegut is also quite good. I like the Shedu but unfortunately it is no where close to being as good as either Tombfinger or Stahlta.
    The Bramma is in a class of its own even after the "nerf" it received. DE will have to reduce the damage a bit further to actually put it at the same power level of every other top tier weapon.

Sure DE can buff the worse kitgun primaries if they notice that the "best" combination of parts is substantially worse than the other weapons but I'd rather DE put their time into balancing the 3 physical damage types (slash, impact and puncture). This is the thing that makes or breaks some weapons.

The thing with the kitgun primaries is that

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Tombfinger is completely ridiculous. The Rattlegut is also quite good. I like the Shedu but unfortunately it is no where close to being as good as either Tombfinger or Stahlta.
    The Bramma is in a class of its own even after the "nerf" it received. DE will have to reduce the damage a bit further to actually put it at the same power level of every other top tier weapon.

Sure DE can buff the worse kitgun primaries if they notice that the "best" combination of parts is substantially worse than the other weapons but I'd rather DE put their time into balancing the 3 physical damage types (slash, impact and puncture). This is the thing that makes or breaks some weapons.

The thing with the kitgun primaries is that
    I have a rattlegut also and not really impressed with it.

While I like my Tombfinger but bringing both into hydron defense maxxed out to level up other shit I was able to kill a ton more stuff much faster with Shedu as you can pretty much spam the thing and it has like a million mile long range.

Smol news on The Steel Path - aka the new Hard More

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/12...ing-hard-mode/

They start with a +100lvl... Which is all but hard mode, let's hope the Public Tester won't be pussies and push to increase to something more challenging

They start with a +100lvl... Which is all but hard mode, let's hope the Public Tester won't be pussies and push to increase to something more challenging
    What would you consider to be "hard mode" or "something more challenging"?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    What would you consider to be "hard mode" or "something more challenging"?
    No idea. But with the endlessly overpowered stuff they release, a lvl 135 mission will not be that challenging, maybe except Archwing nodes, you don't start struggling against enemies before level ... 400 ? But at this point the problem is that it may narrow the pool of useful Warframe a bit too much.

That's definitely a good point though, to have the possibility to start a mission at a level acceptably difficult without waiting one hour on Mot.

No idea. But with the endlessly overpowered stuff they release, a lvl 135 mission will not be that challenging, maybe except Archwing nodes, you don't start struggling against enemies before level ... 400 ? But at this point the problem is that it may narrow the pool of useful Warframe a bit too much.
    The bolded is my main concern with any sort of "hard mode" that includes a drastic level hike. If you've got the "wrong" 'frame or weapons, enemies are just bullet sponges that have a chance of one-shotting certain 'frames if they stop moving for even a second.

And even if you take the right combination of properly modded 'frames and weapons, you once more run the risk of things starting to feel "too easy" for some folk.

The bolded is my main concern with any sort of "hard mode" that includes a drastic level hike. If you've got the "wrong" 'frame or weapons, enemies are just bullet sponges that have a chance of one-shotting certain 'frames if they stop moving for even a second.

And even if you take the right combination of properly modded 'frames and weapons, you once more run the risk of things starting to feel "too easy" for some folk.
    While understandable isn't that a lot of Warframe now? theres lots of frames you can do okay with in stuff but then theres the "just go Equinox with X mods on mission Y to insta level melee weapons" which can get really crazy sometimes. I remember when the Sanctuary Onslaught update came out and there was something like an Ember build that just stood in the center and every few seconds one shot the entire level up to enemies with quadruple digit levels while at the same time Octavia was doing the same in defense missions. People could go as their favourites but the broken frames had builds that could render content moot to the point they were treated as the go to. I'd hate to see it happen in a hard mode but when its been the case in normal mode for a long time why wouldn't it see frames left behind? dont get me wrong it shouldnt but this is DE and their production quality has been slipping for a straight year now.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    While understandable isn't that a lot of Warframe now?
    That's kind of my point. It seems like a waste to develop a so-called hard mode for a section of the playerbase that tends to demolish whatever content gets put in front of them anyway, and just further pushes the usage of certain 'frames and weapons over others.

I feel like any form of hard mode will inevitably just go the way of other attempts at "end game" content (Railjack, Kuva Liches, Arbitrations, Eidolons etc.), where the players it was designed for will quickly get bored with it, and go back to complaining that they want an actual challenge.

That's kind of my point. It seems like a waste to develop a so-called hard mode for a section of the playerbase that tends to demolish whatever content gets put in front of them anyway, and just further pushes the usage of certain 'frames and weapons over others.

I feel like any form of hard mode will inevitably just go the way of other attempts at "end game" content (Railjack, Kuva Liches, Arbitrations, Eidolons etc.), where the players it was designed for will quickly get bored with it, and go back to complaining that they want an actual challenge.
    Watch them just add a riven forma or some shit to make it a new tier of grind.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Watch them just add a riven forma or some shit to make it a new tier of grind.
    You know what, you're absolutely right. This is less likely about actually attempting to give a certain segment of the playerbase what they've been asking for, and more about adding yet another new mode for everyone to grind in.

I was there for Phoenix Escalation, a one-off event Interception node where the enemies were so stupidly high-level that I had to go Banshee and keep a max-range Sound Quake up all the time to keep the enemies stunlocked, with a Limbo there to keep ME alive (because random bullets still made their way to my face even through Sound Quake, and I had to keep dropping it to deploy energy pizzas).

I can't remember what level the enemies were, but this new mode is probably just going to end up being as tedious as that.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton