Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would assume that the "First Ones" would refer to whoever died first in the universe, literally the first souls to enter the Shadowlands.
    Assuming there was a time before death would require far too much stretching as you would have to imply there was also a time before life, which only leaves the naaru and void lord's as possible candidates, neither of which are shown to die in a conventional sense.
    Imagine slipping on a banana peel and dying but you end up being the first person to ever die so you get worshipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Legion would still be stronger than the Maw. Baine only said they have a larger army, not a stronger one. The vast majority of demons in the Legion are strong and cunning and clearly enjoy battle, whereas most souls who went to the Maw were probably innocent people, civilians, etc, who don't even know how to hold a sword. Quality > Quantity.

I do wonder what the Arbiter and the other leaders of the Shadowlands think about the Legion being tied to the Twisting Nether instead of the afterlife. I imagine there might have been some conflict in the past between the two of them, as the Arbiter would feel entitled to judge demon souls too.
    It wouldn't. The Legion consists of largely the same species that went into the shadowlands, except fel-touched. The shadowlands very likely have far greater numbers of each of them. The Legion wasn't infinitely large, it was inexhaustible, meaning attrition warfare wouldn't work but they still can only hold a limited number of assets.

And you're forgetting that the Maw would mostly get the truly rotten ones, not the innocent souls.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It wouldn't. The Legion consists of largely the same species that went into the shadowlands, except fel-touched. The shadowlands very likely have far greater numbers of each of them. The Legion wasn't infinitely large, it was inexhaustible, meaning attrition warfare wouldn't work but they still can only hold a limited number of assets.

And you're forgetting that the Maw would mostly get the truly rotten ones, not the innocent souls.
    Also, everyone that the Legion killed went to the Shadowlands. And the Legion has conquered countless worlds. Even if .01% of the souls they've sent there ended up in the Maw...you're lookin' at a pretty big army.

It's also possible Baine is just trying to emphasize how dire things are and it's slight hyperbole

5+ Year Old Account
    Somehow i feel like wow story transforms into MC Avenger comics and you read wrong character names :

Sylvanas = Loki
    Anduin = Captain America
    Baine = Winter Solider
    Thrall = Thor (without hammer)
    Tyrande = Hulk
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Also, everyone that the Legion killed went to the Shadowlands. And the Legion has conquered countless worlds. Even if .01% of the souls they've sent there ended up in the Maw...you're lookin' at a pretty big army.

It's also possible Baine is just trying to emphasize how dire things are and it's slight hyperbole
    Ehh, not quite, the Legion often used the souls to power their devices. Essentially burning them as fuel. One might even presume it was to stop them fueling the shadowlands.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Ehh, not quite, the Legion often used the souls to power their devices. Essentially burning them as fuel. One might even presume it was to stop them fueling the shadowlands.
    Ah that's true, I forgot about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Somehow i feel like wow story transforms into MC Avenger comics and you read wrong character names :

Tyrande = Hulk
    "Tyrande smash!"

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

Sylvanas = Loki
    Anduin = Captain America
    Baine = Winter Solider
    Thrall = Thor (without hammer)
    Tyrande = Hulk
    10.0: Past Anduin and Current Anduin are fighting over Sylvanas's bow

"Baine...is still...alive"

10.0: Past Anduin and Current Anduin are fighting over Sylvanas's bow

"Baine...is still...alive"
    *looks back at Anduins body* "That is Stormwinds ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    *looks back at Anduins body* "That is Stormwinds ass"
    Cursed comments

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Cursed comments
    That ain't cursed.

The golden child has a nice juicy butt.

Formerly known as Arafal

Anduin dummy thicc. That's why Sylvanas lost in Lordaeron, her tiny cheeks couldn't compete with the mighty clap of his ass.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is new dungeon in this build, right? So only 2 (Bastion + Mald max levels) left?

Btw, I checked how long Legion and Bfa Beta lasted. Both start on Thursday 110 days before release. Considering my current guess (17th November), Beta would start 30th July. Surprise, surprise, it's exactly first Thursday after Timewalking marathon.

To all people "but this time it will be different cause COVID delay etc." - do you really believe launch date isn't set in stone already? And if it is, whole marketing for expac is planned as well. And I consider date reveals, streams, books and Beta as part of marketing for expac, I don't think they just announce things whenever they feel like to, it's not coincidence Legion and BfA have same dates.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-06-26 at 05:55 PM.

The Shadowlands is for every living sentient soul anywhere in the cosmos, the Legion is the same one but there is only one true timeline with pockets like AU draenor, and there is no AU Twisting Nether, so the Maw would make much more sense to be bigger than the Legion.
    Yeah, basically this. The Shadowlands is the general afterlife of every single thing ever. Whether it be the Multiverse, and whatnot. Doesn't help that this place transcends creation itself.

Here's how I see the Cosmic Hierarchy go (Not based on Power):

Constructs > Elemental Lords/Furies (From Azeroth and Draenor) > Grond/Sporemounds > Wild Gods > The Lich King > Naaru > Aspects > Titan Keepers > Prime Naaru and Constellars > The Lords of the Legion/The Old Gods > The Eternal Ones > The Titan Pantheon > Sargeras > The Arbiter/Jailer > The Leaders of Light/The Void Lords.

That's how I see things though.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin dummy thicc. That's why Sylvanas lost in Lordaeron, her tiny cheeks couldn't compete with the mighty clap of his ass.
    Ngl, when I saw Sylvanas in that 1 thing where she's absorbing power from the Jailer, she looked extremely fucking thicc and hot. Then again, she is like 11 feet in this game LMAO (Blizz really gotta upscale the Model, eh?).

- - - Updated - - -

Ah that's true, I forgot about that.
    Yeah, that alone also kinda raises questions, considering the Legion does seem quite used to the Shadowlands as well, as they created the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Only in the more prolonged battles, though. The ones they just smashed up they didn't bother.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eyyy they finally released Worgen and they have split customization!

Also the intro, it feels very WoD, not interested at all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Eyyy they finally released Worgen and they have split customization!
    You are a tad bit late to the party.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You are a tad bit late to the party.
    His name is fitting tho.

Imagine slipping on a banana peel and dying but you end up being the first person to ever die so you get worshipped.
    The thought is pretty amusing, most definitely.

Still though, whoever was the first to die would also presumably have to have been among the first ones to be alive, or even whatever entity created life to begin with, and by proxy death.
    As a thought experiment, les us assume that Elune is this life giving entity, she would then logically also have been the one to realize that the souls would eventually also die, and therefore created the Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Just saw this on twitter. The user refers that it looks like a clock, 12 runes. With the debate on time and time skips that's been going on, I thought it could be something interesting? Yeah
    https://twitter.com/Saiztico/status/...202880/photo/1