Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, now I'm glad they didn't make more. Random tauren talking about Kalimdor... gtfo.

Also, huh.
    Duncan Jones: three, the gathering horde army and freeing of orcs around the Eastern kingdom before a dangerous trip across the sea to Kalimdor, & the founding of the 1st Azerothian city of Orgrimmar. Basically the trilogy was the fulfilling of Durotan’s promise to give his people a new home.
    Stormwind, Lordaeron, Gilneas, Dalaran, Alterac, Stromgarde, Boralus, Zin-Azshari, Zuldazar, Suramar, Ironforge, Silvermoon, Gnomeregan, Mechagon, Nazjatar: Are we a joke to you?

Quote Originally Posted by kornek21 View Post
    as a lore fanatic of wow, his ideas of 2nd and 3rd film made be cringe, like honestly.
    I'm not a lore fanatic and I cringed as well. Lord of the Clans was already good with Taretha and her story as it relates to Thrall.

Bah, so many books to catch up on...

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    To be honest I found the CGI orcs a lot more relatable and easy to like that the humans in the Warcraft movie. The humans were so stiff. Durotan and Draka at least had personality.
    No, I get it, Ben Foster was a plank. No emotion. The guy playing Khadgar wasn't much better. The only human character I got invested in was Lothar, but we critique this as fans of Warcraft. The general audience just on previews alone aren't going to go out in droves to watch a movie where a CGI Orc is the main character. To them it looks like Lord of the Rings rip off or just silly.

Even if we didn't focus on Arthas, I think even a Varian movie about his gladiatorial days could make bank if you put a marquee name behind it, the script is solid, and you focus marketing around Varian fighting Orcs, then as the story develops, the audience finds out Orcs ain't so bad, but they wouldn't be the main characters to begin with.

Wait what? A tauren tells Thrall to go west?? What? Good thing that movie didn't see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait what? A tauren tells Thrall to go west?? What? Good thing that movie didn't see the light of day.
    I bet the Tauren was supposed to be Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I bet the Tauren was supposed to be Baine.
    It better have been Cairne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It better have been Cairne.
    Cairne has been forgotten, his legacy stomped on by his son that sends body parts to young blonde boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, huh.

Stormwind, Lordaeron, Gilneas, Dalaran, Alterac, Stromgarde, Boralus, Zin-Azshari, Zuldazar, Suramar, Ironforge, Silvermoon, Gnomeregan, Mechagon, Nazjatar: Are we a joke to you?
    Did you completely miss he's talking about orcish cities? or did you just want to shoot off a meme?

Cairne has been forgotten, his legacy stomped on by his son that sends body parts to young blonde boys.
    I sort of meant for the sake of story continuity. Thrall would more likely have met Cairne than Baine unless Blizzard were going out of their way to grossly misinterpret the timeline for their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Did you completely miss he's talking about orcish cities? or did you just want to shoot off a meme?
    Do tell me how you would know that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I sort of meant for the sake of story continuity. Thrall would more likely have met Cairne than Baine unless Blizzard were going out of their way to grossly misinterpret the timeline for their movies.
    I wouldnt put it past them that they would try to promote current character roster above all others. Just say that this would replace his traumatic sex adventure with centaurs and thats it.

I'm glad that these movies weren't made. Taurens in Lordaeron and three movies focused mostly on orcs...

It should've been:
    Warcraft
    Warcraft 3: RoC
    Warcraft 3: Tft

I wouldnt put it past them that they would try to promote current character roster above all others. Just say that this would replace his traumatic sex adventure with centaurs and thats it.
    Maybe, I've heard Warlords of Draenor happened primarily for cross promotion with the film, and Baine was already born and grown around the time Thrall was coming of age anyway.

He literally had a beloved series of games to base the entire thing off.

"Nah bro it would have been my Orc fanfiction"

Hollywood; WhY dO aDaPtAtIoNs FaIl?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the movie was alright, nothing special. The issue with warcraft is that there's too much lore. Warcraft would have done better had it turned into a GoT like series.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The movie should've been about Arthas. He has more fans than all the characters from WC1 combined.
    Honestly this would have been a better idea. Not only are there more fans of just Arthas and the scourge chapter of warcraft vs pretty much all the others, but the movies scale could have been just humans and zombies. It would have been a sword and sorcery zombie movie, which don't really exist. It would have given regular joe movie goers an excuse to step in the theater, instead of just the "my son plays this on his gamebox" which the movie suffered from.

Plus one of the biggest issues with the movie are the Orcs, they dont fit in the world. And the rest of armor and everything just looked... soap opera quality.

Blizzard should just move to China then. Maybe they could even bring their message of inclusivity there, see how it works out.

Look, someone even designed new logo for them.

Or they shouldn't pander to whiny man children when they don't get their way? But the blatant racism you've displayed is enough for me.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Or they shouldn't pander to whiny man children when they don't get their way?
    They didnt. Thats why the movie is considered a bomb.

lol imagine doing warcraft 3 without illidan and arthas. Oof.