Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

pizza places wanting you to tip before delivering the pizza

So it seems to be trending where I live that pizza places now when you pay with a card they want you to tip when they run it instead of writing it into the receipt when your food is delivered. i gotta tell ya i refused to tip before the food is delivered. I normally tip pretty good too but this definitely effects the amount of money I tip.

Is this happening where you guys live?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    no we don't tip at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the places and circumstances I've seen request a tip have been ridiculous. I think the silliest is when I go to pickup an order, and the machine prompts me to tip.

Being that I order using grub hub the few times I do I have already added a tip usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the case here if you go through a delivery app like doordash or postmates, but if you go through the pizza chain directly then we tip them at the door.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because we don't tip here.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The only people I see getting upset by this are people that are against tipping anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't sound like a tipping at that point. It's a fee.

We don't do tipping in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

On the rare occasion I get delivery, I pay cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That doesn't sound like a tipping at that point. It's a fee.

We don't do tipping in here.
    It's not a fee...you can still select $0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Oh. I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    The the delivery person knows up front you didn't tip them and you end up with some "extra" flavoring or "secret sauce" on your food.

I do it now so I don't have to touch the delivery receipt to input the tip, in the past I'd write it in upon delivery or give a cash tip, but now, with the 'rona, I play it safe.

And please, can the doofuses who always come in to tipping-related threads and go on about how smart and cool they are for never tipping in the US not come into this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    The the delivery person knows up front you didn't tip them and you end up with some "extra" flavoring or "secret sauce" on your food.
    Yeah well, when I worked at a pizza place...the delivery drivers eventually all knew which houses were no tippers anyway. All it takes is a couple of orders.

I'm not saying anything nefarious ever happened to their orders...it's not really worth risking your job just to get some petty revenge... but I will say no one was ever in a big rush to deliver those orders. So they'd get their order without "extra flavouring"...but it wouldn't be quite as fresh as they might want.

it's not really worth risking your job just to get some petty revenge... but I will say no one was ever in a big rush to deliver those orders. So they'd get their order without "extra flavouring"...but it wouldn't be quite as fresh as they might want.
    And honestly, folks who don't tip in the US deserve that. Why should the driver put their order over someone who is tipping? I'd want the tipper to be pleased with his order, and order again.

Well, for the pizza place I work at, while not required, it is so that the driver doesn't need to get a signature on any receipts and minimalize contact. Otherwise, the customer has to sign if they wish to write in a tip.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I tip I want it to be a hand to hand cash transaction between me and the person that the tip was ment for. Lately I've been reading about employers basing what the employees paid check is sans a tip and keeping the difference when the tip is supposed to go to the person not line the pockets of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    If I tip I want it to be a hand to hand cash transaction between me and the person that the tip was ment for. Lately I've been reading about employers basing what the employees paid check is sans a tip and keeping the difference when the tip is supposed to go to the person not line the pockets of the boss.
    Then just do that.

But yes, that is an issue with some delivery services. Not all of them. Doordash was doing it like that, guaranteeing a minimum delivery fee...but only paying out if the customers tip was below that minimum, but they got found out and now supposedly the tip is always on top of the delivery fee.

its simply them trying avoid having to double dip on credit card processing fees

The only people I see getting upset by this are people that are against tipping anyway.
    I generally tip pretty well because I live so far out of town. But I'm not going to tip before service has been rendered.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano