Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one
    Right... because as we all know, Western justice is based on "guilty until proven innocent"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    1) There is no such thing as this just being a "model removal" in a vacuum where nothing matters

2) I already said many times i have an agenda and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, as you should with any other post in this thread.
    At least im honest and say i only have my opinion because im biased against cancel culture, outrage channels, gossip channels.
    You do realize its Blizzard's property and they can do what they want with it without your knowledge or consent, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one
    according, to who?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You do realize its Blizzard's property and they can do what they want with it without your knowledge or consent, right?
    yeah, right up until they ask money for it.
    that points past them over a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That's not how this works
    lol, right, just because the law hasn't been enforced on the gaming industry as it should be doesn't mean shit.
    with blizzard we've had at least 3 cases of false advertising in relation to the content of expacs, the entire notion of automated "rule" enforcement breaks federal property laws considering it can be abused to deprive someone of a service they've paid for, and then there's the recurring issue was actibliz executives out-right lying to their supposed bosses for either money, political brownie points or both.

the new age is here, and it's not gonna be kind to deviant practices that the gaming industry have been banking on to survive despite being unable to provide the service they sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because why would what Blizzard thinks or does about this matter? Unless he's an employee of Blizzard, the only connection they had was a video game.

And they certainly didn't ban him from playing, or from streaming. All they did was remove a cameo. I can't think of a single interview he had lately, and google shows up the most recent being 2 years ago. Not even related to Shadowlands, but developer stuff for BfA.

So again, all of this is pretty moot.
    So, to be clear, you dont think the action of removing every trace of him from the game within 24h of the accusations as "throwing him under the bus"
    I think there is a huge lesson to be taken here.
    If people didnt already knew...they know now "companies are not your friend"

One moment they help you with stuff like this at Blizzcon 2018:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dq6om5yX...jpg&name=small

2 years later...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    lol, right, just because the law hasn't been enforced on the gaming industry as it should be doesn't mean shit.
    What 'law' are you referencing?

- - - Updated - - -

If people didnt already knew...they do know now...companies are not your friend

You are just NOW learning this?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    Emm, because they did? hello
    Prove it. Prove they pulled him because they believe her 100%? it is just as likely and far more likely that they pulled him to be on the safe side until the matter is resolved and have no position on wether he is guilty or not. You made an assumption based on nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    That's your own bias. I really give no fucks about him, even when he was relevant it was the same. All I said was that I believed it since it fits his personality to do something like that. He's feeling entitled about other things, else he would never have done what he did before this accusation. And if you feel entitled about one thing thin your habitual behaviour is to feel entitled about other things if you do something without thinking.

That's just how habits and habitual thinking works. It all happens subconsciously and you've no control over it. So while you might think you're a good guy and if you habitually act selfish and entitled then that's how you're gonna act in situations where you feel relaxed.
    The only one with bias is you. You flat out said "I hate him, therefore he is guilty". I have not said he is guilty or innocent. And your doubling down further proves you are the one with bias. Again, you are being asinine.

This does not deserve a thread. Blizzard can add and remove NPC's from their game at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all. They have zero requirements to justify whatever their actions are on that front.

Thread closed.

If you dont see "anything wrong" with how easy it is to "cancel" someone from his livelihood and ruin his reputation...
    I dont know what more to tell you.

It was easy and faster than lightning...yeah...nothing to worry about...the future of this planet is not at risk at all.
    I do not know what is wrong here, but all I can do is try and have empathy here.

There are 3 things at play here.

1. Your stance on Cancel Culture, against. Many have this stance, not an issue really.

2. Your weird summation that BLIZZARD is canceling him. They are not. Are they helping public opinion on him? No, not really, but they don't have to. They are a billion dollar corporation. They are not your friend, or mine, or Swiftys. They "care" about you as much as a corporation can. They may have good intentions in supporting causes and such, but they only care as much as their shareholders allow them to. The days of a good guy boss at a small game studio paying his employees with his personal credit card are gooonnnneeee. Over. Get that shit out of your mind, permanently.

3. Blizzard did the ONLY thing they could have in this situation. Sticking with him, playing neutral, waiting for the outcome of whatever legal proceedings, and then removing his stupid pixel tribute based on the outcome was never an option with a business their size. The supposed "-rep" loss some of you are talking about is seriously less than negligible vs the STORM of shit that would fly if there was any indication any of the accusation was true.

Imagine 2 headlines.

1. Blizzard Entertainment removes in game mention/character of alleged rapist John "Swifty" McFuckface.
    2. Blizzard Entertainment keeping in game mention of alleged rapist John "Swifty" McFuckface.

One of those two headlines are INCREDIBLY damaging to Blizzard, and one is a blip. Is it right? NO. I'm not defending it, but unlike a lot of you evidently, I do understand it and accept it as current reality.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I do not know what is wrong here, but all I can do is try and have empathy here.

There are 3 things at play here.

1. Your stance on Cancel Culture, against. Many have this stance, not an issue really.

2. Your weird summation that BLIZZARD is canceling him. They are not. Are they helping public opinion on him? No, not really, but they don't have to. They are a billion dollar corporation. They are not your friend, or mine, or Swiftys. They "care" about you as much as a corporation can. They may have good intentions in supporting causes and such, but they only care as much as their shareholders allow them to. The days of a good guy boss at a small game studio paying his employees with his personal credit card are gooonnnneeee. Over. Get that shit out of your mind, permanently.

3. Blizzard did the ONLY thing they could have in this situation. Sticking with him, playing neutral, waiting for the outcome of whatever legal proceedings, and then removing his stupid pixel tribute based on the outcome was never an option with a business their size. The supposed "-rep" loss some of you are talking about is seriously less than negligible vs the STORM of shit that would fly if there was any indication any of the accusation was true.

Imagine 2 headlines.

1. Blizzard Entertainment removes in game mention/character of alleged rapist John "Swifty" McFuckface.
    2. Blizzard Entertainment keeping in game mention of alleged rapist John "Swifty" McFuckface.

One of those two headlines are INCREDIBLY damaging to Blizzard, and one is a blip. Is it right? NO. I'm not defending it, but unlike a lot of you evidently, I do understand it and accept it as current reality.
    This is a good summary...ill just end the day with this post...im tired of all of this.
    Im biased and i admit it.
    Everyone should read every post here with a grain of salt...because nobody knows anything.

Have good one

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This does not deserve a thread. Blizzard can add and remove NPC's from their game at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all. They have zero requirements to justify whatever their actions are on that front.

Thread closed.
    Apply to be a moderator instead of backseat moderating. Thanks.

I mean it's gaming stuff. Gaming is literally kindergarten levels of drama and ways about dealing with drama. Nothing new. e-sports is also a joke. No one takes gamers and gaming stuff seriously, it's also scapegoat for everything wrong (violence, etc etc), exactly because no one cares about gamers and they will not be able to defend themselves except going on the internets and doing autistic screeching impressions in writing.
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-06-26 at 09:00 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    No, we as people do not. You can’t do anything to me, nor can the courts, if I bar you from my business because I accused you of being a thief, or because you are protesting, or anything - outside of being in a protected class.

Also, in an at-will employment state, you can be fired for any reason, outside of being in a protected class, etc.
    I can do a lot against you if you bare me on an accusation of theft you can't prove as that is slader of my persona and is not legal.

you can't fire for any reason you like, there are just some reasons that can cover pretty much anything, but it is possible to go against it at least outside US.

Quote Originally Posted by taydan5780 View Post
    I'm not sweet and innocent, I've been around. Which is why I was hinting at the fact that I know EXACTLY the kind of fool you are. Go back to looking for your next Qdrop...
    Ah, internet cool kid lingo. Bonus points for age assumption.

To be frank, you don’t know shit, educate yourself.

If you don’t think it’s all tied together amongst the rich and social elite then you are burying your head in the sand, which isn’t my problem to solve, good day.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Of course, but nobody spoke out for fear of being blackballed.
    Well, Harvey Weinstein's shady behaviour was joked about by Seth MacFarlane at the Oscars.
    That's a bit more than rumours - but there's a difference between shady and illegal.

Similarly SVU investigated Bill Cosby in 2000 (and since it was reality and not a TV-show he walked away); and Bill Cosby had a secret settlement with 13 women in 2005 - but faced no serious consequences until 2014.

It's not just that people don't want to talk - it's that even when people talk it's hard to prove anything, and attitudes are changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Ah, internet cool kid lingo. Bonus points for age assumption.

To be frank, you don’t know shit, educate yourself.

If you don’t think it’s all tied together amongst the rich and social elite then you are burying your head in the sand, which isn’t my problem to solve, good day.
    You seem confused. Nothing I said assumed age (but you did), nor was there any "cool kid lingo", unless you consider "fool". Bonus points for trying to be edgy then dismissing me though. Clearly I hit the nail on the head here though. *shrug*

Even seince the whole debacle with blitzchung, Blizzard has been trying very hard to get brownie points and its actually kinda disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Man, this shit is so weird. I have so much I want to say, but it will all come across as not believing women.

What I will say however, is how this is basically saying the Taka chick was actually perfectly fine with the stuff she's now calling out Swifty for. If someone is complaining about something on one hand, and now this Alexis person is saying that Jerrika said she was willingly "trying to force themselves on her for a triple kiss" and telling Jerrika "make out with Swifty because he has the hots for you"... fucking brain hurt.
    Regarding Taka: it seems clear from the message by Jerrika that Jerrika already knew that Taka was a scumbag, but was surprised to learn that Swifty was as well.

And that Origin PC knew about the accusations and it seems that they believed they had some merit, but continued to work with Swifty since it gave them publicity and sales. They weren't total scumbags - they tried to shield Jerrika from Swifty.

BTW: Does someone else recall that Blizzard's career listing used to talk about the fun and drinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    I feel like males should stop interacting with females all togeter, that way there is no risk for anyone involved. Would be good for the enviroment aswell in the long term.
    In my circles, I am known as a flirt, womanizer etc, but never thought I had claim over anyone or would ever force myself on someone. It isn't a segregation issue its a "stop being stupid" issue. Its not hard to NOT sexually assault someone (ALLEGEDLY)

Removed it to preserve their image and could give a rats ass if it was true or not. Blitzchung all over again.