Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Also the shift in her streams immediately following, many people were worried something had happened long before she spoke about it.
    Yeah but people could just as easily try and blame it on stress or regret or who knows what. Not saying that is how I feel, I don't know enough on the situation to say her story is 100% true or false.

Also the shift in her streams immediately following, many people were worried something had happened long before she spoke about it.
    Why not go to the police. I do not understand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Why would i care about drama in some guild?
    A lot of people care about it more than your opinion on it.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-06-26 at 08:55 PM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

While for some of the specific incidents (like the one involving poopernoodle) we do not have real evidence, there very much IS real and irrefutable evidence for Josh being a somewhat all-around unbalanced character when it comes to women. And based on that alone - most of which is self-admitted by his actions on camera - he deserves to be ejected from the community. Whether or not he was guilty of more than that, he definitely WAS guilty of more than enough to warrant his exclusion from Method etc. Anything beyond that is for the legal system to figure out, but the community reaction is already well deserved based on what he's done and said on the air.

HOW guilty Josh is, precisely, is up in the air. That he's not even close to innocent is absolutely certain. And that's all the community needs.

Like many things, it's a somewhat ambivalent situation. Should people be tried in a court of public opinion? Not really. Should communities have the power to self-police even if there was no violation of any actual laws? Absolutely. Squaring the two off against each other, however, is fraught with pitfalls. No easy solutions. Some cases are clearer than others, but the temptation is high to react wrongly - in either direction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    This is a guild in a video game and not someone on a major sports team or CEO of a large company or a major political figure so why is this actually news worthy?
    I hope u know that Method is more than just a wow guild, or have u been under a rock for a while?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While for some of the specific incidents (like the one involving poopernoodle) we do not have real evidence, there very much IS real and irrefutable evidence for Josh being a somewhat all-around unbalanced character when it comes to women. And based on that alone - most of which is self-admitted by his actions on camera - he deserves to be ejected from the community. Whether or not he was guilty of more than that, he definitely WAS guilty of more than enough to warrant his exclusion from Method etc. Anything beyond that is for the legal system to figure out, but the community reaction is already well deserved based on what he's done and said on the air.

HOW guilty Josh is, precisely, is up in the air. That he's not even close to innocent is absolutely certain. And that's all the community needs.

Like many things, it's a somewhat ambivalent situation. Should people be tried in a court of public opinion? Not really. Should communities have the power to self-police even if there was no violation of any actual laws? Absolutely. Squaring the two off against each other, however, is fraught with pitfalls. No easy solutions. Some cases are clearer than others, but the temptation is high to react wrongly - in either direction.
    Well said. One thing is certain if smoke starts to appear it does not take long for sponsors and members of an organization to run as fast as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    No no you're taking what I'm saying the wrong way. There are PLENTY of red flags, no question he has done a lot of scummy shit. What I'm saying is that some people might pile on that are NOT telling the truth. False accusations by people ARE most definitely a thing. The 2018 situation is the one that I don't exactly blame Method for, it was a random email saying "hey there is some scummy shit going on". Is Method expected to act as the police/courts suddenly just based on one email? The police would be the solution I'd aim for too. When more things start happening THEN for sure it is time to cut ties. But not the first one, it was some random email with nothing happening. Hell even the police getting involved later they never charged him with anything.

The 2019 on stream thing is very fucked up and I don't know how he made it to 2020 still with Method, I'm also a bit surprised he didn't get arrested if that is what happened on the stream. He avoided jail time correct? Didn't even go to court? That's weird.

This Josh guy has done PLENTY of fucked up things, why method went out of their way to protect him is beyond me. What is just as bad is the people in this organization that knew things were going on and did and said nothing and covered it up. I'm sure some of them were some of the first ones to flee and act like they were shocked it happened.

More than enough red flags and fucked up situations to get rid of the guy in 2019, it didn't happen. Now in 2020 people are quick to flee Method likely some of them knew what was going on, that's sad on all fronts. In this era of the internet it is hyper fast to get blamed for something, sometimes with little proof at all besides a 'he said/she said'.

Not saying it applies to this situation but in some of these situations people come out of nowhere to pile on with their story, some of it might not be real.
    I definitely agree with you, I don't think they were wrong to be skeptical in 2018-2019, but after he threatened a girl with a knife on stream, got banned for it, and then a police investigation was opened in regards to him raping her, they should have dropped him as quick as possible. I'm glad we can agree on that.

It's just insane that they kept him on after that and even tried to cover for him and get him unbanned from Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I definitely agree with you, I don't think they were wrong to be skeptical in 2018-2019, but after he threatened a girl with a knife on stream, got banned for it, and then a police investigation was opened in regards to him raping her, they should have dropped him as quick as possible. I'm glad we can agree on that.

It's just insane that they kept him on after that and even tried to cover for him and get him unbanned from Twitch.
    Yeah I'm honestly surprised at the knife incident. How he didn't get arrested is beyond me. If Twitch bans you and UPHOLDS the ban there is usually something really bad going on. To keep him on after that and try and keep him quiet in comms is just stupid. This isn't the NFL where you keep people on as they do abhorrent shit, this is just a video game with far lower stakes and money. Some people just lost their asses in this whole debacle and it should serve as a teaching point...but who am I kidding not many people are going to learn from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Why not go to the police. I do not understand at all.
    She did, they dropped it.

She did, they dropped it.
    Why was it dropped if she had clothing with his fluids all over it? Pretty strange.

Like they all won't be back when the next wf race comes around.
    It's easy to be all holier-than-thou now, bfa is done & nothing really significant to do for the next 5 months.

Why was it dropped if she had clothing with his fluids all over it? Pretty strange.
    I'd joke and say the Method organization paid off the police but I suspect some people in this thread would take that at face value and begin spreading even more false information. Honestly, we don't know the whole story and probably never will (since it doesn't appear that anything is going to court at this point).

Well there goes the guild.. everyone left.

Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post
    Well there goes the guild.. everyone left.
    Source on that? A few people left but it looks like most of the raid core is still there. Sco also issued a pretty self-immolating apology earlier today.

She didn't, she showered and went home after it happened. She got on her stream after she got home, people asked her about her visit with him and she started crying and said she didn't want to talk about it, turned off her stream, and then just disappeared forever. Then she later went to the police after she came to terms with what had happened to her. In her story about what happened, she hadn't even realized that she was clearly raped until the police told her that's what had been done to her. Unfortunately that is not uncommon at all for victims to feel that way as a sort of defense mechanism for trying to deal with an awful thing that has just happened to them, it's almost like being in a state of shock.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Source on that? A few people left but it looks like most of the raid core is still there. Sco also issued a pretty self-immolating apology earlier today.
    Scripe announced it on stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxna View Post
    Method dying to internal corruption after losing the world first race to external corruption
    Seems N'Zoth won after all. And he managed to corrupt their priest of all people before his death. Ya hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    She didn't, she showered and went home after it happened. She got on her stream after she got home, people asked her about her visit with him and she started crying and said she didn't want to talk about it, turned off her stream, and then just disappeared forever. Then she later went to the police after she came to terms with what had happened to her. In her story about what happened, she hadn't even realized that she was clearly raped until the police told her that's what had been done to her. Unfortunately that is not uncommon at all for victims to feel that way as a sort of defense mechanism for trying to deal with an awful thing that has just happened to them, it's almost like being in a state of shock.
    She literally said he came on her pijama. Quite sure she didn't go showering with her clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Scripe announced it and about 8 people already left like Deepshades, Scripe, Nnogga, Gingi, Rogerbrown and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well then. RIP Method. Sort of expected at this point. Hopefully a new (less corrupt/better managed) organization can step up to fill the void left. I think this will be used as a textbook example of the reasons why an HR department is essential for any business. Jesus, that sucks.