Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try using Uber Eats maybe, I think they don't have tips

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Try using Uber Eats maybe, I think they don't have tips
    Maybe not where you're from...but they do here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I generally tip pretty well because I live so far out of town. But I'm not going to tip before service has been rendered.
    If you live far out of town...tipping in advance is a better idea. That way the driver knows he's not going all the way out there just to get stiffed.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-06-26 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    The the delivery person knows up front you didn't tip them and you end up with some "extra" flavoring or "secret sauce" on your food.
    there is still a chance they could tip the driver cash.

having delivered for like a decade when I was in high school and college I can tell you, the vast majority of delivery people really don't give a shit unless you have some crazy order that takes a lot of effort to deliver like a catering order in a 8th floor business with 4 trips in and out.

they become numb to the tip or no tip result after just a few weeks or even days. I've seen this with every new delivery person who was hired after me.

You have to have some really sadistic person to do what you claim and they are going to do it for even smaller reasons then no tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its simply them trying avoid having to double dip on credit card processing fees
    well they would submit an edit/adjustment to the initial processing thus would not generate a second processing fee.

almost all credit card companies allow for an add on to the original charge with no additional processing fee as well.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I never tip... but then I don't live in the US. Places trying their luck here in Europe can go to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Maybe not where you're from...but they do here.
    The payment goes forward anyway. First I pay then the delivery is done. It's weird they only want the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The payment goes forward anyway. First I pay then the delivery is done. It's weird they only want the tip
    They don't want just the tip. They charge you for the delivery + the tip.

Probably because in America I am pretty sure there is no law against a boss stealing an employee’s tips.

Delivery is not a service that needs a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Delivery is not a service that needs a tip.
    LOL....Till wage laws are changed, it sure does. Take away tipping with no wage changes = you ain't got no one delivering anymore
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Many people prefer the jobs deal with cash/tip.
    They don't pay tax.

They also get the welfare money from the government.
    The sum is far more than a wage job.
    Even the boss steals some of their tips. They don't mind.

Don't feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Many people prefer the jobs deal with cash/tip.
    They don't pay tax.

They also get the welfare money from the government.
    The sum is far more than a wage job.
    Even the boss steals some of their tips. They don't mind.

Don't feel sorry for them.
    Nice made up story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    LOL....Till wage laws are changed, it sure does. Take away tipping with no wage changes = you ain't got no one delivering anymore
    Delivery drivers of pizza places aren't affected by wage laws.

We don’t tip here. We pay people a living wage instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Delivery drivers of pizza places aren't affected by wage laws.
    ahahahahahah….they sure are.

If they are hired as employees like at domino's then there is a lot of wage laws and expense laws that apply...out the ass. Everything from salary to reimbursement of vehicle expenses up to IRS regulated per mile rates.
    As employees their pay and tips must equal min wage. They must be reimbursed for mileage expense at IRS rates at a min.

Even if they are hired as an independent contractor there are still wage laws. Though for the most part when contested pizza delivery jobs will fail the independent contractor ABC test and the business will be forced to reclassify them as employees.

that is why Domino's lost a huge class action and had to reclassify and most chains now follow that ruling.

this is why Uber and the such are in huge trouble in CA right now. They tried to do what pizza chains have been trying to do for decades and keep getting rebutted.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems to be trending where I live that pizza places now when you pay with a card they want you to tip when they run it instead of writing it into the receipt when your food is delivered. i gotta tell ya i refused to tip before the food is delivered. I normally tip pretty good too but this definitely effects the amount of money I tip.

Is this happening where you guys live?
    So put $0 and give them cash when they arrive? Not A hard thing to go around.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its simply them trying avoid having to double dip on credit card processing fees
    No, they authorize enough to cover a generous tip when they run the card in the first place and then finalize the total+tip after. This would only be an issue if someone tips well above normal(30%+ is usually authorized to cover a tip).

It's to prevent the need of signature and pen usage and reduce contact during a pandemic. If you don't like tipping before getting service then either pay in cash, or run your card and put "cash tip" in notes and hand them a few $1s for good service.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So put $0 and give them cash when they arrive? Not A hard thing to go around.
    They aren't accepting cash right now.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Cash for pizza payment sure maybe some places don't right now but if you really think a driver isn't going to accept a cash tip you're nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cash for pizza payment sure maybe some places don't right now but if you really think a driver isn't going to accept a cash tip you're nuts.
    Also, anyone out there delivering pizza right now deserves a tip just for showing up.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The store might not but I bet those delivery people will for a tip.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.