Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Normally i think everyone is intitled to a fair shake. But you preaching vigalanty justice i hope the mob spares you the same amount courtesy as you are showing now when the inevatably come after you, which is none
    It really isn't hard not to get yourself in a situation where the mob comes after you. People have to really be giant assholes to worry that the mob is coming after them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Stopped right here.
    Why? Because you refuse to critically think? Sorry if I gave you a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    In my circles, I am known as a flirt, womanizer etc, but never thought I had claim over anyone or would ever force myself on someone. It isn't a segregation issue its a "stop being stupid" issue. Its not hard to NOT sexually assault someone (ALLEGEDLY)
    it is not hard to not sexually assault someone true, it is hard to guard against someone accusing you of that, there is a difference as the accusation does not need to be true to be made

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lmao you are free to get a lawyer and state your case if you feel so strongly about being right
    so where is my aerial combat that was promised on THE BOX of wrath of the lich king

im guessing that would count as a chase of false advertisement, not that i bought the game for the aerial combat but the false advertisement still stands
    Last edited by Thoramir; 2020-06-26 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoramir View Post
    you don't need to be someone just need to say you are and you get hit by the SJW's coming after you
    What's it like living in constant fear? It must be exhausting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    In these times all it would take is someone else saying your a piece of shit and your life could be ruined so yeah.
    I feel like some of the responses in this thread makes me want to go invest in tin foil.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep thinking that, ill just sit here as you get beaten up like the journalists and politions who had nothing to do with the thing they were being beat up for. You keep saying american well there a countries that exist outside those borders and mob justice has been used all troughout history with scary results. So if you think your safe just because you're on their side. As soon as you stop being usefull they'll come after you because you will be the biggest treat to them
    Haha, this is so sad it actually makes me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I can already hear the Morgan Freeman voice over.

"But the mob did indeed come after him."
    Only the mob of incels invading this thread. They don't frighten me. They can't even talk to a lady without getting awkward..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    imagine thinking mobs only go after guilty people...
    Imagine it's 2020 and you're still saying imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one
    Not by the law. Not by any civilized culture on Earth. Not by anyone with half a brain.

I mean, you touched me in my naughty place when I was 5 years old. There. Now, according to you and the people you think have it right, you deserve to have your entire life ruined.

I read her story and it seemed completely believable to me. Tons of detail, lots of other people to corroborate the story, and what really cinched it for me was most of it was this unequal power dynamic he held over her, being a much more accomplished streamer and letting her live with him when she was broke. Trying to get her to bring in other women to bang is standard abusive dependent relationship stuff and while slimy as hell unfortunately very common, but the bit about blindfolding her so his friend could have sex with her, that is actually criminal and just a completely shitty thing to do.

Doesn't mean it's true, and it's just half of the story, maybe she's a master storyteller or whatever, but it would certainly be enough for me to cut ties too.

And of course, there is no upside for the accuser. She isn't going to make money off this. She's just pissed off, and wants justice, and rightfully so.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-06-26 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    What's it like living in constant fear? It must be exhausting.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like some of the responses in this thread makes me want to go invest in tin foil.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, this is so sad it actually makes me laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Only the mob of incels invading this thread. They don't frighten me. They can't even talk to a lady without getting awkward..

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine it's 2020 and you're still saying imagine.
    don't know i as i don't live in fear, i'm just stating it as it looks from the outside where i sit.
    given most accusers are losing nothing from accusing someone(in this example the accusation is false to make a point and is not saying if swifty is a victim or an abuser) someone else of sexual assault but they have a lot to gain if they win. so to fix that you would need to punish the accuser if it is proven false to the same degree as the accused if he/she is proven guilty.
    but that would still be bad as then some abusers will go free as many would have a hard time to prove the abuse, so it ends in a lose , lose situation with making rules about that.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And so does my point. If you are so sure you are correct in this, go get a lawyer and prove it in court.

If you won't do this how am I supposed to take you seriously?
    you do know what the statue of limitation is right? RIGHT? good you do then you would also know that there is no way to win it as it is old as in very old as in close to 12 years ago plus it would also make it so i cant really play the game, so the problem for me was not big enough to take to court at all, but that does not mean that if someone did not want to play the game and want their money returned(back in wrath) they could have gone that way but it would then again make it so they could not play the game after on their account.
    Last edited by Thoramir; 2020-06-26 at 11:56 PM. Reason: replay to Matheney2k

Go to his Twitch channel. Its blowing up. People are subbing left and right.

- - - Updated - - -

He is almost in tears with the people who are supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    society has lost "innocent until proven guilty".
    It's not "society", it happens at the tribal level. When certain people are accused they say, "believe all women no matter what" and "the weight of the accusation demands action be taken now" and "the accused should never be employed again regardless of whether there's any evidence", but when the accused shares their ideological affiliations, then change their slogans to, "we should remain skeptical" and "we need to wait on the evidence" and "let the justice system play out", meanwhile the accuser never gets their day in court, the accused never confronts the accuser, and everyone soon forgets about the whole ordeal.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Oh get over yourself. Some of us still believe in due process and innocent untill Proven guilty. Personally i don't partake in his content so i have no context if hes guilty or not, BUT YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS THAT I WILL FUCKING DEFEND DUE PROCESS FROM TURNING KANGAROO WITCH TRIALS
    So Swifty and Takarita were creeps that tried to corner Nano_Kitten and force her into something and she eventually decides to share her story and provides a pretty solid trail all the way back to 2015, and you're crying about "BuT mUh DuE pRoCeSs!?" She provided as much proof as she could dingus. That's the whole reason that stories like this have turned into a movement. It's because the U.S. legal system is deficient at handling cases like this.

Now it's up to the public and private companies to decide whether or not they believe it and whether or not they want to risk their company's reputation on Swifty. Blizzard's answer was apparently "no", and that's fine. By all accounts it was a responsible decision since they have absolutely no control over Swifty.

I swear, some of you guys must cover yourselves in bubblewrap before you leave your house in the morning. You think the whole world is out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Its amazing to see, now they just have to bring his NPC back.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    And of course, there is no upside for the accuser. She isn't going to make money off this. She's just pissed off, and wants justice, and rightfully so.
    Sometimes the only "upside" someone needs to make a false accusation is "spite". They believe ruining someone else will make them feel better. Or maybe they know they won't feel better, but want the other person to feel as bad or worse then they do.

It's not like we haven't heard stories of "women scorned" who leveled false allegations out of spite, or to get even. And it's tough, because there seems to rarely be evidence beyond the testimony of the accused and the accuser. We know there are real attacks on women, as well as the fact that we know there are actual false allegations towards men. Then we are just flipping a coin on whether we give justice to the women, or ruin the man's life, and we'll likely never know if we made the right call.

That's why I do whatever I can to make sure I'm not alone with someone, who can wield power over me, that I don't completely trust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    So Swifty and Takarita were creeps that tried to corner Nano_Kitten and force her into something and she eventually decides to share her story and provides a pretty solid trail all the way back to 2015, and you're crying about "BuT mUh DuE pRoCeSs!?" She provided as much proof as she could dingus. That's the whole reason that stories like this have turned into a movement. It's because the U.S. legal system is deficient at handling cases like this.

Now it's up to the public and private companies to decide whether or not they believe it and whether or not they want to risk their company's reputation on Swifty. Blizzard's answer was apparently "no", and that's fine. By all accounts it was a responsible decision since they have absolutely no control over Swifty.
    Is she accusing them of criminal activity or just creepy activity?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
    Removed it to preserve their image and could give a rats ass if it was true or not. Blitzchung all over again.
    How is it similiar? Blitzchung was a justified ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Over 1000 dollar's of donations, more then 500 gifted subs and counting.

Support is real.
    Last edited by Danion; 2020-06-27 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danion View Post
    Over 1000 dollar's of donations, more then 1000 gifted subs and counting.

Support is real.
    how do donations and subs matter or prove anything. literally anyone can donate to anything because they dont want to believe their big baby boy is bad/wrong.

there's literally an email from when nanokitten was almost raped by both swifty and taka going to originPC, which is why origin dropped him as a sponsor

how the fuck are you people so fucking stupid? how do mods let threads like this live? do they legit think theres civil discourse in here? lmao

both taka and swifty are dumbfuck assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    That's why I do whatever I can to make sure I'm not alone with someone, who can wield power over me, that I don't completely trust.
    Well I think that's generally a good idea, just to protect yourself.

That said, these accusers are being attacked by rabid dogs, their lives threatened, etc, and it's been years since #metoo started so they knew they were in for some heavy blowback from the fans of the people they accused, so I really don't buy spite as the excuse. I could buy them simply being crazy-- irrational people. But there are just so many accusers, and most have documentation and corroboration.

Occam's razor comes into play. It just seems so much more likely that these dudes are real creeps who you wouldn't want hanging around your sister or niece.

That doesn't mean they aren't skilled gamers or entertaining personalities. Michael Jackson was an amazing singer and dancer. O.J. Simpson was great at football. People can be more than one thing. You need to decide if you can see past their personal life and still enjoy their work. I personally can't.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-06-27 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So a guy loses because a Woman could be lying. Yeah that's a fucked up world view.
    It's not a world view. It's a view of the situation. It's seeing the forest for the trees.

Welcome to being a company in 2020, where you need to have a stance on every social issue and a statement for everything. If you're blizzard, do you really think you could issue a statement like "So a guy loses because a Woman could be lying"? If you actually believe that, you're not thinking rationally, or you're too immature to even consider it an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

Is she accusing them of criminal activity or just creepy activity?
    I think you could probably argue that it was harassment based on her account. I'm not sure that anything more serious than that would realistically stick. The email said that they literally cornered her while she was alone and tried to force a three-way kiss on her before she called out for help. The way that Takarita asked KoozyL to work on her computer in the other room before it went down also makes it sound like they were trying to separate her deliberately. Which is ultra creepy.

I'm not even arguing for Swifty to be strung up for it or left penniless. But if it's true then it was definitely gross and inappropriate, and it would show that companies should be careful about having a business relationship with him.

EDIT: Like, what would have happened if Koozy hadn't been there? That's the mindset that you need to get into as a PR rep. I doubt that Blizzard wants to be in a headline on CNN, or even Kotaku for having ties to someone that's involved in those types of situations. It's easier to just remove the problem now.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2020-06-27 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    how do donations and subs matter or prove anything. literally anyone can donate to anything because they dont want to believe their big baby boy is bad/wrong.

there's literally an email from when nanokitten was almost raped by both swifty and taka going to originPC, which is why origin dropped him as a sponsor

how the fuck are you people so fucking stupid? how do mods let threads like this live? do they legit think theres civil discourse in here? lmao

both taka and swifty are dumbfuck assholes.
    I can make an email to... No need to call names you kind sophisticated gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They wouldn't even harm Swifty. If he's innocent, all they have to do is put his shit back in the game, it isn't difficult. This is just a "better safe than sorry" approach by Blizzard.

Personally, I didn't even realise Swifty was still a thing, thought he had long since faded into irrelevance. Then again, I guess I'm not really interested in PvP enough.
    Exactly. Like I said - This is the ONLY approach you have as any sort of publicly-traded company in 2020.

You can't risk being the next Kotaku/Polygon/whatever article now. The stocks dip .00001% when the "Swifty fans" are mad. They dip 4%+ when you're frontpaging IGN/Reddit/Major News Outlets.

It's quite literally a no-brainer. I'd have made the exact same decision in their shoes, without a second thought.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    society has lost "innocent until proven guilty".

now its immediate guilt.. sever ties just in case. hope you can prove your innocence, we dont really care as our gnat like attention span will have moved on by the time you can.

cancel culture and pre-emptive actions are a plague.

if he is found guilty.. then fine, be the first to dismiss any and all ties, and denounce the behavior. but until then.. we must stand true to "innocent until proven guilty" and question ALL accusations for proof.

Society never had it to begin with. It always has been and always will be a legal thing only.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.