Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes. all bad boyfriend stuff other than him letting his friend bang her against her will. So, rape.
    I'm sorry, but I don't really buy the whole rape shit just because you had a blindfolded threesome where your partner told you he would be the one penetrating you while you just give oral to the other guy and it ended up being the other way around. And besides, Swifty didn't rape her if you do believe it is rape.

So actually... what is the outrage over again? Being a shitty boyfriend?

I mean, having sex with a girl when she said no is the definition of rape.

Swifty himself, I dunno, this isn't a court of law, which is a lot of the problem. Accessory to rape? Whatever the law calls it, it's way across the line of acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    But who is guilty of rape, Swifty or his friend?
    I don't get involved with rapes, but I guess (think?) he'd be an accessory to the rape? Although, I think by legal definition "rape" would be on very shaky ground. No one forced her to do it.

C'mon, this isn't 1950. You do not need force to rape someone. If she says no, it's rape. If she's unable to consent due to being blackout drunk or whatever, it's rape.

C'mon, this isn't 1950. You do not need force to rape someone. If she says no, it's rape. If she's unable to consent due to being blackout drunk or whatever, it's rape.
    Yes, and it's very, very scary that all someone has to do is say they told you no.

In the end, it's two random people (well three) with one saying X, the other saying Y and the third not even being named (odd?) with the person accusing the other apparently (she says it herself) she loves to drink and seems to blame a lot of things on her drinking habits.

Hell, unless his friend is "bigger" than Swifty, why wouldn't she have just named him? Instead everything is Swifty, Swifty, Swifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Can we not pretend all is at stake is "a model in a videogame" in a vacuum?

He was thrown under the bus within less than 24 hours from an accusation on twitter.

Or you think Blizzard will keep sending him beta invites? Blizzcon interviews? Special treatment? After this?
    Followed by a "nothing personal kid" quote?
    I think they just don't want to be associated with him. They gain nothing from the relationship. If they had kept in his NPC, do you think that makes a statement that they support him? If so, it would have some pretty back backlash if he was found to be guilty.

I guess she was just pissed off at Swifty? Who knows why she didn't name the other guy.

It's her word against his, which is why this won't make it to courts other than the court of public opinion. But to be clear, she is accusing him of rape. Or accessory to rape, I suppose. That isn't just "bad boyfriend" level.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't really buy the whole rape shit just because you had a blindfolded threesome where your partner told you he would be the one penetrating you while you just give oral to the other guy and it ended up being the other way around. And besides, Swifty didn't rape her if you do believe it is rape.

So actually... what is the outrage over again? Being a shitty boyfriend?
    That's literally rape. You saying otherwise makes you a shitty person.

I guess she was just pissed off at Swifty? Who knows why she didn't name the other guy.

It's her word against his, which is why this won't make it to courts other than the court of public opinion.
    Isn't that basically all rapes? Or is that why women don't typically report them? Being honest, I have no idea about rape.

Of course she could have physically left, he didn't chain her to the radiator. That doesn't matter. If she left she would have been homeless and broke. That's where he had power over her.

Of course she could have left anyway. Crashed with friends, got a job at Wendy's, tried to stream in her spare time, etc. She absolutely should have done that. But it was difficult, and scary, and cleaning the fryolator sucks. That's the cage she was in.
    This story usually goes with girl meeting boy, getting together, having kids, girl becoming the caretaker of the kids and the household, years are going by, no past career, no future career in the picture either, and then bam, guy goes crazy, and she can't leave him because he is the bread winner, there are kids involved, nice house they put together etc.

I don't see this with this story. She was broke before, had a boyfriend she left, crashed at Swifty, got everything put under her ass. Of course it's hard to leave luxury and possibly giving up streaming and getting a job. But it was not "hers". The "cage" she flew into was not hers.

Isn't that basically all rapes? Or is that why women don't typically report them? Being honest, I have no idea about rape.
    It's a lot of rapes, yes. Very few are the classic stranger with a knife scenario, which is why they're so difficult to prosecute. And of course it's shameful for the woman, they'd rather just forget about it and try to move on from the trauma.

She described that cage in detail in her accusation. My summary was accurate. You don't need 20 years of history, kids, and a house to be in a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    That's literally rape. You saying otherwise makes you a shitty person.
    When I said "if you do believe it is rape", I didn't mean legal definition, I meant if you believe her story in general.

Can we try to have a discussion without insulting people? That isn't productive.

Can we try to have a discussion without insulting people? That isn't productive.
    Can you quote people who you are replying to? It makes us assume who you are replying to. :-/

Heh, thought it was clear, the guy that called you a shitty person.

Anyway, I'm going to watch TV. I don't imagine I convinced anyone they were wrong, that would be a first for the internet, but this wasn't as bad of an idea as I anticipated it being!

I honestly believed it when I heard it, entirely because of my bias in not really enjoying Swifty and his content.

After reading to even a minor degree it looks like the person making the accusation is the one committing the sexual misconduct and getting on the bandwagon by accusing an innocent person. I was totally wrong, and it's pathetic that Blizzard has throwing him under the bus based on obvious bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I honestly believed it when I heard it, entirely because of my bias in not really enjoying Swifty and his content.

After reading to even a minor degree it looks like the person making the accusation is the one committing the sexual misconduct and getting on the bandwagon by accusing an innocent person. I was totally wrong, and it's pathetic that Blizzard has throwing him under the bus based on obvious bullshit.
    So wait, you believed it because you dislike Swifty? lol

I do firmly believe there is truths woven into her story (most accusations do) but with her continuously talking about how she likes to get blackout drunk all the time...

When I said "if you do believe it is rape", I didn't mean legal definition, I meant if you believe her story in general.
    That's not what you said at all. Honestly, I don't disagree that it's hard to believe her story completely just because of her own behavior and another person basically accusing both Swifty and her of forcing themselves on her. I think at worst, they were both doing this behavior and at best she was facilitating the threesomes with other girls and Swifty was complicit in her methods of basically taking advantage of drunk girls.

She described that cage in detail in her accusation. My summary was accurate. You don't need 20 years of history, kids, and a house to be in a cage.
    This girl is the prime example of someone who... how do you say in english. Codependendant? Maybe not the word I'm looking for. People who can not be single, they fly from partner to partner (re-read the actual tweet and check the patterns for this). The ones who leave one guy only if they have the new one lined up with a place to go. It is not me judging them, it is a known characteristic of some people and you can see all the textbook symptoms of it in her tweet. A rape will always be a rape and noone should walk away unpunished from it, but her feeling in a cage part is what I have issues with.
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-06-27 at 04:44 AM.

This thread in a nutshell