Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yeah, no I haven't caped for a suspected predator and rapist. Nor I ever will.

The organisational failure is staggering. Any decent company/business venture would have had HR department which would have been tasked to investigate this.. At the very least he should have been suspended from the Method brand and events. Twitch is shitty platform but unreasonable permabans are the anomaly, not the norm.

They knew about the charges. They waved them off. There is no other way to read this situation.
    It's all dependant on their contracts and so forth whether the allegations were true or not is immaterial, they had a obligation to investigate and did.

Whether or not the investigation is up to scratch is another thing, you would be suprised how many people get away with things the world over because of poorly investigated things.

I feel bad for other guildies who were told that it's NP that Josh was still around after that knife incident. Sort of complicit but not really... I hope Scripe and others can rebuild something but fuck Sco in every which way possible.
    Why do you talk about that now? Did you even see the video? He's literally just playing with a knife in his hand, like you would with a pen if your hand was bored. Idk where people are getting the idea that "he pulled a knife on a girl" except for perpetuating sensational lies.

Like yeah, you can comment the behavior as presented by either party, but just saying some shit as fact because you heard it somewhere makes you look like an idiot.

Sociopaths tends to have a lot of empathy for others of their kind. Nice to see that study manifest itself in all it's glory here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sociopaths tends to have a lot of empathy
    Excuse me?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Excuse me?
    For their own fucked up kind. The only way to can be happy.

In case it wasn't brought up, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661904587 (first 20 minutes)
    It's hilarious what a shitshow of wilful incompetence their handling of the situation was.

If you cape a for a suspected predator and rapist, you are just an inch better than he is. Fuck Method, fuck every single one of those idiots who stood by Js side.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-06-27 at 08:54 AM.

For their own fucked up kind. The only way to can be happy.

In case it wasn't brought up, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661904587 (first 20 minutes)
    It's hilarious what a shitshow is wilful incompetence their handling of the situation was.

If you cape a for a suspected predator and rapist, you are just an inch better than he is. Fuck Method, fuck every single one of those idiots who stood by Js side.
    All of this would have stopped or prevented nothing. Stop acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    All of this would have stopped or prevented nothing. Stop acting up.
    Oh I feel very confident in saying this is just the first wave of allegations. J felt like he got away with it because he did. And people who think they can get away with something will keep pushing their and everyone elses shit.

Oh I feel very confident in saying this is just the first wave of allegations. J felt like he got away with it because he did. And people who think they can get away with something will keep pushing their and everyone elses shit.
    And who's fault is that? Quite sure it is the police who failed here and no one else. To blame online friends, who only know as much as you tell them, for anything Josh related is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    But then every company deals with this differently. There are easygoing companies and there are formal ones, and every company is entitled to their own policies. Which one is method? Which WAS method back then? What if they didn't have any because reasons?
    If you are someone who expects your workplace to be strict and it is not, then there will be problems. Vice versa. I think this "girl" was just an unfortunate match to that particular guild and environment.
    And the easygoing companies risk getting into massive trouble if their 'lacks' attitude causes them to runs headfirst into a bad situation.

The law doesn't care about whether your company is easygoing or strict. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Holy crap, it spills out so fast and hard onto other orgs/streamers/games. It either was a widespread and normalized behaviour, or someone is executing Order 66. :v
    It is widespread and normalised. Like seriously have the last decades where something like this springs up somewhat regularly somewhere not taught you that?

Did you miss #metoo or did you think that was just an isolated incident and 'surely it can't be like that in gaming where you have a high concentration of socially inept people and downright creeps'?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Reading @poopernoodle’s rape accusation against josh made me feel incredibly sick.. the guy is so fucked up, there’s so many overlapping stories about him, it was an open secret..

And who's fault is that? Quite sure it is the police who failed here and no one else. To blame online friends, who only know as much as you tell them, for anything Josh related is so stupid.
    I wouldn't be to fast in blaming the police. Their job is to find if there is enough evidence for a criminal case or not. Maybe they screwed up, maybe they didn't. We're hardly in a position with all the facts.

But Method absolutely should have cut ties with Josh long ago. And in protecting him instead, despite mounting evidence, even if circumstantial, they are completely at fault.

The Method organisation could probably have survived the incident with Sascha, damaged but alive. Josh was a death sentence they chose to keep around.

The law doesn't care about whether your company is easygoing or strict. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment.
    And it can be a very slippery slope for some companies and people.

Sometimes it can be easy to prove sometimes it can be hard, People can and do change their minds after the fact due to regrets and other reasons. Claiming sexual harrassment doesn't automatically mean that the situation isn't complicated or that a myriad of possibilities couldn't arise from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I wouldn't be to fast in blaming the police. Their job is to find if there is enough evidence for a criminal case or not. Maybe they screwed up, maybe they didn't. We're hardly in a position with all the facts.

But Method absolutely should have cut ties with Josh long ago. And in protecting him instead, despite mounting evidence, even if circumstantial, they are completely at fault.

The Method organisation could probably have survived the incident with Sascha, damaged but alive. Josh was a death sentence they chose to keep around.
    In what form was he protected? He was just in their guild and they hesitated on kicking him for possibly fake accusations because they were friends. Would you instantly kick a friend with who you spend days and days with because he told you he had a police investigation going on and that he did nothing wrong? Because this is all that Method knew - and it all came from Josh himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Good.

Purge them all.

This has gone on long enough. I'm tired of communities harboring, enabling, or condoning inappropriate behavior. These people have become idols to an entire generation of kids and teens. They MUST be held to a high moral standard.

It's so easy not to be a dick.

(And just to be clear: I am and always will be an equally adamant supporter of due process, according to good community standards. No witch-hunting, no false accusations, no court of public opinion. Actual information, actual facts.)
    Why is it good? Can you tell us why Doc was banned?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why is it good? Can you tell us why Doc was banned?
    No one knows, but he is forever gone. Twitch refunded his subs etc.

Yeah, seems that way. But Biomega can't say it was good he's banned if he doesn't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Why do you talk about that now? Did you even see the video? He's literally just playing with a knife in his hand, like you would with a pen if your hand was bored. Idk where people are getting the idea that "he pulled a knife on a girl" except for perpetuating sensational lies.

Like yeah, you can comment the behavior as presented by either party, but just saying some shit as fact because you heard it somewhere makes you look like an idiot.
    They were literally cooking dinner iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

They think they are rockstars because they raid mythic LOL.

Difference is that rockstars don't need to force rape and childs to get laid.

F**king loosers they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post

Quite sure there are rockstars who actually did that.

In what form was he protected? He was just in their guild and they hesitated on kicking him for possibly fake accusations because they were friends. Would you instantly kick a friend with who you spend days and days with because he told you he had a police investigation going on and that he did nothing wrong? Because this is all that Method knew - and it all came from Josh himself.
    I wouldn't want to be friends with somone as toxic as Josh in the first place so that is an easy yes, I would kick him.

You have to understand something here. Method is not just some group of friends. Sco turned it into a business and therefor he has to treat it like a business or he risks getting fucked. Which he now has been.
    Josh has been involved in repeated events over the years, benefit of the doubt only goes so far. At some point you need to tell your friend "sorry, but I need to protect my multi-million dollar business, we can still be personal friends but you can't be connected to the business".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post

I wouldn't dive to hard in the world of sexual assault by rockstars if you don't want to utterly shatter the illusion you live in.