Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I highly doubt that, the notion to live on the world tree seems kind of stupid to me and the Druids in Val'shara did not do it either. Also its a technical problem since they would need to extend the size of the tree to half of Hyjal. Also before WoW they did not live on Nodrassil either.... and in the end, no one wants a giant stump again.
    Agreed, they'll live around Hyjal and the Well of Eternity lake at the base of the world tree not actually in the world tree itself. I mean it's silly to think they'll go live in a tree .. AGAIN.

My thinks they'll build a capital with buildings etc and have the tree huge and tall at the end of the line at the peak where the well is, there seems to be some city like ruins there anyway. They could live in the tree, but really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I think Blizzard might even give a capital city for NElfs in the books, but they have being shifting from the capital city systhem, and now they even implementing a united leveling systhem. The goal of capital cities was to serve has quest hubs, there isn't any reason for them (Blizzard) doing that again. So, we might not even see a huge city at all in the game.

I still hope them to rebuilt Teldrassil/Darnassus, the island is still there... And obviously has been heavily damaged.
    That really depends a bit what they do in the future in Azeroth, but without a revamp to some degree it seems unlikely. But they could still do it either way, the heritage quest chain would be a possibility or they rebuild the section around Nordrassil. Not that I would a bet on that yet but I think its a possibility.

I won't hold my breath but it would be really cool to see a phased Hyjal that's fixed and no longer burning. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see a city because that would take YEARS to build... unless maybe that's the time shit people think Ion was suggesting? I don't know. RP servers are gonna be hella pissed if suddenly their characters age 20+ years coming out of the expansion.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The fact that Anduin does not understand that the equivalent to a burned down Teldrassil is not a burned down Stormwind, but the complete destruction of the eastern kingdoms (victim vice) shows how much he does not understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I won't hold my breath but it would be really cool to see a phased Hyjal that's fixed and no longer burning. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see a city because that would take YEARS to build... unless maybe that's the time shit people think Ion was suggesting? I don't know. RP servers are gonna be hella pissed if suddenly their characters age 20+ years coming out of the expansion.
    All of Teldrassil/Darnassus was grown and build in... one year.
    Also since... when did blizzard cared about role players? If you play an elf you don't care about 20 years anyways.

All of Teldrassil/Darnassus was grown and build in... one year.
    Also since... when did blizzard cared about role players? If you play an elf you don't care about 20 years anyways.
    Was it really? I didn't know that. I'm decent with lore but a lot of the details rarely, if ever, brought up elude me.

That being said, not everyone plays elves.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I mean yeah, you learn from your mistakes, the idea of castles were eventually abandoned as siege equipment became more and more advanced with cannons punching holes through walls with relative ease.
    I mean we have space lasers and the equivalent to nuclear bombs, so in the end it kinda does not matter as long as you do not dig deep underground

Oh yay.

Blizzard are starting to make sense with their story.
    I'm alright with Mt Hyjal. It works for all, barring Night Elf DK's and Night Elf DH's, but neither of these were a staple part of the main night elf army that follows the command of Tyrande and Malfurion.

I can see a Darnassus 2.0 in some ways, with the updated "Auberdine"-like buildings.
    Maybe a Highborne tower and one of those buildings, like where we meet the Orothil and Kalistia Starlance.

My huge dream for Night Elves ((or well, Darnassus)) was to see it updated to Boralus levels. Just imagine it - the capitol city sprawling across the canopies and down the tree trunks, sort of like the Sylvan city in Heroes and Might and Magic 5. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulxW1pCbEM)

But it was not possible back in Vanilla, so they went with the tree looking like a stump to manage the zone atop it.

We already know that it's been made the Kaldorei place of operations BEFORE the new story leaks (end of 8.3 where Tyrande brought the Night Elves to Hyjal), so I would love to see an in-game representation of that. It should really be made an Alliance/Kaldorei-only zone, perhaps through similar methods like Darkshore, where Timewalkers can bring you to an old version that's under siege by Ragnaros, and the current version to be controlled by Kaldorei only.

Looking at Hyjal now, especially Nordrassil and how its roots are everywhere, I can very easily imagine a city built among the roots and around the tree trunk. There could be more marble structures among the hills. Buildings connected by roots or roots connected by bridges similar to Thunder Bluff (or even Darnassus - how it had many small bridges connecting the isles and so on), buildings that sprawl vertically and horizontally across Nordrassil. It would be such a unique town, IMO - one very much in tune with Kaldorei feel as well. It's one of the reasons I don't necessarily want Eldre'thalas refurnished - if they had to move to Feralas, I'd much rather see an updated Feathermoon Stronghold (brought to Boralus detail). It could kick out the Ogres nearby and absorb Estulan to create a pocket for the Highborne.

Alas, I do not think they will want to spend resources on something that won't see much use. I'd imagine only very few people would be in Nordrassil (and assuming Forsaken get a new capitol as well -- iirc the Shadows Rising novel excerpt also has a bit for how they hate Orgrimmar and much rather prefer something dark and damp -- I don't think many people would want to hang in whatever the equivalent would be)), so sadly I fear we're only going to hear about it in novels and have no in-game representation of that.

7+ Year Old Account
    astonishing how things go quickly like this for the alliance, or elves, i bet if it was with a horde race it would 2 or 3 expansion to get a capital city again, at all, since even get a new leader is a lost cause.

meanwhile, worgens and gnomes wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Oh yay.

Blizzard are starting to make sense with their story.
    I'm alright with Mt Hyjal. It works for all, barring Night Elf DK's and Night Elf DH's, but neither of these were a staple part of the main night elf army that follows the command of Tyrande and Malfurion.

I can see a Darnassus 2.0 in some ways, with the updated "Auberdine"-like buildings.
    Maybe a Highborne tower and one of those buildings, like where we meet the Orothil and Kalistia Starlance.
    WE shall see. I see beautiful towers, temples, and elegant houses. Wood isn't used for houses at all, but stay as trees.

Its got loots of flowers, vines, natures interwoven, it's peaceful, but well guarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    astonishing how things go quickly like this for the alliance, or elves, i bet if it was with a horde race it would 2 or 3 expansion to get a capital city again, at all, since even get a new leader is a lost cause.

meanwhile, worgens and gnomes wait.
    No, when it's really beautiful and good, they'll find an excuse to give it to the horde.

Anyway, these days when they do cities, they do horde cities better. You saw the majesty of Atal'dazar, you saw Suramar though night elven swung over to the horde with the very night elven Nightborne.

It all goes horde, and players are sick of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    No, when it's really beautiful and good, they'll find an excuse to give it to the horde.
    no it don't
    Anyway, these days when they do cities, they do horde cities better. You saw the majesty of Atal'dazar, you saw Suramar though night elven swung over to the horde with the very night elven Nightborne.

It all goes horde, and players are sick of it.
    2 cities, just that, and once again, you are complaining about the nightborne, isn't like we wanted that either

no it don't

2 cities, just that, and once again, you are complaining about the nightborne, isn't like we wanted that either
    Who is "we"? Are we talking about the same faction where 60% of the players go with blood elfs and wanted Vulpera?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much expected this choice.

But given how Nordrassil is such a point of contention between the good guys and the bad guys (Burning Legion in WC3, Ragnaros in Cata) I'm going to laugh if there is yet another assault on Nordrassil once the Night Elves settle in.

Better invest in a sprinkler system.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The fact that Anduin does not understand that the equivalent to a burned down Teldrassil is not a burned down Stormwind, but the complete destruction of the eastern kingdoms (victim vice) shows how much he does not understand the situation.

Or is it that it's Blizzard's writing team that doesn't understand?

Horde 'got' Suramar and the Highmountain town from Legion, Alliance got iirc nothing.

Both Kaldorei and Forsaken lost their capitols and there's been no mention of what Undead will get (if they will) - but considering what the Undead have done, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the factions just want them to suffer as sort of punishment. Maybe the blight will cease to exist and they'll refurnish Undercity or go upstairs to Lordaeron Keep.

Very weird complaint to receive to be honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who is "we"? Are we talking about the same faction where 60% of the players go with blood elfs and wanted Vulpera?
    i didn't see people wanting and demanding nightborne to go horde, blizzard just shoved there for reasons.

i didn't see people wanting and demanding nightborne to go horde, blizzard just shoved there for reasons.
    No one really did back then because before them Allied Races was not a thing.

Also I'm pretty sure that if night elfs get something, the forsaken will get something nice for their new light queen as well.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-27 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    WE shall see. I see beautiful towers, temples, and elegant houses. Wood isn't used for houses at all, but stay as trees.

Its got loots of flowers, vines, natures interwoven, it's peaceful, but well guarded.
    You see - their is no need for the night elves to claim Suramar.
    All the resources you need for a perfect city are sitting atop Hyjal, with the second well of eternity and Nordrassil.

Anyway, with the burning legion defeated, the ban on Arcane in NE society should be lifted... so the highborne should take their place in NE society again and this society should be transformed by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Anyway, with the burning legion defeated, the ban on Arcane in NE society should be lifted... so the highborne should take their place in NE society again and this society should be transformed by it.
    The large majority of NElfs isn't very fond with the Highborne, but the ban on magic has already been lifted since cata, and the Highborne have already rejoined NElfs. The problem is that they are so few, that i don't think they will change NElf behavior that much.