Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Title says it all.
    Last edited by Zacharyarons; 2020-06-27 at 03:11 PM.

I'd say wotlk with the tabards system which means basically dungeon grind as an improved iteration of BC dungeon reps.
    S.H.

none, they always are boring, they are boring because after a fews day, its alays the same boring quest to do for 2-4 weeks

edit: no wait, i remember at least one time where it was fun, it was when you could buy faction tabard to grind the reput in dongeons, this one was fun and fast if i remember

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In so far as filling a bar repeatedly is enjoyable, the reputation system is time-gate-system of the past in dire need of reform... which we'll hopefully see a bit of with the covenants. Different strokes for different folks, there's been many ways to attain rep for different factions, most of which are trivialized with tw rep tokens sooner or later.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Oddly, I'm torn between Wrath and BfA. I remember Wrath dailies took like 15 minutes a day to do, and the rep grind was fun and easy. You could also slap on a tabard and run through the daily dungeon and be exalted with Wyrmrest Accord in no time. BfA grinding on the other side, was so brutal, but at the end, felt so rewarding when I unlocked the Allied Race tied to the grind. So... based on which felt more fun to go through, versus just kind of repetitive and annoying but rewarding, I'd have to go with Wrath. I mean yeah, BfA's reward was much better than just a mount and a companion like in Wrath, but it was so repetitive and boring, while Wrath felt fun and you could grind rep different ways. I'll go with Wrath.

Wotlk with tabards and daily quests actually giving rep (250).

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked MoP's once they sorted out the glaring issues (locking reps behind reps behind reps) with the story progression quests as you advanced the reputation and the visible changes around you as you advanced those reps, especially in 5.1, and I also liked WotLK's where you could choose a faction to champion in dungeons as you steadily pushed the Scourge back. Other than the jousting dailies, I even really liked the Argent Tournament, again for its story progression and all the cool faction mount recolors/new faction shirts and tabards, as well as the gorgeous Silver Covenant hippogriff and tabard and the Argent Crusader's Tabard.

Since Warlords of Draenor, however, reputations have suffered deeply by heavily throttling how fast you can progress through the reputations. Reps and world content at large should be a matter of allowing people to progress at their own pace, and they've yet to hit a sweet spot between structured dailies and mindlessly grinding mobs for a couple rep a pop since WoD.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta go with Wrath just for the convenience. There were at least 2 ways to grind rep - tabards+dungeons, and dailies. That totally comes from the position of having limited time to play these days, so efficiency is king. As someone who is able to log in about 2 or 3 times a week to bother with the current dailies, I would love to augment it with the tabard system again.

The grind that I felt most "accomplished' about? Not sure. Probably Hydraxian Waterlords in vanilla. Maybe because it was new, but man i felt great when it was done. Maybe it was just relief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember enjoying the tourny dailies in Wrath, although I think most didn't like them. I also liked the stories of some of the MoP dailies, like shado-pan.

Best reputation overall: BC
    Best reputation: WoW Vanilla: Argent Dawn.

I love it when i can get reputation even if i only mindless grind something. It doesn NOT need to be effective, it does not need to be the best way to gain reputation, but at least that you can gain it when you simply want to grind mindlessly.

And i really hope that we might gain something like this back: not only dailies or crappy world quests, but in addition through grinding. Maybe a Rare-Drop of a key for a Chest that you can open for reptuation and rewards, no daily lockout; can be soulbind or not and allow you to earn some rewards and reputation in addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I'd say wotlk with the tabards system which means basically dungeon grind as an improved iteration of BC dungeon reps.
    Tabards were no rep grind though, you were just awarded additionel rep for something you were doing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing enjoyabale ever that came from reputation is when i get 5k gold from a paragon chest. Else its just silly grind, no matter what expansion you take.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

WoD original reps, just mob grind and completely optional.

MoP 5.1 and 5.2 reps with questchains that unlocked around once per day or two as you grinded more rep from standard dailies were dope. I was actually excited to do the dailies to find out what happens next, which is unprecedented for me. MoP may have had too many dailies, but they really nailed it with some reps.

Wotlk's grind weren't as good, but also fairly benign. The additon of new dailies as you gained more rep was a nice touch to keep it less dull, and they felt more epic/grand in some cases (skewing a proto dragon through the mouth as a show of bravery was pretty dope).

Both of those had the grind feeling related to story, world quests feel too disconnected from any coherent narrative and it hurts the attachment to the rep you might have otherwise had.

WotLK, it hardly even felt like a grind. I actually had fun doing the Argent Tournament dailies and collecting all the faction rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK by far, MoP comes in second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyarons View Post
    Title says it all.
    WotLK, with its tabard system, and BC, with its "thematic" dungeons. Everything that came later (and Vanilla) was obnoxious af, except maybe Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I feel like a lot of expansions brought a lot of different good elements to the rep system.

TBC and dungeon reps felt really good!
    MoP and the double rep catch-up made reps feel relevant for alts.
    WoD and the bodyguard/wingman rep made rep for individual characters feel more relevant (while introduced in MoP, WoD was the first implementation of it that I liked).
    Legion and the paragon chests to keep reps relevant, plus the world quest/emissaries to help target specific reps.
    BfA and the Horde/aqir mount reps (Honeyback rep can go away and never come back, though).

If I had to go with one specifically, I'd say Legion, though I really miss rep from dungeons and the double-rep catch-up for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post

Wotlk was fine yes, but WOD also OK with killing mobs in efficient groups for rep.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Any expansion with rep tabards or double rep commendations
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself