Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah... normal warriors don't get the whirlwind axe at level 31. If you're playing solo (which is where warriors are hard) then you wouldn't have been able to complete that quest at 31.
    this answers op ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you got the WW axe at level 31, that means you had a fair amount of assistance.
    Basically this. Not only did you have people help you do that long quest that is pretty much impossible with players of relevant level until like 36+, you also seem to have a premade group for dungeon grinding. You are getting carried hard, that's why it's easy. Try leveling solo in the open world and then come back and tell us it's easy.

In b4: "ItS aN MmO YoU aRe SuPpoSeD tO gRoUp uP wItH OtHerS"
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Basically this. Not only did you have people help you do that long quest that is pretty much impossible with players of relevant level until like 36+, you also seem to have a premade group for dungeon grinding. You are getting carried hard, that's why it's easy. Try leveling solo in the open world and then come back and tell us it's easy.
    Lets see. Trolls in SFV are easy to solo at level 31. it takes long, but it is worth it, knowing how imba WW axe is. (which I did)
    I bought the mats from AH in order to summon the boss.
    I had a 40 level friend and a 34 with me. We did it and everything was fine.

if you follow a guide, warriors are easy to play.

Who doesn't do dungeons? I mixed it up with dungeons/questing and mobs. Questing is easy, if you are like 2 level above. Thats the strategy of a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

In b4: "ItS aN MmO YoU aRe SuPpoSeD tO gRoUp uP wItH OtHerS"
    I will say, leveling as a warrior isn't that hard, it's just slower. It will inevitably mean skipping some quests, as warriors just cannot deal with multiple mobs until their late 30's. I've leveled a warrior entirely solo, and probably only died 10-12 times in the process. Of course, most of that time was spent farming mobs, and not questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    You okey?

they don't need to be level 30. They can be 35 or even 1 person can be 40. think.
    What are you talking about

This axe is intended to be done at level 30.
    That means everyone has to be level 30, afterall, it's intended to be done at level 30.

Is the argument here really that Warriors aren't that hard provided you have another character, or characters, do the work for you?

Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your argument does not convince me, even 1%.
    I played at launch from 1-40, getting the axe at level 31. What is your excuse? This axe is intended to be done at level 30.

The guide literally states you you need to have a solid wep progession.

A warrior sucks when you don't know how to play it properly. Warrior class was theory crafted to death and the levelling was pleasant.

peace out
    You did not get the axe at level 31 unless you were very far behind and had help from higher levels. If you did it as most of us did who have been 60 forever, we had no high levels to get help from because we were the high levels lmao. And no the axe is not intended to be done at level 30. If it were, you wouldn't fight against a level 40 elite mob. I think you're lying here. It's weird because you're so combative. And what the hell are you talking about when you say "the guide" says this or "the guide" says that? What guide? Do you need a guide to know how to play vanilla WoW? Also you've changed your story up about when you played this warrior. So you're just constantly confusing yourself with lies. You're just trying to act like a badass because everyone agrees warrior is the most annoying and difficult class to level. There is no argument here. There is no class that is "harder" to level than warrior. Not a single one. I'm not even saying it's some super difficult thing. But every other class has it easier. It's just how it is.

Anyways I'll be putting you on ignore after this response. You offer nothing to the conversation. You just lie and insult people for disagreeing with you all up and down this thread. Have fun.

PS: I do hope you got your sweet Illidan rune tattoos in real life that you posted about wanting though!

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You did not get the axe at level 31 unless you were very far behind and had help from higher levels. If you did it as most of us did who have been 60 forever, we had no high levels to get help from because we were the high levels lmao. And no the axe is not intended to be done at level 30. If it were, you wouldn't fight against a level 40 elite mob. I think you're lying here. It's weird because you're so combative. And what the hell are you talking about when you say "the guide" says this or "the guide" says that? What guide? Do you need a guide to know how to play vanilla WoW? Also you've changed your story up about when you played this warrior. So you're just constantly confusing yourself with lies. You're just trying to act like a badass because everyone agrees warrior is the most annoying and difficult class to level. There is no argument here. There is no class that is "harder" to level than warrior. Not a single one. I'm not even saying it's some super difficult thing. But every other class has it easier. It's just how it is.

Anyways I'll be putting you on ignore after this response. You offer nothing to the conversation. You just lie and insult people for disagreeing with you all up and down this thread. Have fun.

PS: I do hope you got your sweet Illidan rune tattoos in real life that you posted about wanting though!

assumptions and assumptions, bla bla bla

Why are you going through my post history, you're some kind of creep?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post

They can't even fucking hit it if they're level 30, they'll get fucking 2 shotted.
    I have done lvl 1 Hogger raids, raid of lvl 30 warriors can do this easily. Group of 5 warriors tag and 10+ other warriors help. Then another 5 warriors do the quest next.

This is Classic where people help each other.

Slow is more accurate than hard. The first 10 levels are a bit rough at times since you don't have a ranged ability allowing you to safely pull mobs. After that, you just have to take it slower than the other classes in order to not die. You also won't be able to solo very many elites typically.

I died too many times as human warrior. So, At level 15, I rerolled Night Elf for Wisp form.
    Then I died like 8 times in the fulbog den, totally worths it. Now I'm level 10

Guy probably was fed by his friend with constant flow of leveling gear, and got boosted Whirlwind Axe at 31. Of course it's not hard then. Yet it's still slower and more tedious than many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Guy probably was fed by his friend with constant flow of leveling gear, and got boosted Whirlwind Axe at 31. Of course it's not hard then. Yet it's still slower and more tedious than many others.

Look, almost no one does every single thing alone with no help from friends, so that line of argumentation is just fucking stupid. I've leveled both a mage and am now leveling a warrior and, yeah, the mage is faster. But warrior isn't HARD... unless you are an idiot. It's not even really that slow, but you can't level a warrior the same way you can a mage.

Mages, esp as you get into the 20s and above, can pull a lot of mobs and kill them in the time it takes a warrior (OR other melee dps) to kill 1 or 2 mobs. So, if you're grinding mobs as a warrior it will be slow and annoying because you're being an idiot. Grinding mobs is a great way to level as a mage. It's a terrible strategy as a warrior. So don't try to use a leveling Strat meant for mages when you're not one.

The way to level a warrior is to do quests that give good XP for not a ton of kills. Ideally, do quests that are "Kill X mobs" because you can do those relatively quickly if the mob density is high. On the other hand, avoid "Collect X" quests because the way Blizzard built those is to make the drop rates suck so you have to kill a lot of mobs to get those X items - and we just established that warriors aren't that fast at killing lots of mobs. And no, I'm not contradicting myself there. Kill 10 mobs means you're done and get the quest XP after 10 kills. Collect 10 items quests might mean 25 or 30 or more kills... for the same quest XP. Collection quests are mob grinding with a little XP tacked on and we've said a couple of times that mob grinding rocks as a mage and sucks as a warrior.

Also... DUNGEON. You can tank. Do it. It's not that hard and while you might run into an asshat here and there, most people are ok. Hell, most people are glad to find a tank for Gnomer or Ulda. Also, dungeoning gets rid of the advantage mages etc have. Everyone gets the same XP for the mobs (setting aside rested XP and level differences).

Finally, if you have high level friends, DO get one of them to help with the WW axe quest. it's a great weapon and the people who want you to be pure and never take help are foolish. But if you don't have someone to help... just get a decent weapon on the AH and when you can, run SM Armory for Ravager. WW Axe is a little better, but Ravager is very good too and you get XP and other stuff from SM, so... do that. When you get to 40-42, run Uldaman and get one of the two excellent weapons off the last boss.

None of this means warriors will level as fast as mages. They won't. But if you adopt a strategy suited to what you can do vs what other classes can do, you can level in a reasonable time and have fun.

Most of all, have fun. If you're not having fun, what's the point?
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-06-26 at 10:52 PM.

Mythic raiding can be hard. Mythic+17+ can be hard. Rank 1 Arenas can be hard. Managing groups of people can be hard. Leveling has never been, and never will be, hard. All you have to do is play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    its not hard, its slow and annoying
    Just like my dick.

Wait...
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Look, almost no one does every single thing alone with no help from friends, so that line of argumentation is just fucking stupid.
    Thing is the OP claimed to have played solo outside of dungeons. It's not so much about that being the norm, it's about the fact the OP was flat-out lying.

Right now 4-5 hours a level for my good geared warrior at level 45+...Seems slow. Granted I still use WW axe until I get barbed spear from AV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Thing is the OP claimed to have played solo outside of dungeons. It's not so much about that being the norm, it's about the fact the OP was flat-out lying.
    Getting help with one short quest chain does not mean they didn't play solo for the rest of the time. You and others harping on this are just being pedantic children. If I get help with that, but solo EVERY OTHER quest, I'd be perfectly comfortable saying I played solo. You can play purity police, though, if you want.

'irl' days. You blind? that's like 1.2 day ingame I don't play 24hours a session

- - - Updated - - -

If you knew how to play a warrior in Classic, you would knew that WW axe is better than the ravager. No wonder why if was painful for you
    this is hilarious. because he said he did it in week1
    meaning there were no lvl 60 who help their friends with killing 40elite. there were no charms on auctions house and even if, most likely no gold to buy it.

so im gonna assume there was NO WAY to have WW in week1 @lvl30. and kinda hard to get it with lvl40 bc most people wanted to level as fast as possible so you had to wait for people to catch up with that quest and/or be willing to help

So heres me, never played a warrior back in vanilla to bfa and now plays warrior in classic.

1 to 30lvl was annoying sometimes, but since I got the whirlwind axe at lvl 31 everything went smooth from there.

I just kept doing dungeons

which give like 5-6 bars per run + quests and then finish off 1 to 2 levels with quests.

Why on earth people are still stating that warriors are slow to level? I went from 40 - 48 in 3 irl days, am I missing something here or did blizzard nerf classic levelling?

/10char