Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Should the US just declare war then? What would the next steps be?
    They should start by firing their incompetent president who gets walked over by smarter and more devious minds. A new competent leader would be in a better position to explore the options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Okay? Have you not been paying attention? They've been calling Mueller a RINO and democrat rat / Hillary supporter for the past few years now...
    Yes, people have been insulting republicans, as not being real republicans, because they don’t follow Trump. Stop doing the same thing?

Edit: Division only helps Trump... it’s not democrats versus republicans, it’s Trump against everyone else. I think this poem fragment comes from Henry David Thoreau‘s Walden... “If you ain't with us, you anus.”
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-27 at 10:44 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    ... I didn't?

I'm just explaining why to the GOP and Trump supporters the entire premise of this thread is regarded as made up bullshit by the democrats.
    If you didn’t, the bold wouldn’t exist. I will repeat again, no mater the screeds from Trump supporters, this isn’t GOP and Trump... It’s Trump and his minions... the same people screaming that you are not republican, unless you are a Trump supporter. So, no need for the “and”, it’s just Trump’s goons.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Not alot of money as only 20 american soldiers where killed in all of 2019 there and i doubt any of those involved bounties. Should counter offer on some russians though fair is fair.

Talibans mostly stick to killing their own people.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-06-27 at 02:58 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I have not claimed it is "new"

It is your desire to magic in a canyon between Russia and GRU i question
    How would you react to "CIA paid some islamists to kill Russians in Syria" vs "America paid Al'Quaeda to kill Russians in Syria"?

I'm fairly certain most people will see a difference (between "people paid to stir shit are stirring shit" vs "countries at each other throats"), but maybe it's just me.

In March trump was briefed that Russians were paying Afghans to murder US troops. He also fired the DNI and gutted the national counterterrorism center in March. Oh, and for the first time since 2006, the DNI threat report was kept from the public & congress. In March.
    https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...132981248?s=19

A traitor to our country.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How would you react to "CIA paid some islamists to kill Russians in Syria" vs "America paid Al'Quaeda to kill Russians in Syria"?

I'm fairly certain most people will see a difference (between "people paid to stir shit are stirring shit" vs "countries at each other throats"), but maybe it's just me.
    Same deal

Countries do not get a pass if they let their intelligence agencies run wild, it is still the countrys actions.

The US do not get a pass for the CIA's actions just because they do not try to prevent the bad shady shit, not trying to prevent it is exactly the same as allowing it

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So what excuses do you think Republicans will make to avoid condemning Trump for this? Safest bet is the old "I haven't seen enough to comment" crap while rushing past reporters so that they can ignore reporters trying to inform them of what Trump did.

You would think something like this would be too far for even Republicans to defend, though, if Trump has been sitting on this for months.
    I don't know, and I agree - not sure how the entire Federal Government isn't getting ready to demand Trump's resignation. My wife couldn't sleep last night because of this issue (and yesterday was a literal bonanza of news - SCOTUS/Wall, Bounties on US soldiers, COVID-19 cases-per-day, etc) and she usually doesn't pay attention to military stuff (she is HEAVILY involved in social causes - to an extend that continues to blow my mind).

Any other situation and Trump would have been impeached already. Done deal, both sides unanimous. His actions are that of a war criminal at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Sadly I don't think it matters. I don't know where the line is for this man. Or if there even is one.
    I think we've established that HE doesn't have a line. What I'm continually surprised at now is how far the GOP will let him go.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay? Have you not been paying attention? They've been calling Mueller a RINO and democrat rat / Hillary supporter for the past few years now...
    I can't imagine why the Trumphidahs would do that?

If our better angels win out in November, and if Warren takes SecTreas, Mueller is a perfect candidate to head the Truth and Reconciliation Committee. Fuck a bunch of highly-compromised GOP. They surrendered any say in the matter when they refused to stand up to Trump and his Crime Syndicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...132981248?s=19
    In March trump was briefed that Russians were paying Afghans to murder US troops. He also fired the DNI and gutted the national counterterrorism center in March. Oh, and for the first time since 2006, the DNI threat report was kept from the public & congress. In March.
    A traitor to our country.
    Indeed - the very definition.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-06-27 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, its not as if Trump is doing something crazy like disrespecting the flag by kneeling during the Anthem. He's just buddies with people putting bounties on the heads of our soldiers. All good.

Edit:
    Really, Trump has an easy out. One he has used many times: Both sides do it.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Hey, its not as if Trump is doing something crazy like disrespecting the flag by kneeling during the Anthem. He's just buddies with people putting bounties on the heads of our soldiers. All good.

Edit:
    Really, Trump has an easy out. One he has used many times: Both sides do it.
    Not really. The part people are angry about (or should be angry about) is trump's response, not that russia did it. Trump's response was to attempt to get russia back in G-7 and hide the bounty program from congress and the public. Two acts that are taken to directly benefit an enemy nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Not really. The part people are angry about (or should be angry about) is trump's response, not that russia did it. Trump's response was to attempt to get russia back in G-7 and hide the bounty program from congress and the public. Two acts that are taken to directly benefit an enemy nation.
    Yeah, that was sarcasm.

The pertinent point, that you are getting at, was when I said:
    He's just buddies with people putting bounties on the heads of our soldiers. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They should start by firing their incompetent president who gets walked over by smarter and more devious minds. A new competent leader would be in a better position to explore the options.
    Maybe that will happen in 2020. And probably should. But when the only other choice is more of the same. We're kinda screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Offer higher bounties for Russian personnel. This is not rocket surgery.
    Aye so more proxy war bullshit that was prevalent in the cold war and gave the US multiple black eyes on the world stage should just be continued?

Maybe that will happen in 2020. And probably should. But when the only other choice is more of the same. We're kinda screwed.
    Biden may not be the best candidate ever, far from it. But to say he's as bad as tRump is monumentally misinformed (and that's putting it kindly).

7+ Year Old Account
    Propagandists love the "both sides" bullshit hence the sarcasm I included earlier:
    Both sides do it.
    I'll take a any president that is going to be more for the US than the self serving anti-American president we currently have.

--

Aye so more proxy war bullshit that was prevalent in the cold war and gave the US multiple black eyes on the world stage should just be continued?
    If it cuts down on the number of dead US soldiers? Yeah, lets take a couple more black eyes. After all, even with the black eyes, the US did win the cold war.

After all, even with the black eyes, the US did win the cold war.
    It's a dumb argument. I don't know anyone who expects a conflict with 0 losses. The US' two chief rivals are autocracies. Both are grossly corrupt criminal organizations, one of which runs concentration camps. I don't know why submission is even on the menu, as I can't believe that person wants the only other alternative: world wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

inb4 Trump immediately says something to contradict this, because he can't stand people thinking that he might not know everything that's going on in his regime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    inb4 Trump immediately says something to contradict this, because he can't stand the idea that he might not know everything that's going on in his regime.
    Yeah, I have no idea why McNinny took the job given Trumps reputation for making life impossible for his communications team given he constantly contradicts them.

That she is so blatantly lying to us speaks volumes of the contempt that both she and the Trump criminal administration view the public with.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

riiiiiiight... The Commander in Chief wasn't briefed on a matter like this. These are the worst liars in history... what does it say about their base that they're primarily feeding this BS to?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2020-06-28 at 12:51 AM.