Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

I don't know why but as time goes on I feel less interested in this game. Maybe that's a good thing, not maintaining hype levels. I think it's going to be visually impressive but the gameplay footage isn't making me really excited to play it. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm actually controlling a character in the game world.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Seems like FPS games have an inherent melee combat issue.
    Likewise most RPGs have shitty combat, almost all Bioware games have ok at best combat but it was rarely mentioned for some reason.

It's also hilarious people claiming it's more immersive in 3rd person, when just like in DayZ the thing it actually lets you do is corner peek. Having camera issues in a game also immediately screams at me "YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME THIS IS ALL FAKE" it's the most immersion breaking thing I've seen in a game outside of invisible barriers.

I get people like 3rd person that's fine, but the only way it is more immersive is if the game concept is you are the camera of a drone following a character you control remotely. If there is a drone surely it should make you more prone to getting spotted?

"NPCs can pee (realistically)" sounds like a feature CIG would spend 2 years and 50M$ on.

7+ Year Old Account
    2 dick types,

Disappointing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Brostin View Post
    Likewise most RPGs have shitty combat, almost all Bioware games have ok at best combat but it was rarely mentioned for some reason.

It's also hilarious people claiming it's more immersive in 3rd person, when just like in DayZ the thing it actually lets you do is corner peek. Having camera issues in a game also immediately screams at me "YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME THIS IS ALL FAKE" it's the most immersion breaking thing I've seen in a game outside of invisible barriers.

I get people like 3rd person that's fine, but the only way it is more immersive is if the game concept is you are the camera of a drone following a character you control remotely. If there is a drone surely it should make you more prone to getting spotted?
    the inherent problem with first person in video games is that it completely eliminates peripheral vision. its like if in real life I wore.. one of those Handmaid's tale bonnets so that my field of vision is limited to what I have in front of me and nothing else. it also doesn't allow me to see the body of my own character, so it feels like rather then looking through my eyes, i'm looking through the gopro or similar camera mounted to my forehead so that its just ahead of me.

in third person, I have peripheral vision and despite seeing back of my character heads - peripheral vision and that I actualy do see their body - makes it far more immersive for me, because that is what i have in real life. ability to see out of the corner of my eye and being able to see my own body from chest down rather then just my hands and maybe forearms of first person video game view.

so no, its not more immersive only if there is a drone. its more immersive because it doesn't feel like wearing gigantic blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the inherent problem with first person in video games is that it completely eliminates peripheral vision. its like if in real life I wore.. one of those Handmaid's tale bonnets so that my field of vision is limited to what I have in front of me and nothing else. it also doesn't allow me to see the body of my own character, so it feels like rather then looking through my eyes, i'm looking through the gopro or similar camera mounted to my forehead so that its just ahead of me.

in third person, I have peripheral vision and despite seeing back of my character heads - peripheral vision and that I actualy do see their body - makes it far more immersive for me, because that is what i have in real life. ability to see out of the corner of my eye and being able to see my own body from chest down rather then just my hands and maybe forearms of first person video game view.

so no, its not more immersive only if there is a drone. its more immersive because it doesn't feel like wearing gigantic blinders.
    Not to mention when in first person an enemy that is behide you or more than 10 degrees to your side is completely invisible and it doesn't matter if they are 50 meters away or within spitting distance. Where as in real life you can sense someones proximity standing behind you and you can hear thier breathing. Video game audio is not that impressive despite what certain head phone companies might claim

This 1st vs 3rd person discussion is pointless, just saying.

Generally speaking, in 3rd person games, you play a character most of the time and roleplay as him, in first person games, you "are" that character.
    You can argue for either version of the game, none of them are better/worse or more or less immersive as that thing is completely subjective.

Not to mention when in first person an enemy that is behide you or more than 10 degrees to your side is completely invisible and it doesn't matter if they are 50 meters away or within spitting distance. Where as in real life you can sense someones proximity standing behind you and you can hear thier breathing. Video game audio is not that impressive despite what certain head phone companies might claim
    I can only imagine how funny it would be to watch you playing FPS. Like... being suprised that an enemy is around the corner because you forget that they exist when you currently can't see him or something.
    And ... have you never played any games (in RL) that require you to shoot stuff? Arrow tag, Paint Ball, Laser Tag etc. etc.?
    I wish I could peak over a hill with my "camera" behind my back. But I'm sure you can 'sense' 3 guns pointing and won't have to do that. Silly.
    I guess people asking "Where are they!?" all the time during those games just can't use the force correctly.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-06-27 at 09:08 PM.

I'm a huge witcher fan, a huge fan of the first 2 fallouts. I really loved the last deus ex but for some reason, i do not feel the hype for cyberpunk ... It's hard to explain why i think it might have to do because they chose to do it over continuing witcher games..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I'm a huge witcher fan, a huge fan of the first 2 fallouts. I really loved the last deus ex but for some reason, i do not feel the hype for cyberpunk ... It's hard to explain why i think it might have to do because they chose to do it over continuing witcher games..
    They are continuing the Witcher series after cyberpunk tho.
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71187...rms/index.html
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-witcher-4-release-date/

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Not to people who hate first person.

And they have time to develop multiple penis's but we cant get third person in a game where it seems like 30% of the development has gone into customizable cosmetics.

Gonna look cool in front of mirrors and in cut scenes I guess?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Not to people who hate first person.

And they have time to develop multiple penis's but we cant get third person in a game where it seems like 30% of the development has gone into customizable cosmetics.

Gonna look cool in front of mirrors and in cut scenes I guess?
    What's your point.
    There are RPGs in first person and there are RPGs in third person.
    "I can't have my Witcher FPS"

Guess why? Because it's made with 3rd person in mind.
    And you think you can have the same game with a mere switch of a button or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    I think at least a part of it (to me at least) is the sheer hype surrounding this. TW3 had hype, for sure, but this kicks it into overdrive, people already calling it a masterpiece when we've seen a couple trailers and two gameplay presentations and all that. Does it look like a good game? Sure, no doubt about it, and I trust CDPR to do their best, which sets a high bar. But holy hell, let's not call it God's very own gift to gaming before we can even play the damn thing. Ambition doesn't always equal results.

What's your point.
    There are RPGs in first person and there are RPGs in third person.
    "I can't have my Witcher FPS"

Guess why? Because it's made with 3rd person in mind.
    And you think you can have the same game with a mere switch of a button or something?
    Red dead redemption 2 managed it just fine.

But I guess expecting options from a massively hyped developer is silly?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Video game audio is not that impressive despite what certain head phone companies might claim
    In my experience that is entirely false in the current generation of videogames completely irrespective of the headphones you use.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's like complaining that CP has no horses or magic. Just check any gameplay, FPP is integral for whole experience in this game. It's not GTA 2077.

RDR2 and GTAV manage to do just this.

I'm fine with their vision for the game being strictly first person, but lets not make excuses like you can't have both options when many games do including ones with insane production values like RDR2 and GTAV which are similar in scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Red dead redemption 2 managed it just fine.

But I guess expecting options from a massively hyped developer is silly?
    RDR2 and GTAV manage to do just this.

I'm fine with their vision for the game being strictly first person, but lets not make excuses like you can't have both options when many games do including ones with insane production values like RDR2 and GTAV which are similar in scope.
    I do indeed think it's silly to expect this feature in every game you see (just because it's AAA), expecting it to work just as well, especially if you have hardly any idea about how the game will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, it's like complaining that CP has no horses or magic. Just check any gameplay, FPP is integral for whole experience in this game. It's not GTA 2077.
    I don't see anything going on gameplay wise that couldn't be done in both perspectives. I'm not sure why people try to downplay others for wanting options. I haven't seen anyone say they're mad first person is an option, instead they're disappointed it's the only option when many games now offer you the choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    You'd kinda expect after all these years of waiting, that people would finally accept that cyberpunk is a first person game and just move on.

Formerly known as Arafal

I do indeed think it's silly to expect this feature in every game you see (just because it's AAA), expecting it to work just as well, especially if you have hardly any idea about how the game will play out.
    That's a crazy goal post shift from claiming it isn't possible lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You'd kinda expect after all these years of waiting, that people would finally just accept that cyberpunk is a first person game and just move on.
    It's only been 1.5 years since the first actual gameplay was shown to the public. People haven't known it was first person for "years" and it's fine for people to expect choices when CDPR is claiming Rockstar as inspiration and creating a game on the same scope and Rockstar does indeed allow you to switch between first and third person with the touch of a button.