Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have any Republicans denounced Trump yet or are they all still hiding from the press as they desperately try to throw together talking points to defend Trumps behavior?

Because I haven't see even tepid comments from them like 'If true, this is deeply disturbing'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

So this is one of those things that Republicans who aren't so far up Trump's ass they see out his mouth will actually care about.

Tell your relatives who aren't too far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So this is one of those things that Republicans who aren't so far up Trump's ass they see out his mouth will actually care about.
    All three of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Tell your relatives who aren't too far gone.
    Every Republican senator and Congressman whose Twitter feeds I bothered checking are dead silent about this, so odds are they are in a hidden bunker somewhere trying to figure out how to denounce this without pissing off Trump in the process.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Every Republican senator and Congressman whose Twitter feeds I bothered checking are dead silent about this, so odds are they are in a hidden bunker somewhere trying to figure out how to denounce this without pissing off Trump in the process.
    You're far too optimistic. Have you learned nothing in the past years? They will just deny it. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    They're going with the denial option. Not really believable, but just enough gloss for droolers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're far too optimistic. Have you learned nothing in the past years? They will just deny it. Mark my words.
    Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, back in the 80's Russia were raging about the USA giving money/weapons to the Taliban (then mujahedeen) to kill the occupying Russian (then Soviet) military. But now it seems Vlad thinks it's a great idea, I'm genuinely interested to see how he tries to spin this lol. Maybe the bounties were offered by unaffiliated Russian citizens on holiday xD

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The funny thing is, back in the 80's Russia were raging about the USA giving money/weapons to the Taliban (then mujahedeen) to kill the occupying Russian (then Soviet) military. But now it seems Vlad thinks it's a great idea, I'm genuinely interested to see how he tries to spin this lol. Maybe the bounties were offered by unaffiliated Russian citizens on holiday xD
    One of the few (the only one I can think of) Tom Hanks movies I did not like. The whole time I was watching it I was just thinking about how awful it all turned out.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    One of the few (the only one I can think of) Tom Hanks movies I did not like. The whole time I was watching it I was just thinking about how awful it all turned out.
    Which film was that? I don't think I've seen it. It at least turned out well in Rambo III and James Bond: The living daylights (the latter of which even has the hero teaming up with a Bin Laden parody to take down the rooskies ).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know you mean well, but just a nit-picky thing, we need to use the correct terms here. They weren't Russia back then, they were the Soviet Union. And the United States was at war with them, albeit a cold one. Of course we helped the Mujahedeen - it was in our interests to see the USSR not get Afghanistan. Whoops on our part overall, of course, but se la vie.

The fact that Trump knew about it and then invited Putin/Russia (and I list it that way purposefully) to the G7 is TRE45ON.

The Lincoln Project has already weighed in:

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed the movie (Charlie Wilson's War, for those wondering) but yeah, it was awful how it ended. And the movie portrayed that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Which film was that? I don't think I've seen it. It at least turned out well in Rambo III and James Bond: The living daylights (the latter of which even has the hero teaming up with a Bin Laden parody to take down the rooskies ).
    See above - I linked it.

Charlie Wilson's War. It's not a bad film as far as FILMs go, but it came out in 2007, so it's a bit hard to forget that it led to 9/11 and the subsequent war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I enjoyed the movie (Charlie Wilson's War, for those wondering) but yeah, it was awful how it ended. And the movie portrayed that as well.
    I don't remember them getting to that til the end, and the whole movie just did not sit well with me.

P.S. C'est la vie.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know you mean well, but just a nit-picky thing, we need to use the correct terms here. They weren't Russia back then, they were the Soviet Union.
    That is literally what I said in the post you quoted

Charlie Wilson's War. It's not a bad film as far as FILMs go, but it came out in 2007, so it's a bit hard to forget that it led to 9/11 and the subsequent war.
    Ahh cool, I like Tom Hanks, I'll check it out now

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember them getting to that til the end, and the whole movie just did not sit well with me.

P.S. C'est la vie.
    They didn't get there till the end, but they also made the message clear. Doesn't change your point though, it was still unsettling.

P.S. lol, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

That is literally what I said in the post you quoted
    Again, not a big deal - I am absolutely being nit-picky, but you didn't, literally. You started out with "Russia" and the added Soviet Union the second time you referenced Russia. The USSR was never called Russia by the United States, while it was the USSR - and only after their break up did we resort, begrudgingly, to Russia. Here:
    Again, totally me being anal here, but the distinction must be solidly clear, otherwise the spin will go insane. We never backed forces against Russia, we backed forces against the USSR - two entirely different nations (lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh cool, I like Tom Hanks, I'll check it out now
    Not disrespecting @Ripster42's opinion, but the movie is quite good. It also stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, and Julia Roberts. To top it off, Aaron Sorkin penned it from the book. All in all a very good movie.

I'm talking about Obama -> Trump voters... anyone who has been a long term Republican and isn't a never Trumper is too far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's funny, because it's not the least bit surprising. Sure, it shows Trump doesn't give a shit about American troops... but we already knew that.
    *sigh* even with everything that's happened since he was elected, and everything that was done to lead to that election... one thing I just can't get over still...

Is that a candidate for President that malingered to dodge military service insulted POWs and casualties of war as "bad soldiers." and he wasn't openly condemned by his own party, and people still voted for him.

I am a veteran. When soldiers are injured, captured, or die it is *NOT* because they are bad. Its not even because they have bad orders or leadership, although sometimes that is the case. Its because that is what the job calls for.

When I was in France, I visited the grave of my great-uncle who died in WW2. The graves were endless. Filled with what the President would call "bad soldiers."

I see politicians say "Support our troops", or people thank me for my service.

Occasionally I have had the chance to ask someone "How am I supposed to feel ?" when its so readily apparent that those words are so empty. That noone's willing to stand up for the dead unless its politically advantageous for them.

In their heart of hearts, I doubt anyone honestly believes Trump cares about the lives of anyone besides himself. What's so hard for me to accept is that the GOP and voters just silently witnesses this.

Human decency shouldn't be a matter of politics.

I wish I could have been more on topic, but I just hate the callous indifference of people sometimes. That they can have someone die protecting them, and then say nothing in their defense while someone pisses on the grave.

Not disrespecting @Ripster42's opinion, but the movie is quite good. It also stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, and Julia Roberts. To top it off, Aaron Sorkin penned it from the book. All in all a very good movie.
    Yeah, like I said, it's a good movie as far as films go. If you can divorce yourself from the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real important reminder.

The webistes like the Intercept and posters here that push Russia Hoax or new McCarthyism threads.

Are the same people that pushed Biden sexual harassment story.

These people want to undermine the US at all costs.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I just want to state that I scanned every post up to this point and

1. not one person mentioned that we should find a way to remove Russia from the UN security council.
    2. not one person had a solution that doesn't lead to nuclear war between the US and Russia.

There is really nothing you can do. You can't sanction Russia, they are fine without us. You can't go to war without killing billions in a nuclear holocaust. How does changing the president stop Russia from doing something like this? It doesn't.

If no-one has even complained that Russia is on the UN security council by page 4, then this is a joke thread.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If no-one has even complained that Russia is on the UN security council by page 4, then this is a joke thread.
    lol

I suppose the guy who starts all the civil war threads would know about joke threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    How does changing the president stop Russia from doing something like this? It doesn't.
    That's the worst defense for tRump I have seen in a while. Come up with better material next time.