Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mission Hill. My all time favorite cartoon from Adult Swim.

My underrated series would be Surface but it was cancelled after one season.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_(TV_series)

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fugget About It...i wish there were more eps lol.

Jericho.

Greatest tv show that nobody watched. At least the small season 2 the fans campaigned to get, concluded the story, even if abruptly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was sadly too expensive to make back then. But every last actor in that show was performing like their life depended on it. The direction was just amazing.
    Yeah, the cast was excellent and the writing was greaet. I just thought the setting and story was very compelling and I'm sad that so few watched it that it ended after only two seasons. I wouldn't have minded if it had been short lived or underappreciated if they had at least gotten time to wrap things up. It was really unfortunate that it ended as unresolved as it did.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's true Iron Fist's first season wasn't very good, but I feel people ripped on about the main character and the actor too much. The second season stands as my third favourite season of all the Netflix Marvel shows, bested only by Jessica Jones S1 and Daredevil S3.

Don't know if White Collar and Lucifer are actually underrated, but they're certainly lower tier quality. I love them regardless.

Maybe Doom Patrol passes as well, Titans certainly seems more talked about in spite of being far inferior.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2020-06-25 at 08:40 AM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It's true Iron Fist's first season wasn't very good, but I feel people ripped on about the main character and the actor too much. The second season stands as my third favourite season of all the Netflix Marvel shows, bested only by Jessica Jones S1 and Daredevil S3.

Don't know if White Collar and Lucifer are actually underrated, but they're certainly lower tier quality. I love them regardless.

Maybe Doom Patrol passes as well, Titans certainly seems more talked about in spite of being far inferior.
    I actually liked season 1 of Iron Fist. Season 2 started out so cringey I only made it like 2 episodes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Earth 2, anyone else? I remember watching that show when I was like 10, and being disappointed when it got canceled.

Also I just looked up the Wikipedia article for the show. I'd forgotten that Clancy Brown was in it. And the actress who played his daughter in the show died at age 21, a couple of weeks after her wedding. That sucks. :|
    Earth 2 was pretty good. I always wished it had gotten more seasons as well, because it had interesting mysteries. Also had Tim Curry in it, and you can't go wrong with Tim Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Mission Hill. My all time favorite cartoon from Adult Swim.
    Can we stick Clone High next to it for a glorious 1,2 punch?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    To add to this: I think The Leftovers was criminally underrated. For the last 3 seasons of Game of Thrones, I thought The Leftovers was the best HBO show on Sunday nights.

But it seemed like no one watched it.

It was fucking beautiful. A true artistic vision.
    I watched it, and its the first thing that came to mind after I saw the Perfect Strangers post. I wasn't sure about the show after the first season, but taken in its entirety.... just wow. I'm not sure what's my favorite scene... the wutang trampoline scene or the homeward bound karaoke. And I'm sure I missed plenty.

My nomination for this thread would be Rectify (although Halt & Catch Fire comes to mind soon after). I feel like noone has ever heard of Rectify and its such an amazing depiction of humanity and how a false conviction can just destroy a family. As with Halt & Catch Fire, its very "real" and generally doesn't exaggerate things for dramatic effect, so every family event or conflict becomes much more weighty. Both series ended "well" without !@#$ing everything up either.

Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Such a diamond in the rough. Shame it only got one season due to McGavin disliking the monster-of-the-week formula. Still though, a classic.

My pick is Dark Place because Matt Berry is awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    The show Leverage, about conmen doing good things mostly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(TV_series)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    My pick is Dark Place because Matt Berry is awesome.
    With Berry becoming more well known in the US thanks to What We Do In The Shadows and Toast of London it doesn't surprise me Dark Place is starting to get more fans. When I first stumbled upon it a few years ago because I was a fan of The IT Crowd and wanted to see what else some of the people worked on, it seems like no one was talking about it at all. I am glad more and more people are discovering it. It is a fantastic show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    The show Leverage, about conmen doing good things mostly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverage_(TV_series)
    You should check out the UK series, Hustle. Also about a group of conmen although while the do mostly target greedy rich people, it isn't so much about doing good or anything. Still, the cast is great and the cons are a ton of fun to watch.

Favourite underrated TV show is probably Magic City.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nbc' hannibal series.

Proved that quality means nothing to a shows success when this masterpiece was cancelled and masterchef gets its 50th season renewal
    I don't know what it is about this series, but... I kind of get why it's slow to be picked up between seasons. The overall writing is good and the acting is absolutely fantastic, but the episode to episode writing is bad, and plot points get picked up and dropped at a too convenient rate.

On topic:
    Dinosaurs: What a show... and that ending I wouldn't give up to have the show back, but I feel it's lost on a lot of people and only people in the 30s range have seen it.
    Jericho: Was pretty good until they compressed what seemed like 4 seasons of plans into a half season because they knew they were getting canceled. It was a well written end of the world drama that knew it's scope and didn't get bogged down like TWD has or many other shows in the same vein.
    Black Sails: I'd like to get another show similar, maybe even a rewrite of this one, that isn't so slow and painful at points.

Fringe

As someone who loved the X-Files growing up, Fringe just did so much stuff downright better. It was truly a marvelous show that didn't get the recognition it deserved as a classic.

It seemed like this show never quite took off. I thought it was pretty good but third season of it was not too great.

Wow, Millenium! None of my friends watched it.