Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many trees will we have to burn down before these elves get the picture? STOP LIVING IN TREES.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    How many trees will we have to burn down before these elves get the picture? STOP LIVING IN TREES.
    Alternately, crazy thought here, but stay with me... THE HORDE COULD STOP MASS MURDERING EVERYTHING WHEN THEY GET BORED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No one really did back then because before them Allied Races was not a thing.

Also I'm pretty sure that if night elfs get something, the forsaken will get something nice for their new light queen as well.
    they getting a new light queen is like literally the opposite of getting something nice, is they getting more shit

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Eh, you missed me then. I said from the very beginning that they should go Horde, and was arguing in all the threads about them that those arguing for them to go Alliance were being ridiculous. It was pretty clear to me that they were echoing the Blood Elf story, and everything about them was incompatible with the Night Elves.
    elf players want more elves isn't something new, but at the legion time, no one was demanding then to go horde since there was no allied race thing, only when they said they would go horde people start complaining so they could go neutral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Alternately, crazy thought here, but stay with me... THE HORDE COULD STOP MASS MURDERING EVERYTHING WHEN THEY GET BORED.
    They are just sitting in the woods doing nothing. The night elves have had 10,000 years to grow and build a society but they run around naked in the woods. Meanwhile the Horde has turned barren desert into a thriving city, even the nomadic Tauren built the wonder of engineering that is Thunder Bluff. The elves may want to waste the precious land and resources of Kalimdor, but the Horde will not. If the Elves will not use the land, the Horde will take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They are just sitting in the woods doing nothing. The night elves have had 10,000 years to grow and build a society but they run around naked in the woods. Meanwhile the Horde has turned barren desert into a thriving city, even the nomadic Tauren built the wonder of engineering that is Thunder Bluff. The elves may want to waste the precious land and resources of Kalimdor, but the Horde will not. If the Elves will not use the land, the Horde will take it!
    Nice RP, let me try!

Unfortunately for you, the Horde's Ministry of Propaganda takes exception to your contradiction of the official stance that the Horde was justified in starting military activities on the basis of no resources in Durotar. Your reeducation will take place as soon as Inquisitor Belmont can free time on his busy schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Alright, this has the wheels in my head spinning...

Wasn't the original premise behind Teldrassil, heading into Vanilla WoW, that after sacrificing Nordrassil to kill Archimonde in Warcraft III - The Night Elves uprooted themselves (forgive the gag, lol) - left most of their original homelands in Northern Kalimdor/Hyjal, and essentially used druid magic to create Teldressil from scratch as a new home for themselves?

The whole lore premise behind Teldrassil was that it didn't even EXIST until after the 3rd War? The night elves used magic to CREATE it as a new home for themselves. It's ACTUAL LORE that this place is less than 20 years old.

Now I bring that up to make a couple points...

I don't blame the Night Elves at all for being angry about it burning, regardless of its age, it was still their home and many lives were lost... BUT... we're talking about a society that's been around for THOUSANDS of years, and they lived on that island for roughly FIFTEEN of them... it's NOT like they lost their ancestral homeland here or a location that had deep roots (sorry) in their history. That was closer to what happened in Warcraft III, and now they're moving BACK TO their ancient lands. You'd think that would be a STEP UP for most of them who had lived in Hyjal for centuries before leaving the first time. They're finally going BACK TO their ACTUAL home...

Furthermore... if they had the power to create Teldrassil in the interim between Warcraft III and WoW (less than 4 years) ... what the hell is stopping them from just doing it again?? If they need a home, why can't they pull another Deus Ex Machina tree out of their butts?

And finally... all the questions of home and hearth aside... why the hell is their language called Darnassian? Darnassus has only existed for about 15 years - And they've been speaking their language for centuries. That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they getting a new light queen is like literally the opposite of getting something nice, is they getting more shit

elf players want more elves isn't something new, but at the legion time, no one was demanding then to go horde since there was no allied race thing, only when they said they would go horde people start complaining so they could go neutral
    82.3% of undead players like big titty undead chicks. I think they'll be ok with lightforged once they realize they can make their chars into their own waifus.

Not a fan of Nordrassil/Hyjal being the new home of the Night Elves, never struck me as a settlement kind of place. My preference would have been for Moonglade, considering it's got more of a city vibe, was uninvolved in the war, and could use a visual fidelity update much more than Hyjal does. A neutral zone for Druids is kind of redundant considering the Dreamgrove exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    82.3% of undead players like big titty undead chicks. I think they'll be ok with lightforged once they realize they can make their chars into their own waifus.
    apparently they like edgy goth types, not Calia

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    He did even worst then that. He asked NElfs to send their troops to Silithus allowing Sylvana to attack Darkshore/Teldrassil. It seems that was a planned divertion manouver of Sylvanna to split NElf forces.
    And then when the horde attacks Darkshore Anduin refuses to sent help. It is fault that NElfs lost their lands (which are of extreme importance for the Alliance).

Blizzard writting really starts to suck.
    Anduin did send help he had stormwind mages holding portals open 24/7 while the horde were in dark shore to get as many night elfs out as they could but they say that you cant move an army that way so theyd have to ship over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Can we bring back Ragnaros so he can torch Hyjal with the remaining night elves there? Inlcuding Malfurion and Tyrande.
    Nah...I think we should get Jaina to finally nuke Orgrimmar, eliminate a ever returning evil from the lands of Azeroth

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Even then, it shouldn't burn that easily ((as we've seen since BFA, where Azerite has become very much watered down and not that damaging after all)), so I guess the devs just thought 'haha tree = fire'.

Surrounded by sea and Druids who can manipulate wind, Teldrassil shouldn't have fallen that easily or combusted that easily, but I guess they needed it to burn for plot.

Here's to hoping Nordrassil gets +fire resistance blessing!
    as far as the tree burning the reasons they give is that they used arcane fire that even burned ontop of water and the druids would likely be part of the force sent to the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    apparently they like edgy goth types, not Calia
    She's Horde now. Just give it an expansion of two before she goes goth and goes to war with the Alliance. They even gave her a Nathanos so the undead players would have to pine after her like Sylvanas knowing she would always love someone else.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-06-28 at 03:39 AM.

They could move into Goldshire! They'd get a lot of tax revenue!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Can we bring back Ragnaros so he can torch Hyjal with the remaining night elves there? Inlcuding Malfurion and Tyrande.
    lol ragnaros is a pussy, just get a few horde catapults and that place will be lit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    lol ragnaros is a pussy, just get a few horde catapults and that place will be lit!
    Well, it'd still be cooler with Ragnaros doing it! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I won't hold my breath but it would be really cool to see a phased Hyjal that's fixed and no longer burning. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see a city because that would take YEARS to build... unless maybe that's the time shit people think Ion was suggesting? I don't know. RP servers are gonna be hella pissed if suddenly their characters age 20+ years coming out of the expansion.
    I don't think you need 20+ years to build a city in Warcraft. Night elves can regrow trees instantly. Goblins have the town-in-a-box technology, allowing them to build instantly, blood elves also rebuild Silvermoon in extremely short time, using magic. There is also always possibility of time skip, so building brand new city is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting up your remaining peoples around a magical font of water/god-blood sounds like a really good idea.

Brilliant, in fact. Can't think of a possible bad situation to arise from this.

Nothing bad involving this kind of lake and civilization has happened before.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Setting up your remaining peoples around a magical font of water/god-blood sounds like a really good idea.

The well is contained by the Tree about it.

Sure all of this does not mean that they setup their main hub around Nordrassil in the future but with the current info it seems the most likely place.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Erm, you do realise they've been concentrated around those magical waters for 15,000 years, and it is in fact the most consistent thing about the centre of their race?

Teldrassil and Darnassus was the first time in 15k years they moved away from being mainly around that well.

So we shouldn't presume moving back to Nordrassil after 20 years away as some indication they are going back to abusive reckless use of power as its got nothing to do with how they abused magic under Azshara's reign, presumably they've proved that abuse is well behind them and paid for it with 10,000 years of successful Long Vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    The well is contained by the Tree about it.

Sure all of this does not mean that they setup their main hub around Nordrassil in the future but with the current info it seems the most likely place.
    Is containment an issue? The tree only hides the power signature by regulating ebb and flow... the Well was never a disaster ( it made them and used to create a wonder civilization (pre-sundering) as well as the power to boost nature's healing and growth ( Long Vigil)), what was disastrous was the Legion. It's not the power that was bad but abuse of if and those who would seek it for abuse.

You can use power well without abusing in if you've got the heart for it, discipline etc, presumably that's one of the benefits of having religion and philosophies like balance and harmony... they keep you humble, disciplined and accountable.

I think I understand now. If the Highborne and night elves are ever to succeed using the Well and the arcane without spiralling out of control like last time, they needed a strong priesthood and druidic order values in their society instilling discipline, balance, accountability, humility..

@Mace , is this what you were trying to say in the other thread?That they have the things in place now to go much further in all aspects of the arcane, nature and Elune in a united nation than they would in the segregated clumps they lived in the previous era??
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-06-28 at 12:22 PM.