Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Did they remove the blind option from the dressing room? I can't acces it anymore.
    It's tied to the new scar options apparently. Cool in concept, but I feel it's unnecessary limiting, especially when these new customization are meant to feel less limited. So it's kinda confusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's tied to the new scar options apparently. Cool in concept, but I feel it's unnecessary limiting, especially when these new customization are meant to feel less limited. So it's kinda confusing to me.
    Well that's just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Well that's just lame.
    Yeah, like I said, it's cool in concept, you know? That if you have a scar over your right eye, you can choose to have that eye blind.

But in the context of Shadowlands where the point is to add new options, limiting you unnecessarily feels kind of weird.

Plus even with the scars, you can't pick the both sides blind option anymore. Hope they just bring all options independently back next build, but don't remove the scars. Would be sad if they got rid of those.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really a Highborne connoisseur and I admit to that. I like my NE savage and all that.

But

This looks pretty Highborny from my limited point of view.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really a Highborne connoisseur and I admit to that. I like my NE savage and all
    I am curious to why that is, and if you are opposed to highborne type night elves or any other arcane types like Moonguard?

As a person who quite likes the arcane lore of the night elves, including the Highborne, and the whole pre-sundering side, I have to admit that if I were to choose between the two, I’d pick the wilder, foresty side of the night elves.

However what attracts me most to them, or rather what I like most about them is that they have both. They feel bigger, they have a lot going for them - like that I can believe they are the original elf race and once dominated the planet. They have a complexity and diversification that justifies their lore.

The truth is I’ve actually come to like everything about their lore and their race, and I am suspecting now that I am as much motivated by wanting them not to lose any aspect as I am wanting them to gain or exhibit more fully in game that fuller/whole presentation.

I really liked how they came across a bit more aggressive and wilder than your regular elf in WC3, and was shocked to find out they had such a highly civilised gentile past -but I like how the Nightborne were presented in that bare chested, almost tribal way in contrast to how civilised their city and society looked – and I thought it captured the duality of the night elves perfectly in an urban setting.

To be honest, I want the Highborne and civilization side to be there, and shine brightly as the pre-sundering one is said to have shone (both in looks and everything) , only for the druidic side to be shown with its simplicity, and seemingly humble ddemanour as the the real treasure of the night elves, and the ones all the high society types look to. Eventually the ones who actually get the jobs done, take the most risks, but also have the wisdom and balance that surpasses the highly intelligent intellectual types

To show their way is better. I’d love it – you visit the night elves, and you see the incredibly beautiful buildings and the world renowned highborne mages with their ancient wonder and tradition, and you think, these are the ones, the most venerated and respected of the race, you’d be wrong. That goes to the humble looking fellows that seem so simple (almost like the Jedi), the ones whom power and wealth hold no power over, who see beyond the former things and understand the delicate balance of all things. Wise beyond measure, fierce and capable in battle, serene and gentle, compassionate otherwise. A total enigma..

For all their wonder, mastery and power, these Highborne arcane types, defer to these humble types – and it staggers belief, Highborne amongst mage circles in places like the Kirin’tor hold the sort of respect and reverence dragons are afforded, you would assume they led the night elves – you’d be wrong.

For tall the races arcane love and mastery, their heart truly lies with the forest, protecting it.. with all the wonder their city shows, and their fabled mastery, such is secondary to them a tool to be used to protect life, enhance it , make it better for all, elf and corest creature alike.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the near wood brown, looks awesome for druids event hough I'm a fan of the purples and darker ones.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-06-26 at 01:37 AM.

Curious, seeing the lack of Highborne customisation options, how would you guys feel if Nightborne became accessible to the alliance? And you could even change their model ear shapes from the nightborne kind to the night elf shape - would you be satisfied with the Nightborne being the Highborne option?

And if blizzard actually opened up Nightborne customisation to have many night elf skin tones and hair colours and changed some Highborne NPCs to use the Nightborne model (with night elf ears ofc) - would this effectively be enough for you?

Here's is what I wrote on the other thread
    I know what will solve this. Blizzard making the damn Nightborne neutral - then the Highborne can all move to Suramar, and they can build pre-sundering Kaldorei stuff together on the Broken isles in Suramar and Azsuna, and Val'sharah and CoEn serve as their druidic/priestly spots.

Although the capital is neutral, allegiance is left up to the Nightborne, some side with the horde b/c of hte blood elves, but most are interested in restoring the broken kaldorei civlization and don't like mixing with non-elven races.

Problem solved - broken isles becomes your Night elf highborne/nightborne civilization zone, accessible by both factions, Kalimdor your foresty/wildy elf types mostly, no need to increase things like highborne activity - that's all shown in the broken isles alongside the Nightborne. Blood elf /nightborne relationship is still shown when we visit blood elves. But when we visit the broken isles, it's more a locals affair continuing the night elf Highborne/Nightborne story - and no one gets left out.
    Highborne activity essentially migrates to the broken isles and is developed alongside and with the Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious, seeing the lack of Highborne customisation options, how would you guys feel if Nightborne became accessible to the alliance? And you could even change their model ear shapes from the nightborne kind to the night elf shape - would you be satisfied with the Nightborne being the Highborne option?

And if blizzard actually opened up Nightborne customisation to have many night elf skin tones and hair colours and changed some Highborne NPCs to use the Nightborne model (with night elf ears ofc) - would this effectively be enough for you?

Highborne activity essentially migrates to the broken isles and is developed alongside and with the Nightborne.
    That's really no different from giving night elves skinny Nightborne models with night elf features (i.e. ear shape, skin tones and hair colours)

Here is how I would proceed. Storywise, I would proceed with Suramar going neutral - b/c they want to restore the fallen kaldorei city, Highborne all go there, islanders make it their capital - links with both alliance night elves (i.e. through Highborne and islanders) and horde blood elves (nightborne).

However on Character creation, Night elves, like worgen, get a second race symbols, and it's Highborne here. click on that and you have essentially Nightborne model with night elf ears and skin colour/hair colour options, having many nightborne and night elf hairstyles. You can switch the body type to bulky which would load the night elf model, and it would have a similar set of customisation options.

On the void elf tab, a similar thing occurs, like worgen and night elf, you will have void elf and high elf racial options in customisation to choose from

3+ Year Old Account

no thanks, nightborne are really pretty ugly and they can't compare to the shen'dralar
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    no thanks, nightborne are really pretty ugly and they can't compare to the shen'dralar
    we need a night elf chad vs nightborn virgin comparison image.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    we need a night elf chad vs nightborn virgin comparison image.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really a Highborne connoisseur and I admit to that. I like my NE savage and all that.

But

This looks pretty Highborny from my limited point of view.
    That look reminds me of Pai mei

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That look reminds me of Pai mei
    Haha, I was kinda going for that, because Highborne stuff kind of makes me think of that aesthetic.

HOWEVER

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make someone who looks very similar to how I imagine Dath'remar Sunstrider probably looked, so I'm assuming you advocates are pretty happy, right?

(I forgot his eyebrows!)
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-06-27 at 10:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool who needs exclusivity right? Lets give every body the same shit!

10+ Year Old Account

Poor Nightborne. Arguably the worst playable elven race in WoW. Looks like they were introduced 10 years ago.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Cool who needs exclusivity right? Lets give every body the same shit!
    What are you talking about in this case?

You can pretty faithfully recreate the Vanilla High Elves with Night Elves if you were so inclined :P

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    You can pretty faithfully recreate the Vanilla High Elves with Night Elves if you were so inclined :P

Oh wow you are right. They really did give Highborne skins and hair too. You can literally make your night elf like that. The eyebrows are a bit too bushy though..but maybe it's because they are healthier and larger?

To be honest I expect Highborne to have more hair on the eyebrows but neater. So its thicker- that's a night elf attribute, but still neat.

I dont think night elves have any neat eyebrow, hair or beard options that could pass for highborne right? Definitely have skin tones, hair colour and eye colour that fit highborme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Poor Nightborne. Arguably the worst playable elven race in WoW. Looks like they were introduced 10 years ago.
    My night elf friend says it's because they dont get enough moonlight or starlight - an essential for night elf skin. Also sunlight, this is why their skin is so off colour compared to before.

Joking aside..can anyone make a list of which skin colours, hair, eyes and beard fit the highborne or could pass for one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Liking the dark colours tbh and the silver eyes on male, and the way you can cut together beards

https://i.imgur.com/znIWexT.png

Very striking.

Tbh, the vines is well overdue, it's really the strongest nature/foresty indicator to date.

Nature/Forest indicators:
    1. Green hair colours
    2. Vines
    3. Golden eyes (but can also be destiny)
    4. Bushy hair and beard styles
    5. Vines

Arcane indicators

1. Silver/blue eyes
    2. Purple skin
    3. Blue/Purple hair colours

Highborne Features

1. very Light skin tones
    2. Black/blonde hair
    3. 1 necklace option
    4. Stylish and neat hairstyle
    5. [presumably shaven is a Highborne preference]

Very thin on the Highborne features atm

Military Features
    1. Higher musculature on body
    2. Bald/Mohawk/full braid/shaven on one side hairstyles
    3. Female neck choke piece
    4. Tattoos and facial markings

My List for Additional options would be:

1. Age toggle
    2. Body Musculature toggle
    3. Highborne slider

Would like some more Highborne options for headdress and necklaces too, - although tbh, I think blizzard should start giving neck pieces graphics in game. And save Character creation ones for specific racial iconography - like the crescent moon on night elves, phoenix on Thalassians etc.
    You listed 5 Highborne indicators, just as much as nature, then proceeded to say thin on the highborne features?

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

But I'm surprised they didn't give Nelf males headdress options, you avatar pic could pass for both Highborne and druidic. What are your thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done.

Can you do one for the void elf and blood elf?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done.

Can you do one for the void elf and blood elf?
    Oh, that wasn't me.

I just googled "nightborne nightelf chad meme" and that was the first thing that popped up.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Here is how I would proceed. Storywise, I would proceed with Suramar going neutral - b/c they want to restore the fallen kaldorei city, Highborne all go there, islanders make it their capital - links with both alliance night elves (i.e. through Highborne and islanders) and horde blood elves (nightborne).
    A Horde city should not become neutral. The highborne component of the night elves is so small, at best they should likely just get a highborne district within the future night elf city.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    However on Character creation, Night elves, like worgen, get a second race symbols, and it's Highborne here. click on that and you have essentially Nightborne model with night elf ears and skin colour/hair colour options, having many nightborne and night elf hairstyles. You can switch the body type to bulky which would load the night elf model, and it would have a similar set of customisation options.

On the void elf tab, a similar thing occurs, like worgen and night elf, you will have void elf and high elf racial options in customisation to choose from
    It is extremely unlikely that Blizzard will do this. If they did, they'd have to do the same for all the orc/mag'har orc clans, tauren clans, troll tribes, dwarves/wildhammer. This would mean changing the scripting throughout the entire game to ensure every NPC addresses you as "darkspear or sand troll", etc... What a timecost that would be, especially when Blizzard have effectively said "RP as you want". And imagine balancing racial options for that many different sub-groups. I'd rather blizzard focus their resources where they're needed most. You can just RP your character to be a wildhammer or highborne, or whatever.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    You can make someone who looks very similar to how I imagine Dath'remar Sunstrider probably looked, so I'm assuming you advocates are pretty happy, right?

(I forgot his eyebrows!)
    This is plenty thin enough, you don't need nightborne level slim to denote Highborne. This proves it.. btw, is it me or are night elves gaited slimmer when in robe outfits? Is that there way of doing the "thinner" look?

- - - Updated - - -
    @ravenmoon
    Anyway, from a conceptual point of view, you don't need Highborne, there is too much overlap at this point in time.

Want purple elf, with highborne look, slimmer features, silver eyed - the void elves do that. What a more muscly, taller elf - you have the night elf, want him pale skinned, now you have the high elf skins.

It's the horde that doesn't have a Chad elf model look. It's got the highborne/nobility caster look galore, including a version in purple - so I would say the alliance has more options.

If you look at it from the point of view of wanting to roleplay the fanatasy of a Highborne and have distinctive customisation to show that, then you have a more legit case, however, is it really something to add a sleuth of options to if you're not making an allied race? Won't the current options be enough and for any thing more blizz can just add set Highborne headpieces, bracelets down the line in quest rewards sort of thing, they don't have to be CC.

Even the whole necklace thing, if they start showing neck piece itemisation on characters, then that would be so much better than adding it to character creation. You have pieces that are named Highborne - just go collect them, also Moon priest stuff. The moon priest circlet makes sense because of it's cultural significance, but many of the highbrone culture pieces are mainstream now thanks to the high elves, with nightborne bringing more.

imo, they should focus more on the ear decorations, because gear can't give you that.

@Mace

To be honest, the only thing alliance elves are missing is a city. They've got high class purple elves in void elves, and enough night elf appearances that can pass for NElf highborne - everyone knows they wield arcane power and are good at it. Would you be content with what we have now?

Also what's stopping you from loving void elves and using them as your high class majestic purple elf? They are from night elves ?

Quote Originally Posted by Astranea View Post
    I made these mockups to show the WarcraftDevs on Twitter why we need purple glowing eyes, blue and orange facial markings and more jewelry added to the nightelf customization.

Also, the druids deserve Emerald green eyes and their own facial markings, too.

Seriously. We need this:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and this Twitter post by RukiexRamen also shows some extra jewelry.

Those long ears have enough space for much more… so why not?

I think what you actually did is show them why we shouldn't have them at all. Nothing here is inspiring and makes me think I would like to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro