Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In fairness most of Mograine's character has been a lot of devotion to fight the Scourge. Be nice to know WHY he went there instead of Bastion. Those details man.
    He wanted payback for turning him into one of the Four Horsemen

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Am disappointed we haven't seen Varian despite knowing that he was among the last folks to make it into the Shadowlands before the machine of death broke.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Am disappointed we haven't seen Varian despite knowing that he was among the last folks to make it into the Shadowlands before the machine of death broke.
    Hate to break it to you but Varian definitely is not going to be in the Shadowlands. His whole being and soul was most likely obliterated.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Hate to break it to you but Varian definitely is not going to be in the Shadowlands. His whole being and soul was most likely obliterated.
    I mean, his physical body was disenchanted, sure. But I don't think being disenchanted DQs you from ending up in the shadowlands, even if you end up in the warcraft version of the realm souls go to when they are used in enchanting and thereby fed to the Infinite Masters in Tamriel.

I'll be mightily disappointed if Renault Mograine isn't seen in SL. Is father was an absolute douche and yet because he was the first to wield Ashbringer he is hailed as this incredible tragic figure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I mean, his physical body was disenchanted, sure. But I don't think being disenchanted DQs you from ending up in the shadowlands, even if you end up in the warcraft version of the realm souls go to when they are used in enchanting and thereby fed to the Infinite Masters in Tamriel.
    Depends on the kind of magic. Fel magic devours souls, that's why it's so evil.

As much as I like the new Shadowlands lore, it sometimes really clashes with the past 16 years of lore and quests about ghosts/spirits/reincarnation etc.
    Talking to Uther's spirit in the Paladin artifact quest in Legion and numerous other occasions where we talk to the spirits of long departed dead? Black Rook Hold? Auchindoun and putting souls of dead heroes into constructs? Torga reincarnating in BfA? That paladin in WotLK taken up by the light?

People really have to stop with the stupid the "Oh, Bastion is for Paladins and Warriors, Maldraxxus is for Death Knights and Warlocks, Ardenweald is for Druids and Hunters" stuff when they explicitly stated that it has nothing to do with that, but how you acted and what you valued in life.

I think Tiffin and Varian will be in the shadowlands, why then add Anduin to shadowlands.
    Thrall - maldraxxus covenant ( meeting with Draka )
    Jaina - revendreth covenant ( Kael'thas or Arthas )
    Anduin - bastion covenant ( Tiffin and Varian )
    Baine - ardenweald covenant ( Cairne )
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2020-06-28 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People really have to stop with the stupid the "Oh, Bastion is for Paladins and Warriors, Maldraxxus is for Death Knights and Warlocks, Ardenweald is for Druids and Hunters" stuff when they explicitly stated that it has nothing to do with that, but how you acted and what you valued in life.
    I mean it would of made a lot more sense... but I guess they didn't want to repeat class halls since they were to well liked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Maybe it's spome kind of seal thing. The 3 spikey parts could also just relate 3 remaining or already disengages seals. Might also be something to select a configuration, since the clasp at the bottom seams to hold a special meeaning, like a final selector.
    So like, same shit as with Zuldazar seals? Boring. We had to many seals that were broken in this game
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-06-28 at 09:20 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So like, same shit as with Zuldazar seals? Boring. We had to many seals that were broken in this game
    Just stating the possibilities. Unless they move a clock just seems weird - especially given that all 3 clock hands would be the same length, so it would be a kinda shitty clock :P

Also it's under a guy that is chained and burried in the depths of torghast, so it makes sense. My personal guess is: Just decoration.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Just a few more days til Blizzard wil crush our dreams about nightelf paladins and blood elf druids!

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Just a few more days til Blizzard wil crush our dreams about nightelf paladins and blood elf druids!
    Why would you expect that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Good luck with that.

People want their experience to fit the overall theme they've decided for their characters. Whether they are 110% into "muh Horde fuk de Alianz" or "Have at thee, feeble beast. For I am a Paladin of the Holy Light!", they will be drawn to content which fits and reinforces that.

So most Druid players will go Night Fae, most Paladins will go Bastion, etc.
    Problem is that what they think the theme is and what the actual theme is clashes rather badly in some cases. People still think of Bastion as fluffy cloud heaven for the good and righteous, when that is not even remotely related to the actual qualities that get you sent there. Retribution focused Paladins in particular would probably much more at home in Maldraxxus. Druid and Night Fae at least have a valid connection, since Ardenweald is basically a mirror world to the Emerald Dream, and entirely on purpose. Still not making my Druid that since it is way to cliché.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Problem is that what they think the theme is and what the actual theme is clashes rather badly in some cases. People still think of Bastion as fluffy cloud heaven for the good and righteous, when that is not even remotely related to the actual qualities that get you sent there. Retribution focused Paladins in particular would probably much more at home in Maldraxxus. Druid and Night Fae at least have a valid connection, since Ardenweald is basically a mirror world to the Emerald Dream, and entirely on purpose. Still not making my Druid that since it is way to cliché.
    I mean, all they have to do is to pay minimum attention during levelling, to see what Covenant fits them best.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    covenants have nothing to do with arbitrary classes from 1 planet

Bastion are stewards, Maladraxxas is the army of shadowlands, revendeth are the therapists, maw is the jail, Ardenweld is special cases

He's prob Maladraxxas because he's a defender and thought the best way to protect innocent souls was to work against the various creatures seeking to eat peoples eternal souls
    I know I know. Just thought the whole Undead part of it was kinda eep, y'know? Either way, I'm probably going to have Bastion and Maldraxxus as my main ones. Maldraxxus for raiding, and Bastion cause it's just so fucking gorgeous + Uther and Angels.

Revendreth is just going to be my vampire slapping playground. No need to use a covenant there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Why would you expect that?
    Cause Night Elf Paladins exist?

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    covenants have nothing to do with arbitrary classes from 1 planet

Bastion are stewards, Maladraxxas is the army of shadowlands, revendeth are the therapists, maw is the jail, Ardenweld is special cases

He's prob Maladraxxas because he's a defender and thought the best way to protect innocent souls was to work against the various creatures seeking to eat peoples eternal souls
    He didn't choose it, the Arbiter did We players can choose, but no one who is dead had a choice, they have the Sorting Hat and get put where that says they go.
    However, it seems to fit them really well, once they learn what it's all about, as Lady Vashj explains. She was a little shocked at first, and was surprised at how much she likes Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I know I know. Just thought the whole Undead part of it was kinda eep, y'know? Either way, I'm probably going to have Bastion and Maldraxxus as my main ones. Maldraxxus for raiding, and Bastion cause it's just so fucking gorgeous + Uther and Angels.
    There are no undead in Maldraxxus. Well, except for player DKs and Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There are no undead in Maldraxxus. Well, except for player DKs and Forsaken.
    Well they look undead.