Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Siding with the Horde in BFA made you objectively evil

It is morally good to destroy objective evil

See?
    There is no such thing as objective evil, therefore siding with anybody cannot make you such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Because Gazlowe has always been a fair and honest goblin. That's why people would rather follow him than Gallywix.
    For a Goblin, he pretty much is. Which isn't saying a whole lot since you'd still have to dig to find the bar, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nice try, but they are not unambiguously good. Having done any shady things at all disqualifies them. Calling the Alliance good is nothing more than faction bias.
    Name someone who never did anything shady in their life. Go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Did you play 8.3? Horde is filled with so many goodie two shoe leaders now that cry about honor we might aswell be one faction

Lmao even the forsaken got anduin 2.0 as a leader. EVEN the goblins were downgraded to have a goodie two shoe leader. In what world? Corporations are rich because they exploit their workers, not by being nice and playing fair. So why the hell is the leader of the greediest race on azeroth talking about fair wages?

The sooner people stop applying earth morals to a fictional universe the better. Its almost like its illegal to live the evil fantasy once. The battlefront 2 campaign had the main character become a good guy after 2 missions, kylo ren was redeemed, illidan was redeemed. Sargeras was redeemed.
    Sargeras was never redeemed, did you even play Legion? And a game doesn't have to be tailored to your every whim. Want to play the bad guy permanently? Go play the Empire in Swtor or the Monster in LOTRO.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Name someone who never did anything shady in their life. Go on.

Sargeras was never redeemed, did you even play Legion? And a game doesn't have to be tailored to your every whim. Want to play the bad guy permanently? Go play the Empire in Swtor or the Monster in LOTRO.
    Jesus didn't do anything shady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go.

Nothin screams unambiguously good like a faction that burns bystanders alive because they carried around some supplies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Is this a troll thread?

Alliance is literally the good faction, Horde is evil. That's kind of the story of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Jesus didn't do anything shady.
    He also probably didn't exist.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

You mean when they targeted vulpera war supplies in order to stop the vulpera from supplying the Zandalari in anticipation for the Battle of Dazar'alor?
    That's the invasion quest Alliance players do.

The Horde defense quest is about Alliance warlocks or mages literally burning fox people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Nothin screams unambiguously good like a faction that burns bystanders alive because they carried around some supplies.
    Yeah, because people showering your enemy with vital war supplies in a time of siege are just "bystanders".

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    That's the invasion quest Alliance players do.

The Horde defense quest is about Alliance warlocks or mages literally burning fox people alive.
    I don't remember seeing any vulpera being burned alive in the Live version. The Purge Squads never made it past the PTR.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because people showering your enemy with vital war supplies in a time of siege are just "bystanders".

I don't remember seeing any vulpera being burned alive in the Live version. The Purge Squads never made it past the PTR.
    Vital war supplies? We are talking about desert people on the opposite of the continent with salvage.

And the purge squad is still in the game, they just renamed em.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

We need less barriers to people playing the game together not more. Adding in more factions wont help the game in any way because people will just flock to where the other players are regardless of lore behind the faction.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Is this a troll thread?

Alliance is literally the good faction, Horde is evil. That's kind of the story of wow.
    The New Horde was never meant to be the evil faction.

Thats the best joke I have ever heard lol.

Vital war supplies? We are talking about desert people on the opposite of the continent with salvage.

And the purge squad is still in the game, they just renamed em.
    Yes and they just burn the supplies and not the Vulpera themselves. Also its exactly that, they burn it because they carry war supplies, why else would the bother to even think about some UwUs? Crueality just because is more a Horde thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Yes and they just burn the supplies and not the Vulpera themselves. Also its exactly that, they burn it because they carry war supplies, why else would the bother to even think about some UwUs? Crueality just because is more a Horde thing.

What an odd looking salvage supply.

What an odd looking salvage supply.
    I go by the quest text and I have not seen the NPCs actually killing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no good argument that the Horde led by Sylvanas wasn't evil, that's what I'm getting at

- - - Updated - - -

Shouldn't have sided with the Horde then should they?
    Guess same could be said about nightelves then. Would stop alot of garbage threads on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I go by the quest text and I have not seen the NPCs actually killing them.
    Luckily for you, i literally gave you a screenshot to see it.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-28 at 04:16 PM.

No, they were meant to be the compromised faction trying to do better. You know with the freshly undemon blooded Orcs, cannibalistic trolls and "badass monster" undead.

I think the issue with threads like these is that the factions aren't starting from zero. The universe predates WoW and the baggage that comes with that is the Alliance were written as the unironic good guys in the first two games and the horde were the unironic bad guys. Those factors are just always going to be there lurking in the background of these discussions.

3+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't have sided with the Horde then should they?
    *facepalm* the Vulpera didn't side with the Horde until after the war was over.

10+ Year Old Account

They side with the Horde right away? Yes, they weren't officially part of the Horde until after - but that's merely a formality, they aided the Horde and fought the Alliance as soon as BFA started
    If i remember correctly the first interaction of vulperas with the alliance is them gettin a fireball aimed at their face. Since none of voldun quest chain had anythin todo with alliance. Of course they aided the horde in the voldun questchain when we dealing with old god bullshittery.

Luckily for you, i literally gave you a screenshot to see it.
    Except that's not actually a screenshot you took, that's a literal fake news shot you got off google because you heard of the meme. The NPCs don't actually attack the vulpera nor are they the intended targets.

I think what's more interesting here is the whole meta-narrative that there is so little evidence of the alliance committing 'wrongs' people have to bring up one random quest that got changed on the PTR and make out its in any way comparable to the litany of 'wrongs' the horde has under its belt. Including the inciting incident of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Except that's not actually a screenshot you took, that's a literal fake news shot you got off google because you heard of the meme. The NPCs don't actually attack the vulpera nor are they the intended targets.

I think what's more interesting here is the whole meta-narrative that there is so little evidence of the alliance committing 'wrongs' people have to bring up one random quest that got changed on the PTR and make out its in any way comparable to the litany of 'wrongs' the horde has under its belt. Including the inciting incident of the expansion.
    They got renamed from "purge squad" on ptr to "despoiler" on live. So this is a screenshot of live. You can literally see em aim fireballs and burn vulperas during the world quest.

You can find so many screenshots of em burning vulpera that its hardly "fakenews meme" unless of course you speak about yourself.

Heres another:
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-06-28 at 04:29 PM.