Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I literally have no idea, what other race can be a demon hunter

While back, someone asked the question if DH will be locked to NE/BE only. Blizzard responded 'if it makes sense, we will introduce more races for DH"

But, I don't know which race would make sense. The only one I had in mind is there broken/naga(coilskar ones)
    I guess everyone one can become a demon-hunter, since we found the instructions in the secret place back in Cataclsym.

thoughts on this?

Zandalari and regular trolls.

Nightborne and void elves.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Zandalari and regular trolls.

Nightborne and void elves.
    and how exactly they make sense lore wise, the trolls part

Technically Illidan also had Orcs and Man'ari Eredar under his employ as well though this was back when he was a villain so not sure if they would be possible choices now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    and how exactly they make sense lore wise, the trolls part
    Zandalari had demoniacs a long time ago, who did the whole "eat demons for power" thing that DHs do. Also they have a skeleton which means they can do backflips without looking silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if they do a new starting area, similar to DK where you basically get a new generations of demon hunters you could add basically any race.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    orcs, and dreanei (Velen would probably have a aneurysm after seeing one) maybe tauren or human because humans are wow's version of a swiss army knife.

All I could picture were Nightborne and Void Elves, though that'd be kinda redundant.

They let undead be hunters, so making sense as a reason is right the fuck out the window.

About as much sense as it does for any of the post cata race and class changes.

Half the new combos shouldn’t exist due to the lore but do for rpg and game reasons.

Dh should be the same way and allow at least all the elf classes to learn.

We still teach new dk without arthas, right?

Practically any race could be a DH. What makes you think otherwise?

Now, when we talk about aesthetics - well then I agree that there aren't that many races left which would fit.

draenei made sense the whole time aöready. There never was a reason why they would not be DHs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    They let undead be hunters, so making sense as a reason is right the fuck out the window.
    It makes sense if you was a hunter in life what would make you not be one in undeath?

There is literally no reason to train any other race to be demon hunter or any new demon hunters at all. The current ones we got all were originally trained by Illidan. So unless there is a big threat of the burning legion again and they need more demon hunters then back then in Legion... no race fits, even current nigh elfs or blood elfs would not be trained.

And if they ever want to train new demon hunters, there is no reason to prefer a specific race (other then racial bias from existing demon hunters). Why would Trolls be better Demon Hunters then Humans or Worgen?

Orcs, Draenei, Nightborne and Void Elves make a ton of sense. It wouldn't make sense story-wise, but it would be just for additional in-game options like Goblins/Worgen made no sense but were just added because Blizzard knew they would be popular, Worgen DK's especially.

Hunters have nothing about them that would inherently be against undeath. This makes for a very poor point to stand on for sense being thrown out the window.

Now a better "lolore" sense point would be Dwarven Mages or Night Elf Mages... or Gnome Priest...

edit:

for DH races...

If we're trying to link them to the "illidari" we could use dranei and orcs.

But for allied races we'd have to add "new" demon hunter origin for post legion. At which point it's fair game for basically anything. Nightborn and void elves might make a bit of sense given their ancient history linked to the old Keldorei empire... but honestly anything else starts dipping into weird mixing of lore sort of like how people blend all the "light" together for no reason (draenei, lightforged, humans etc being treated as all having the same religion...)

If we're just going with any basic idea of subjugating demonic power and using it for one's own personal use... that's not a unique idea to any one organization and once we look at opening up weapon choice (like using more than just glaives) it's really not entirely out of the question to expand things beyond "elf" so we could reasonably just have a new wave of demon hunters post legion come out of the woodworks forevery race. The only real problem with this might be the fact that the devs spent a bit more time making more detailed class animations FOR the elf body models and I'm not sure they'd do the same for all the races. I, for one, rather liked my scaly looking elf, but i'm not sure that's a "quick fix" to translate onto draenei/worgen/orc bodies.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-06-28 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird pick when arguing nonsensical combinations. Anyone can learn archery and marksmanship, hell, their until recently racial leader was a ranger; I'm more surprised it took so long for those teachings to disseminate among the Forsaken at large.

On-topic: it depends on if they expand the lore going forth. Nightborne and void elves could probably do it, but it would feel somewhat redundant.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    While back, someone asked the question if DH will be locked to NE/BE only. Blizzard responded 'if it makes sense, we will introduce more races for DH"

But, I don't know which race would make sense. The only one I had in mind is there broken/naga(coilskar ones)
    I guess everyone one can become a demon-hunter, since we found the instructions in the secret place back in Cataclsym.

thoughts on this?
    Nightborne and Void Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nearly any WoW race *could* be a Demon Hunter - they just need to learn the prerequisite skills and go through the ritual that makes Demon Hunters. I would imagine the Draenei would probably have no desire to do this, and it's probably not feasible for the Worgen. Probably not really something the Goblin culture would promote, and I could see both Tauren and the majority of Orcs looking pretty askance at it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

thoughts on this?
    Draenei and orcs. Both races were represented as Illidari in some way (thought draenei were mostly broken). Could have access to fel orc and eredar skins.
    Whatever...