Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The final boss of Shadowlands is... Gamon.

All the one shot deaths he took over the years allowed him to take control of the underworld to get his ultimate revenge. He will now one shot everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s the Jailer.

They’ve said he’s the overarching villain of this expansion. They wanted to go back to having one after not doing so since... Cata, I guess?
    lol and you believed them?

Its of course not the Jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Gotta wonder if they'd straight up lie to us, pull a "Sike it was the Arbiter all along, gotcha" kinda thing, would that even be allowed or would that be false advertising I wonder.
    Pretty sure about that.

If i remember correctly pyromancer does not believe either, that the Jailer is the endboss and something is wrong about the Arbiter.

Maybe some light or void thingie will be the endboss leading us to the next expansion.

Maybe the Jailor escapes to Azeroth to take the world soul after we fixed the Shadowlands... and we fight him below Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

However, here, for 10.3: I think we're going to physically face the "Lord of Death" or face off against the "Pantheon of Death". Whatever happens, we'll face it. Blizzard has hinted towards the Jailer and Sylvanas serving something greater. And that "force" is the Final Boss of Shadowlands.
    Who could be that greater force behind the Jailer and Sylvanas?

Could only be a void lord? Because a void lord needs a lot of energy to materialize in our universe, that power could come from the maw thats why all souls go there and the rest of the shadowlands is bleeding white?

What else could make any sense here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Who could be that greater force behind the Jailer and Sylvanas?

Could only be a void lord? Because a void lord needs a lot of energy to materialize in our universe, that power could come from the maw thats why all souls go there and the rest of the shadowlands is bleeding white?

What else could make any sense here?
    It's probably just the Jailer, or a God of Death that's beyond even him. I mean, the Jailer is literally a Sargeras level threat. Anything above him in this expansion would be overkill, ngl.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's probably just the Jailer, or a God of Death that's beyond even him. I mean, the Jailer is literally a Sargeras level threat. Anything above him in this expansion would be overkill, ngl.
    This.

Given what he says in the new intro, he is the man with a plan. Now... why? That is the question. That may lead to either the Arbiter or the titans, but Odyn isn't it. Odyn works for the Titans and has already been a raid encounter. Not often that blizzard repeats the same raid boss. Only Archimonde and Illgynoth that i can remember. But Illy was completely different in Nyalotha and the first Archimonde encounter was a time travel to the past. It's possible to fight Odyn again, but he wouldnt be the final boss, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Maybe the Jailor escapes to Azeroth to take the world soul after we fixed the Shadowlands... and we fight him below Silithus.
    That would actually be really cool, this possibility never even crossed my mind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Final boss is Mal'ganis + Nathrezim Covenant in the Remains of Nathreza.

I don't know, maybe it will be Saronite? Surely Vertigo would have a reliable source on this claim involving 12 pictures of Ulduar?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This.

Given what he says in the new intro, he is the man with a plan. Now... why? That is the question. That may lead to either the Arbiter or the titans, but Odyn isn't it. Odyn works for the Titans and has already been a raid encounter. Not often that blizzard repeats the same raid boss. Only Archimonde and Illgynoth that i can remember. But Illy was completely different in Nyalotha and the first Archimonde encounter was a time travel to the past. It's possible to fight Odyn again, but he wouldnt be the final boss, i think.
    You forgot Ragnaros, although that one also made sense since it was established that we only sent him home the first time.

That aside, it'd be the third fight against Odyn already. We already fought him twice in Legion. But he has never given of any indication of being actively hostile towards us, with both fights explicitly being tests.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    The Jailer will be pretty much be like Azshara in BfA and Gul'dan in Legion. he might even be tier 9.1 boss and might be carried over to 9.2 if not the death God Muehzalah and a side boss of Hakkar.

We will probably have a glimpse as to what happened to Nerzhul and his connection with the Jailer. Again we are dealing with the second Jailer, first being Illidan and now that the LK has been relieved of his duty as the jailer of the damned, we will definitely deal with the real deal jailer of the dead.
    Nope. Know when you’re wrong, and you’re wrong about this. They’ve stated he’s the villain of the expansion - he’ll be the last boss.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We have killed or defeated:
    - Two Elemental Lords: Ragnaros and Al'akir
    - Three Dragon Aspects: Murozond, Malygos and Neltharion
    - Three Old God's: C'thus, Yogg-Saron and N'zoth
    - Two major demons: Kil'jaeden and Archimonde
    - Two Titans: Argus and Sargeras

Why on Azeroth do you think a Titan Watcher, which is much much weaker, would ever be a final boss?
    technically we have only defeated Argus. we didn't defeat Sargeras, we never even fought him. but yeah I don't think it will be Odyn. I mean when it comes to bosses though they don't necessarily have to escalate each time in power. it could just be that they are the major threat for the expansion and have to be put down

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    technically we have only defeated Argus. we didn't defeat Sargeras, we never even fought him. but yeah I don't think it will be Odyn. I mean when it comes to bosses though they don't necessarily have to escalate each time in power. it could just be that they are the major threat for the expansion and have to be put down
    We did play a major part in the events that lead to his current confinement. We didn't directly fight him, but we nontheless defeated him.

Sylvanas usurping The Jailer is my vote. Jailer as a close second.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We did play a major part in the events that lead to his current confinement. We didn't directly fight him, but we nontheless defeated him.
    yeah but not as a raid boss or anything. all the others were raid bosses with one dungeon boss

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah but not as a raid boss or anything. all the others were raid bosses with one dungeon boss
    Maybe, but the list was "killed or defeated" not "engaged in physical combat".

You forgot Ragnaros, although that one also made sense since it was established that we only sent him home the first time.

That aside, it'd be the third fight against Odyn already. We already fought him twice in Legion. But he has never given of any indication of being actively hostile towards us, with both fights explicitly being tests.
    But, we fought Helya, twice too in legion. And she appears on the Jailers side in SL in the intro quests.

Pretty sure we have to fight her again and maybe odyn, too. Another test to proove worthy for the giggles.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-06-28 at 04:45 PM.

But, we fought Helya, twice too in legion. And she appears on the Jailers side in SL in the intro quests.

Pretty sure we have to fight her again and maybe odyn, too. Another test to proove worthy for the giggles.
    What reason would he have to bother? We've proven ourselves plenty capable to him by now. Helya at least has an actual reason to fight us.

What reason would he have to bother? We've proven ourselves plenty capable to him by now. Helya at least has an actual reason to fight us.
    An ingame joke of the devs, not lore related, just for giggles.

Because Odyn still thinks the player is unworthy to go after Helya, nonetheless.

Or we just kill a corrupted Odyn, Ra-den style, which is just,lame, tbh.

In any case he seems deeply involved for a titan watcher with SL, he must be an encounter in one way or another, or at least assist us as a NPC.

Why shouldn't he be used again? Helya is confirmed for SL?

Don't see him as final boss material, though.

An ingame joke of the devs, not lore related, just for giggles.

Because Odyn still thinks the player is unworthy to go after Helya, nonetheless.

Or we just kill a corrupted Odyn, Ra-den style, which is just,lame, tbh.

In any case he seems deeply involved for a titan watcher with SL, he must be an encounter in one way or another, or at least assist us as a NPC.

Why shouldn't he be used again? Helya is confirmed for SL?

Don't see him as final boss material, though.
    He'd have to come to the Shadowlands first for that. All he managed up till now was a short peek. And i think you're vastly overestimating his involvement.