Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There are no undead in Maldraxxus. Well, except for player DKs and Forsaken.
    And Kel'Thuzad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    How do you kill that which has no life?
    Well, if you ever go by Warcraft rules, you just have to hit them really REALLY hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People really have to stop with the stupid the "Oh, Bastion is for Paladins and Warriors, Maldraxxus is for Death Knights and Warlocks, Ardenweald is for Druids and Hunters" stuff when they explicitly stated that it has nothing to do with that, but how you acted and what you valued in life.
    I mean, it does kind of align with some classes

Like...99% of druids would go to Ardenwald because that’s what they believe in and how they acted it life. But someone like Fandral could have ended up in Revendreth or the Maw and someone like Thisalee it Broll would end up in Maldraxxus

It makes sense for Uther to go to Bastion because he was someone who upheld the ideals of justice and service. I think people have issues with a paladin who fought the Scourge his entire life ending up in basically Scourgetown, which is fine. But he FOUGHT the Scourge. Mograine was a warrior first and a paladin second. So him ending up in Maldraxxus makes sense

But yeah, class != covenant. A Druid can join Maldraxxus, a paladin can join Ardenwald, a warlock can join Bastion, a monk can join Revendreth

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I mean, it does kind of align with some classes

Like...99% of druids would go to Ardenwald because that’s what they believe in and how they acted it life. But someone like Fandral could have ended up in Revendreth or the Maw and someone like Thisalee it Broll would end up in Maldraxxus

It makes sense for Uther to go to Bastion because he was someone who upheld the ideals of justice and service. I think people have issues with a paladin who fought the Scourge his entire life ending up in basically Scourgetown, which is fine. But he FOUGHT the Scourge. Mograine was a warrior first and a paladin second. So him ending up in Maldraxxus makes sense

But yeah, class != covenant. A Druid can join Maldraxxus, a paladin can join Ardenwald, a warlock can join Bastion, a monk can join Revendreth
    Ardenweald is something of an exception in that, with it lining up more or less exactly with what a Druid would do.

Bastion is the afterlife for people who place helping others above everything else. Not every Paladin is selfless, as Arthas quite effectively showed.

Maldraxxus only superficially looks like Scourgetown, too. Beyond that, their view on afterlife is rather different. It is a place for fighters and soldiers, so a natural home for people like Mograine or Varian. He fought the Scourge? Well, sure sounds like a ticket to Maldraxxus.
    I don't really get why people think Varian could possibly end up in Bastion, the place doesn't fit his nature at all. Anduin, certainly. Varian? No chance.

A Tauren Sunwalker could easily end up in Ardenweald, and many Forsaken would probably be bound for Revendreth regardless of their particular training.

I can see Varian being in Ardenweald because of Goldrinn, although Maldraxxus is way more likely. Could also be in a patch content zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I can see Varian being in Ardenweald because of Goldrinn, although Maldraxxus is way more likely. Could also be in a patch content zone.
    I think the bigger question is whether there's enough left of his soul to go anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if you can go to a different afterlife realm if one needed to.

I think the bigger question is whether there's enough left of his soul to go anywhere.
    I don't even know if thats what even happened, his soul might still exist. I know Fel likes taking souls but Varian seemed to die via his body exploding from Fel.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't even know if thats what even happened, his soul might still exist. I know Fel likes taking souls but Varian seemed to die via his body exploding from Fel.
    That's part of the question. Did it damage his soul, and if yes, how much?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Just a few more days til Blizzard wil crush our dreams about nightelf paladins and blood elf druids!
    Good. Vulpera, and especially vulpera death knights don't deserve to have dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I kind of assume it destroyed it.
    Fel has been described to burn souls like fuel, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing left of Varian to go onto the afterlife.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Fel has been described to burn souls like fuel, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing left of Varian to go onto the afterlife.
    I would like to think it burns some of the souls energy and not fully. After that energy is burned off that souls just moves on into the shadowlands.

What a shitty universe would it be to live in where even after death you have to worry about being complete destroyed.

Ardenweald is something of an exception in that, with it lining up more or less exactly with what a Druid would do.

Bastion is the afterlife for people who place helping others above everything else. Not every Paladin is selfless, as Arthas quite effectively showed.

Maldraxxus only superficially looks like Scourgetown, too. Beyond that, their view on afterlife is rather different. It is a place for fighters and soldiers, so a natural home for people like Mograine or Varian. He fought the Scourge? Well, sure sounds like a ticket to Maldraxxus.
    I don't really get why people think Varian could possibly end up in Bastion, the place doesn't fit his nature at all. Anduin, certainly. Varian? No chance.

A Tauren Sunwalker could easily end up in Ardenweald, and many Forsaken would probably be bound for Revendreth regardless of their particular training.
    Except for the fight the Scourge thing that’s more or less what I was saying. I misspoke on that and was meaning more he’s more militant than most paladins. Like yeah, Turalyon is all about war, but Alexandros is probably the only one willing to do whatever it takes, going so far as to use a mysterious dark object he found on an orc warlock(necrolyte? I can’t remember)

He would go to the place that’s the soldiers. He would go to the place that’s the war front because that’s who he is

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I would like to think it burns some of the souls energy and not fully. After that energy is burned off that souls just moves on into the shadowlands.

What a shitty universe would it be to live in where even after death you have to worry about being complete destroyed.
    That's what happens if you then die again in the Shadowlands anyway. And what happens to non-mortals that get killed on their own plane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Good. Vulpera, and especially vulpera death knights don't deserve to have dreams come true.
    Looks like someone had some bad experiences with furries.

particularly fox furries.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Horde trade chat in AD occasionally gets infested
    UwU What do you mean? UwU

I would prefer Varian to not come back. Would cheapen his sacrifice.

Also, regarding Vulperas:

Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-06-28 at 08:45 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Yeah maybe it just burns off most of the anima for fuel, but doesn't destroy the soul. The difficult question is, what use does any faction have for an animaless soul?

- - - Updated - - -

That's what happens if you then die again in the Shadowlands anyway. And what happens to non-mortals that get killed on their own plane.
    I like to think that souls that die in the Shadowlands go to a realm where their anima can get replenished over time. Maybe that's where fel destroyed souls go too? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Horde trade chat in AD occasionally gets infested
    The Alliance didn't go far enough in 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah maybe it just burns off most of the anima for fuel, but doesn't destroy the soul. The difficult question is, what use does any faction have for an animaless soul?

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think that souls that die in the Shadowlands go to a realm where their anima can get replenished over time. Maybe that's where fel destroyed souls go too? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.
    It is specifically mentioned somewhere that souls that "die" in the Shadowlands have their component elements returned into the living world. Quite like the usual idea of cosmic reincarnation.
    Not to be confused when th the literal reincarnation that happens in Ardenweald.

Of course, was quite a while since I read this, so it might have changed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is specifically mentioned somewhere that souls that "die" in the Shadowlands have their component elements returned into the living world.
    I'm not saying it's the Force, but it's the Force. Gimme my Twileks and Togruta and my Jedi hero class blizz

I can't find it anymore but wasn't even Goldrin completely devestated how absolutely nothing of varian remained, he couldn't even feel is spirit or something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is specifically mentioned somewhere that souls that "die" in the Shadowlands have their component elements returned into the living world. Quite like the usual idea of cosmic reincarnation.
    Not to be confused when th the literal reincarnation that happens in Ardenweald.

Of course, was quite a while since I read this, so it might have changed.
    Was that changed? I thought in the beginning it was found that if a soul dies in the shadowlands they lose their self and become anima, which at least as far as the level of the shadowlands go seemed like they were done for, as they just get absorbed by other creatures in the shadowlands.

I have the distinct feeling that the shadowlands are not the real afterlife anyway, more like the next level down the spiral like in some cheap wuxia flick.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

iirc in one of the interviews they explained death in the Shadowlands like that: in our (player character case) nothing bad happens, because we're still alive and as such simply go back to our bodies.
    If you have entered the Shadowlands the usual way, by dying, your soul stays intact and maybe gets altered a bit with time and distance from your mortal life (and your appearance may change too), but you essentially stay yourself. If you then die again, you get dispersed into the fabric of the Shadowlands themselves, from where you may at some point be reborn, but not as the person you were before. You get reborn into a form that is needed at that time.
    This 'dispersing' of the soul has nothing to do with anima, because the anima is what you lose when you die and go to the Shadowlands. So your soul doesn't have any anima anymore once it's there.

Also, just because I read it a few times now in the last pages... if someone shows up in the Shadowlands, they are not 'back' in the classical sense. They are dead, that's why they are there. They also can't just come back to Azeroth, unless maybe as an undead or they get reborn via Ardenweald (which only happens if you get sent there by the Arbiter, not just because you want it to really badly).
    What should worry us, if we want the dead to actually stay dead, is people we don't see in the Shadowlands, because then we have no confirmation of them actually being dead (they may still be and simply went to one of the infinte realms we didn't see during the expansion, but we don't have confirmation on their deaths that way)