Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I won't hold my breath but it would be really cool to see a phased Hyjal that's fixed and no longer burning. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see a city because that would take YEARS to build... unless maybe that's the time shit people think Ion was suggesting? I don't know. RP servers are gonna be hella pissed if suddenly their characters age 20+ years coming out of the expansion.
    Eh, they can ask the Highborne and Druids to create the city with magic. That’s what the High Elves did when they founded Silvermoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the NE getting suramar would be a bit hard, considering tyrande was a dick to thalyssra and she hates literally everyone now.

Hyjal seems like a good fit, a little to close to Orgrimmar though... Maybe they should just focus on recovering felwood or darkshore? Feralas would be cool too I suppose.

Or maybe they should just bite the bullet and choose valsharah
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The night elf capital was Darnassus and this city had its own architectural style characteristic of the night elf culture! I don't know why you like to name Auberdine

this was the architectural style of the capital race capital

The night elf will not change the way they build their buildings, that is their culture. shendrelar may have a district with empire-like buildings
    You really just ignored the other part of the city that’s completely made out of stone? The temple, city gates and bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I feel like the NE getting suramar would be a bit hard, considering tyrande was a dick to thalyssra and she hates literally everyone now.

Hyjal seems like a good fit, a little to close to Orgrimmar though... Maybe they should just focus on recovering felwood or darkshore? Feralas would be cool too I suppose.

But isn't Val'shara too close to suramar, its literally next to it! But going to the broken isles would be such a weak move for a race that lived on Kalimdors for more then 10000 years.

Hyjal is not to close to Ogrimmar at all (only in ingame beeline), it does not even has a direct connection and you would be quicker in Felwood from Ogrimmar then on Hyjal. Also Nordrassil is all up at the top, a northern Point of it, it is on the highest mountain on Kalimdor. Also... if the recent development with Malfurion and Tyrande is any indicator, they would love to have a reason to attack the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    But isn't Val'shara too close to suramar, its literally next to it! But going to the broken isles would be such a weak move for a race that lived on Kalimdors for more then 10000 years.

Hyjal is not to close to Ogrimmar at all (only in ingame beeline), it does not even has a direct connection and you would be quicker in Felwood from Ogrimmar then on Hyjal. Also Nordrassil is all up at the top, a northern Point of it, it is on the highest mountain on Kalimdor. Also... if the recent development with Malfurion and Tyrande is any indicator, they would love to have a reason to attack the Horde.
    I suppose you are right, without a direct route it is far enough I suppose.

But having said that, they also lived in valsharah for a long time.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Val'sharah is essentially a religious retreat though
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

I'm curious why people think it would be a weak move? I always imagined the original plan was for the alliance to lose Kalimdor and the night elves regroup and power up in the broken isles and launch their re-conquest and this would be the state of the new revamped quests on the new Kalimdor in 10.0 or 11.0 whenever the next remake is.

With the base on the broken isles, the night elves at least aren't in the state they were in Classic to BFA, constantly under threat of losing everything, but now they have a secure home mostly, and the real battle and quest to regain all the lands they lost is part of the quest sequence, and now you have night elves as an empowered group marching forward with new numbers, wielding their powers.

But hey, who knows what the plan will endup being right? Massive outcry I think has changed their tact.. but who knows, it might still end up being that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, they indeed need representation. I would not even mind Illidari representation in both new kaldorei capital and in Silvermoon as well. Nothing major, not openly visible, perhaps in some hidden corners of the city, but I think it could be nice touch.

I believe that certainly nobody wants night elves to become 100% their pre-sundering era. No, that does not make any sense for them. Long Vigil tought them. All posters who are pro night elven cities in imperial style are all saying that we want to see combination of that style with their druidic themes. I'm glad you agree with us on that matter. We only have different view on what is really druidic.

I'm not sure about tauren. They werent that widespread as elves or trolls, they were never really expansive. I agree that trolls could claim many territories, but they lost many of them by conquest, so their claim is diminished by that. I'm personaly ok with Horde having these cities exclusively for their races. The only one in question is now Lordaeron. Actually, Alliance conquered it and Horde abandoned it and made sure it is unhabitable. I think Blizzard should adress it at some point in future, hopefully sooner then Gilneas, and while they do it, they can probably resolve Gilneas story as well. Forsaken needs their home too and worgen are now twice homeless.
    there is someone in the forum who advocates that the night elves abandon their druidic style and that all their buildings are imperial. for me the two styles must exist we have to see wooden buildings and trees that represent the mainstream of the night elf society and the imperial style for the shendrelar in their own district, this was always my idea and I defended it in all my posts.

we see tauren in northrend and pandaria.

calia wants to rebuild lordaeron says so in the book.

Val'sharah is essentially a religious retreat though, it's not equipped to govern nelf territories in Kalimdor
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    You really just ignored the other part of the city that’s completely made out of stone? The temple, city gates and bridge?
    I already answered it but I repeat the night elves do not live under the bridges are not like mythological trolls and in real life very few people live inside a temple I suppose it is the same for the night elves, all the buildings that I show are the places where practically the entire population of Darnassus live and where they carry out their daily lives! their bank was a tree!

I repeat it once again I always defend and want to see a Shenderlar district in the new capital night elves with houses and buildings in imperial style! I would like to see a great mage tower! what I don't want is to see the cultural development of 10 thousand years be erased! Druidic buildings have to be a very important part of the city as it was in Darnassus.

5+ Year Old Account

Val'Sharah could actually work. Although I'm still partial to Feralas/Dire Maul/Eldre'thalas.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I already answered it but I repeat the night elves do not live under the bridges are not like mythological trolls and in real life very few people live inside a temple I suppose it is the same for the night elves, all the buildings that I show are the places where practically the entire population of Darnassus live and where they carry out their daily lives! their bank was a tree!

I repeat it once again I always defend and want to see a Shenderlar district in the new capital night elves with houses and buildings in imperial style! I would like to see a great mage tower! what I don't want is to see the cultural development of 10 thousand years be erased! Druidic buildings have to be a very important part of the city as it was in Darnassus.
    The orcs moved away from their mud and bones housing motif because it was impractical in a rapidly evolving and war torn world. The night elves should probably do the same. With a good chunk of the civilian population dead, going a bit more imperial style to showcase their current situation of being made up of mostly military units wouldn’t be radical.

Forsaken created their own style to differentiate from standard human in less then a decade. The night elves should adapt to their new reality or just jump into a pyre and join their dead kins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Val'Sharah could actually work. Although I'm still partial to Feralas/Dire Maul/Eldre'thalas.
    The Problem with Feralas is that it's really isolated from all their other core territories.

It puts Mulgore and the Barrens/Desolace between them and Ashenvale/Stonetalon/Darkshore areas

Hyjal really is the best option for them.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The orcs moved away from their mud and bones housing motif because it was impractical in a rapidly evolving and war torn world. The night elves should probably do the same. With a good chunk of the civilian population dead, going a bit more imperial style to showcase their current situation of being made up of mostly military units wouldn’t be radical.

Forsaken created their own style to differentiate from standard human in less then a decade. The night elves should adapt to their new reality or just jump into a pyre and join their dead kins.
    and what am I saying? I want to see the imperial style in a district for shendrelar!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post

Orcs likely could evolve really fast because they've lived in Azeroth for a relatively short time, therefore their customs were likely not as established as those of a race of very long lived, VERY conservative beings, who spent the last 10k years (except the last 15-20 or so) living in small settlements within the wilderness. As for Forsaken, they adopted a more "imposing" style during Cata, where they were pretty much at the height of their power.

But in the case of NEs? They have been just massacred, their brand new capital burned to a crisp and have barely managed to recover Darkshore, which btw is a blighted !@#$hole that will take quite a while to restore. In these circumstances, it would be odd, even ridiculous, to adopt a more "imperial" style, as if they were celebrating the glories of... what, exactly? Darkshore is really not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I still can’t seem to find the part of the quest where Tyrande was a dick to her. Unless not kissing someone’s ass automatically labels you dick, specially someone who should be kissing your ass for betraying you once before and now need your help, I simply don’t see it.
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

and what am I saying? I want to see the imperial style in a district for shendrelar!
    I'd like to see a more organic (pun not intended) mix of imperial and druidic. An updated Temple of the Moon, surrounded by breath-taking gardens, for example. Why should it be restricted to one area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

But in the case of NEs? They have been just massacred, their brand new capital burned to a crisp and have barely managed to recover Darkshore, which btw is a blighted !@#$hole that will take quite a while to restore. In these circumstances, it would be odd, even ridiculous, to adopt a more "imperial" style, as if they were celebrating the glories of... what, exactly? Darkshore is really not enough.
    Isn’t this what the blood elves did after they nearly got wiped out by the scourge? They went imperial militaristic in order to insure their survival. Their buildings didn’t change because they didn’t live in cities that could be taken down by a single torch, but their way of life did. It wasn’t until the sunwell was restored that they stop banishing or brain washing anyone who threaten the cohesion of their society.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'd like to see a more organic (pun not intended) mix of imperial and druidic. An updated Temple of the Moon, surrounded by breath-taking gardens, for example. Why should it be restricted to one area?
    I think they are a small group to influence the whole culture

I think they are a small group to influence the whole culture
    I gave the Temple of the Moon as an example for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/