Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Why would the Horde Council let a well-known spy, with clear affiliation with the House Wrynn, even to stand near them? That would be like inviting Putin's bodyguard to a high-ranking NATO meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Read above. She isn't neutral, she stand with House Wrynn.
    She is neutral to the factions. She works for the wrynn family. She doesnt give a damn about factions. She is not in the alliance military structute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    where Velen
    Chilling in the Vindicaar and making trips around the galaxy, since both are conveniently absent since Legion.
    Heck, the horde couldn't even be bothered to attack the Exodar and the Draenei didnt come to help the night elves when they were.

Can only conclude they are cruisin the stars and having a major party. Maybe they went to visit Argus the long way around. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Likely just leftovers from Valeera and Thalyssra's older model appearances in the game, I wouldn't read too much into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh jeez apparently Baine gets captured *again* along with a bunch of the other leaders.
    valeera and thalyssra aliance defectors CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    valeera and thalyssra aliance defectors CONFIRMED
    Maybe Thalyssra's date with Lor'themar did not go so well after all. And instead of talking it out, she decides "I won't deal with this and further meetings will be awkward. Let's join the Alliance! Those voidelves boys look kinda kinky!".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Placing can hardly fit how i always visioned Horde leaders.
    I wonder why Thalyssra is suddenly friendly after BFA.
    And why Lorthemar who is out of all leaders has the least reasons to be unfriendly to Alliance is unfriendly. As far as i comprehend his character for 95% of time he was pro-diplomacy with Alliance.

Legit placing would be:

Calia and Thalyssra and Lor'themar - Neutral
    Rokhan - Undriendly
    Valeera - Friendly

Thats it.

1. She shouldn't be though. "Rightful Queen" doesn't mean much, she's dead and so are the Forsaken. We can't say whether she's good because we literally haven't seen any decisions she's made. YOU are the one who's biased because you're just swallowing this without scrutinizing the writing.

Consider the fact that the Forsaken have raised dead from places beyond Lordaeron, Calia's not THEIR Queen. Consider that Calia was raised by light energy and doesn't have the same anguish that Forsaken raised with shadow magic do. Consider that she was never made to massacre her friends and family by the scourge or by sylvanas.

She knows NOTHING about what it means to be Forsaken. She should be with the argents if Blizz wants her to play therapy counselor.

2. Valeera is there for Anduin, that's my POINT she shouldn't be with the Horde characters, she's an alliance mercenary and we don't need a second blood elf after Lor'themar. She shouldn't be standing behind Horde leaders with daggers drawn while meeting with Alliance leaders.

3. The faction war should end but only when they can write it well, and right now they're just making "Anyone who still wants to fight is irrational and MEAN", it's lazy and it's insulting to all of us.

Generally not the same fans.

A lot of people don't like how they play up the Lordaeron line and want the Forsaken to move beyond it. There's plenty of room for them to be dark and make something new without being stupid-evil like they have in the past.
    What? Are you being serious here? Did you not read the book? She DIED for them and she is taking on the mantle to help the Forsaken. Did you not see the conversation with Jaina before she departed?
    She did not volunteer for it, Voss aproached her seeing how she had helped Derek, so she could do the same for the forsaken.

Yes, YOU are the one imagining things cause you see her as alliance and boohoo i play horde and i don't want her!
    Read the book.

Valeera, again more faction nonsense. She is Anduins bodyguard, she isn't alliance. But, you see her as alliance so boohoo, same story. She is not allowed to talk to horde leaders!

So, you do admit you want the faction war to continue. Is this "good writing" when the horde wins? The story was dumb and that is exactly why we should move away from it.

I dont think the colours of the nameplates are there to add to the story. Likely that the person taking the screen is just missing rep as its an alpha character.

I feel like everyones reading way too much into who's marked as friendly or unfriendly or neutral. I find it way more likely that they copy pasted the characters over from somewhere else in the game and forgot to flip some flags to make them properly be shown as horde.

That being said, Valeera being horde side is weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Got to love the logic of Forsaken fans though:

Forsaken fans: "The Forsaken are the rightful citizens of Lordaeron, the Alliance has no claim over their land."
    Also Forsaken fans: "Calia, the last scion of the royal family that ruled Lordaeron for over 2000 years, should not become their leader and guide them into a new age."
    Calia abandon the right to rule, she said herself in Legion.

She isn't a undead like then, therefore should not lead then, a proper rotting undead of lordaeron should lead the rotting undeads of lordaeron

isn't that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    What? Are you being serious here? Did you not read the book? She DIED for them and she is taking on the mantle to help the Forsaken. Did you not see the conversation with Jaina before she departed?
    She did not volunteer for it, Voss aproached her seeing how she had helped Derek, so she could do the same for the forsaken.

Yes, YOU are the one imagining things cause you see her as alliance and boohoo i play horde and i don't want her!
    Read the book.

Valeera, again more faction nonsense. She is Anduins bodyguard, she isn't alliance. But, you see her as alliance so boohoo, same story. She is not allowed to talk to horde leaders!

So, you do admit you want the faction war to continue. Is this "good writing" when the horde wins? The story was dumb and that is exactly why we should move away from it.

If you're just going to go "boo hoo" at me, there's clearly no point in debating with you.
    Twas brillig

Enough of female leaders. I want male leaders, and I want a worthy king for storm, no gays (anduin). I want someone worthy to use shalamayne. And who is not a woman or a gay like anduin. I think it is not much to ask no? and already, a good king for the renegades would be fine. enough women leaders please

blizzard is out of it, with so much feminism, so much black / chinese skin ... but what do they want? a prize for correct morality? that i don't want blizzard women, i want conan, CONAN, this is a good leader.

5+ Year Old Account
    Calia got rezzed by the light in some bizarre way and has no experience living through what the rest of the Forsaken did. And she's supposed to teach *them*?
    Man, she's Anduin's BFF, which means she can teach anything to anybody. For our lord and saviour Anduin is the source of everything that is good and holy in Azeroth or elsewhere

How exactly would that work?
    Calia could work as leader of a hypothetical lightforged undead, Alliance-aligned race, aka "no bones allowed" quarter. But her as leader of the !@#$ing Forsaken? Why not rename them "the Embraced", "the Illuminated", "the Redeemed" or some other equally cringeworthy !@#$?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Enough of female leaders. I want male leaders, and I want a worthy king for storm, no gays (anduin).
    Anduin isn't gay. Blizzard may talk a lot about PC'ness, but they would never dare say that there is a major LGBT character.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

She is neutral to the factions. She works for the wrynn family.
    You managed to contradict yourself in two short sentences.

For some bizarre reason, Blizz has Calia and Valeera standing off in the Horde grouping.

Why on earth is Valeera there? Did they really need a second blood elf with the Horde after Lor'themar?

Why not have Calia stand in between if she's supposed to be neutral? Blizz has lots of old forsaken characters (or at least Lillian) they could use and start building up.

Some other screens from The Red Shirt Guy

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...597999104?s=20
    Simple really horde are running out of characters. Either they run off or are killed off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Maybe Thalyssra's date with Lor'themar did not go so well after all. And instead of talking it out, she decides "I won't deal with this and further meetings will be awkward. Let's join the Alliance! Those voidelves boys look kinda kinky!".
    Hire this guy Blizzard,Hire him NOW!

Atleast he knows your lore , so after date with limp stick she would be like "Yeah lets join Alliance , i need human boyfriend".

Thus she married Anduin 2 weeks later

Sarcasm OFF : where is my lightforged undead allied race?
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You managed to contradict yourself in two short sentences.
    Maybe to one such as you. I explained very clearly she is not in the Alliance military structure. She works for Anduin Wrynn, not for the alliance.
    Let me make this clear to you, since you obviously struggle. It means that say, Genn or Shaw can't order her around. She will not fight wars for the Alliance. She will only protect Anduin.

Maybe to one such as you. I explained very clearly she is not in the Alliance military structure. She works for Anduin Wrynn, not for the alliance.
    Let me make this clear to you, since you obviously struggle. It means that say, Genn or Shaw can't order her around. She will not fight wars for the Alliance. She will only protect Anduin.
    Since Anduin is Alliance currently, there is only little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I actually felt the opposite...
    How, I mean just ......how?

The Horde has all these bad-ass looking characters, very diverse.
    In this particular spot the Alliance is for once actually diverse with more races present and not just humans

The Alliance has all these bland looking characters...
    You just don't seem to like the Alliance theme it seems.

"Horde strong. Alliance weak." - is the symbolism I'm getting from looking at that scene.
    An empowered avatar of a goddess and a woman who ate a Naaru and the heart of a void demigod. It is really hard for me to see how you came to this conclusion, unless all of the above was sarcasm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Rokhan is only iconic by being a troll, since we have very few alive darkspear trolls, that reapper in the game.

Also, its not really the Horde on the horde side, its mostly allies..... Thalyssa is allied race, Valeria is a mercenary, Rokhan is just a soldier and Calia is.... Well, just a random undead really. She has no connection to the Horde.

Its just odd.
    Valeria is Anduin's personaly spy and Rokhan is the defacto leader of the Darkspear.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Tyrande doesn't look like the empowered avatar of a goddess.
    And the void-elf chick looks just like a generic ranger.

Lorthemar looks bad-ass, so does Calia Menethil and Valeera.

This is not about your personal opinion on which characters are more bad-ass or strong in lore or not, but about how these characters are represented in-game / how their model design looks.
    Well Lor'themar looks a lot like Geralt of Rivia nowadays

Veleera is just spiky for no apparent reason and looks like a cheap stripper Calia just wears a normal outfit and looks pretty much human

So I will give you Lor'themar the rest I don't agree with.

Goddamn, Tyrande is looking tall asf in that still.