Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Most ppl have a visual disability (yes your eyes being so weird u need glasses is a disability) so making the game unplayable for most ppl just cus "giant zone of death that is full of things that can kill u" isnt scary enough is not a good idea
    There are plenty of actually dark games with that kind of atmosphere, so I doubt one zone that is actually dark-dark would be much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, she even fooled herself in her internal dialiogue. And that is not the only time, even in the BfA novel none of it seems to be part of her thinking pattern at all, she truly outsmarted everyone, 4D chess ftw.
    I think yall nedd to calm down. Saying someone is a plotter and steps ahead doesnt mean "oh she can do brain magic and own everyone"

It means she makes sure she has agents dont outwardly loyal to her, loyal to her. It means she keeps her power level in check so anyone fighting her underestimates her meaning she can prob beat them. It means not letting anyone know your true plans and when u risk exposing your own loyalists to your plans you only show them what they need to know so if they betray you they cant do much harm.

Im pretty sure tons of other media has proven that plotters can be overtaken by being vigilant or forcing their hand and even if u cant beat them you can stemmy their plans and cause them to be less effective and thats all the writers are going for.

For example she did a good job of making sure to spout propoganda so ppl would think she was at least loyal to the forsaken. Her most loyal agent is in love with her and doesnt care if she does nothing or tries to blow up the universe cus he doeant care about life

Yall act like they are going "ohho we are very smart" the writers are just going "shes not telling everyone everything" whichbis significant because most of their characters wear their motivation on their sleeve
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I really hope they make the Maw darker, as in actually physically darker, harder to see, with soul braziers and other types of magic objects and creatures and lights from the sky to create tiny pockets of light between the obscuring darkness. It's meant to be WoW hell, but it kind of just feels like ruined brown ICC.

On that note, I wonder what The Maw would look like with that darker night potion.
    People always complain about the game being darker so they never make the game darker.

I really want fucking dark Maw.

In fact, I want weird lighting for all the zones. Make Bastion like awkwardly bright, Revendreth has a slightly red hue, Maldraxxus has a green hue, and Ardenwald is foggy with nature shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Back during the reveal I remember a few of us discussing how cool it would be to have limited visibility mechanics in the Maw.
    I don't know if they have something in the Maw, as I didn't notice any in the intro experience and level 60 Maw isn't open yet.

But, there is a section of Ardenweald in the southwest that has this pink/purple haze over everything that limits your view in there. So they at least have the tech to do something similar to what you want in the Maw.
    Signature by Caerule

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Who says I have anything against Anduin being a man of peace? I actually like that fact. But he's received next to no character development ever since he took over from Varian in Legion. The furthest they've gone is vaguely tease that he might be gay or whatever, which is completely uninteresting to me. I hope they explore what would happen if he gave in to the Void or something.
    They never teased he was gay, it was just initially said as an insult to Anduin, eventually with the introduction of Wrathion, some part of the community got its hopes high and went with that idea, but in the end, the author said that's not the case in a tweet.

Also more than giving in to the Void, i would prefer if we got him more as a discipline priest that use both void and light.

Did they forget the other 11 classes exist? Druids seem to be the only receiving any sort of attention. They do this a lot too, they pick 1 or 2 classes and hyper focus, while the rest just get touched on all expansion. Mages are boring as hell and it's sad to see it's going to be a continued trend for yet another expansion.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They never teased he was gay, it was just initially said as an insult to Anduin, eventually with the introduction of Wrathion, some part of the community got its hopes high and went with that idea, but in the end, the author said that's not the case in a tweet.

Also more than giving in to the Void, i would prefer if we got him more as a discipline priest that use both void and light.
    He's fine as a Holy priest. there is nothing wrong with Anduin short of him poppin in and then he's gone. I mean Rexxar popped up in BFA and well I doubt he'll be used again(Sadly but again same problem).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Did they forget the other 11 classes exist? Druids seem to be the only receiving any sort of attention. They do this a lot too, they pick 1 or 2 classes and hyper focus, while the rest just get touched on all expansion. Mages are boring as hell and it's sad to see it's going to be a continued trend for yet another expansion.
    Warriors got quite a bit of attention recently, and SPriests will likely get some major overhaul soon, but most of the other classes will likely not get anything major in time for the cutoff where only tuning is expected.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    We're probably looking at next expansion for most classes getting any kind of revamp/updates. We might see some minor stuff later on in the expansion but nothing too crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Back during the reveal I remember a few of us discussing how cool it would be to have limited visibility mechanics in the Maw.
    Just for one zone that is meant to be the spookiest place, it would be beautiful.

And they could have an option to increase visibility for those who actually need it, I guess.

Novice attempt, but

No that's too scary

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    No that's too scary
    Yeah, the Maw shouldn't be that dark
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Just for one zone that is meant to be the spookiest place, it would be beautiful.

And they could have an option to increase visibility for those who actually need it, I guess.

Novice attempt, but

[img]
    [img]
    I think your problem is that your monitor is set too bright. I can't make out anything in the edited one.

3+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they make the Maw darker, as in actually physically darker, harder to see, with soul braziers and other types of magic objects and creatures and lights from the sky to create tiny pockets of light between the obscuring darkness. It's meant to be WoW hell, but it kind of just feels like ruined brown ICC.

On that note, I wonder what The Maw would look like with that darker night potion.
    Well, right now it looks like Coldharbour from ESO so I guess they could change things around
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    No that's too scary
    To be fair, that fake smoke probably obscures a bit too much, but Blizzard could do it way better. Plus they can actually manually tune tones and contrasts better.

Regardless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think your problem is that your monitor is set too bright. I can't make out anything in the edited one.
    It might be, actually. Not everyone has the same monitor.

On mine, it's pretty foggy, as is the intention, but it's still meant to be such that you can see something at all, lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Novice attempt, but
    *snip*
    Maybe like this?

The difference to your picture is that the geometry only gets darkened in the distance while the foreground is still bright enough to see.
    Also added a distance glow to the atmosphere and an overall high pass filter for clearer edges.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that they should make the Maw darker.

It's supposed to be a dark realm of eternal damnation for the most vile souls of all, yet it's rather bright.
    (And waaaay too light brown, i want more pitch BLACK!)

Formerly known as Arafal

To be fair, that fake smoke probably obscures a bit too much, but Blizzard could do it way better. Plus they can actually manually tune tones and contrasts better.

Regardless
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/3Wre5e7.png[img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/8UjGrZG.png[img]
    This is how the Maw should look imho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Maybe like this?

The difference to your picture is that the geometry only gets darkened in the distance while the foreground is still bright enough to see.
    Also added a distance glow to the atmosphere and an overall high pass filter for clearer edges.
    Now that's almost perfect.

Let me just...

There.
    Now it's perfect.

#BringForthBlueMaw

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Now that's almost perfect.

Let me just...

There.
    Now it's perfect.

#BringForthBlueMaw
    Blizzard: *Prepares the 9.2/9.3 Button* Ehe, time to milk this baby once more!