Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    At one point in like 2015 I think I was subscribed to WoW, ESO, and SWTOR, all at the same time. Outside of that one instance, though, I was only ever playing one MMO at any given time from ~2008-2018 (if I was playing one at all).

But now, other than the trial of FF14 for a week or two a while back, I haven't played any MMOs since around the time BFA came out.

Wow(though not much these days), Guild Wars 2, and some SWtoR

I alternate between WoW, STO, ESO, FFXIV, and SWTOR... though I've been feeling single player JRPGs from the early 2000's more than anything else lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I play FFXIV but aside from that mmorpgs as a whole seem really stagnant and a lot of XIV is just the world, writing and job system keeping me interested. Too much of the genre is in devpanic as "you can play with a lot of people are once" is no longer the niche of the genre and so either try a gimmick when risks are never financially viable and as such properly supported in a self defeating loop or they just emulate past successes trying to ride the nostalgia train alone.

I can't think of a mmo rpg release in the last 5 years that has gameplay i would pick over any none mmo equivalent.
    For me about mmo's released in the last 5 years.... they're all freaking action combat mmo's and I hate that.

Nope, only WoW, I have played others for a few days or weeks but they get boring fast. Even WoW, it's been many years since I have been subbed all year. I am usually subbed for less than 6 months a year now.

I play less than one MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing ESO since I let my WoW time expire. I'll return to WoW when the pre-patch launches, but until then I'll focus on beating ESO. I have no intentions of actually playing ESO extensively, not a huge fan of how they handle end game. I'll probably dabble with dungeons and trials when I hit level 50 though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Im in the process of bouncing around and trying new ones and retrying old ones, but the main ones i play are BDO, FFXIV, and WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    14, ESO, GW2

I can easily play all 3 since 2 aren't v-progression and none have cancerous gearing methods which means my characters are always relevant and ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow and ESO, I've always been a fan of the elder scrolls.....can't wait for TES6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Wow and ESO, I've always been a fan of the elder scrolls.....can't wait for TES6.
    I just hope it has oblivion magic system, I hated equipping spells separately in morrowind and skyrim, oblivion magic was such an improvement. I hope the combat gets improvements too, the same old boring bullshit is kinda lame at this point. Make it more interactive like witcher at least, doesn't need to be over the top action combat but repeatedly just swinging a sword stationary is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played Classic WoW, retail WoW, Final Fantasy XIV and Oldschool Runescape at some point in the last week.

I tried it but it's impossible to keep up.

While i was playing WoW (BFA) i eventually got bored i started overlapping with ffxiv, after a while i dropped WoW, after roughly a year of ffxiv i re-subed a couple of times in WoW and played a bit, but due to the things we have already mentioned countless times i didn't have the stamina to keep up for long after the initial month.

When quarantine started i had more time at home, therefore i tried GW2 in parallel with ffxiv and now it is the only mmorpg that i play and i quite enjoy.

I play WoW since it has it has a massive budget behind it. But I mostly play Runescape these days. Even with simpler graphics and game engine, it is so much better designed compared to WoW. You never really run out of meaningful stuff to do, while in WoW people go raid logging.

Also tried ESO for a while, but quit as it's fail of a launcher wants you to re-download the entire game with every update. And there isn't really much endgame in ESO besides playing fashion and decorating your houses. Not to mention Pvp in that game is the most broken I've ever seen in any game ever. It's funny how people never bring that up.

I only play WoW and SWTOR as my two MMOs. I switch between them when I get bored with one. I am also subbed to both. I am only subbed to WoW continuously without any breaks (or maybe one or two break for a month or something in the past) in the past 15+ years while for SWTOR I recently subbed to restart playing a character that I had played more than an year ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I just hope it has oblivion magic system, I hated equipping spells separately in morrowind and skyrim, oblivion magic was such an improvement. I hope the combat gets improvements too, the same old boring bullshit is kinda lame at this point. Make it more interactive like witcher at least, doesn't need to be over the top action combat but repeatedly just swinging a sword stationary is boring.
    I loved Oblivon magic system, thank god for mods because Skyrim needed them badly.

I have to revisit my answer since Covid-19 brought with it a change in how I can play WoW. I can no longer commit to set times, thus I can't raid. And WoW without raiding to me is like coffee without cream. I'll drink it, but I won't enjoy it as much, and it'll feel rather muted.

Sooo I decided to dust off GW2 which I haven't played since 2016, and then I only had it installed long enough to delete a character that a hacker had leveled "for" me... thanks for ruining my first character, you ass.

Now I'm enjoying GW2 like there's no tomorrow. The mount system = the best I've ever encountered, the art style is still amazing, classes are fun and so on. I'll treat it as my go-to whenever WoW is in a lull. It's a fun game to collect customization in.

Hoping to be back and raiding in WoW soon though...

Oh I also want to specify that I don't raid at all in either games except LFR in WoW. Or do many mythic+s in WoW. I also mostly play SWTOR for the storylines.

Found a Warhammer Online private server that I've been playing recently. The PvP is pretty fun. Typically I bounce casually between WoW and FFXIV, but both games are in a lull atm. Used to play SWTOR, but lost interest after running through the stories. I have played Wildstar, Tera, BDO, but none of them really held my attention. Fun combat systems, but that was all they had going for them imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since quitting Classic WoW I don't play any so no.