10+ Year Old Account
    Huge a MAGA Hat today. It's been a rough day for them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Reddit finally banned r/The_Donald in their hate speech purges.

r/Chapotraphouse also was banned, but that's not Trump shitshow related.

Full list here https://www.redditstatic.com/banned-...-june-2020.txt
    Seeing the the_donald on the same list as cumtown, is gold... fucking beautiful...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Huge a MAGA Hat today. It's been a rough day for them.
    Yuge a MAGA today... don’t hug them... like, not even talking shit about spelling... those fuckers are contagious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Probably legally justified. At least the man is, as he isn't pointing it at anyone. The woman may not be legally justified, depending on what state they are in. She is actually pointing a gun at people, and as a general rule you are not allowed to stand on your own property and point guns at people who are not. The fact she clearly has no idea how to hold a gun makes it much more dangerous, that is an incredibly irresponsible way to hold a gun, and it is very fortunate she didn't hurt someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it kind of is, actually. Using a gun to protect your property and your person is an acceptable use of a gun. Now there doesn't seem to be any sort of serious threat to their property here, so they are being idiots, but the man at least is not aiming it at people. It is the wife recklessly pointing the handgun at everyone, including her husband that makes this probably illegal as well as stupid.

A staggering number of people like this are absolutely clueless as to the proper handling of firearms. They use them as a power fantasy, not as a deadly tool you actually have to train with. They don't learn how they function or how to use them, they just want to wave them at people, rendering them ineffective for defense, and also a danger to everyone around them.
    Yes. I should added more content, but her with her hand on hip while limply holding the gun is horrible. Not to QQ in here about guns too much but again, it is how easy we make it to buy a firearm with no proper training. Highly doubt she has never had any training and likely second time she has every held that firearm.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    FB is the last large platform where hate goes completely unchecked... They need to step up.
    I have someone on my Facebook, only because he is a Trump troll. He posts support for Trump, as a way to filter his friends list, since he is at the limit. I’m only his friend to take up that one spot, to save an unfortunate soul...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In all honesty, we as consumers should just make it clear that Facebook needs to die. Its administration has shown an actively malignant influence on social stability and anything they may do now would be too little too late. There are far more options now.
    It's malevolence was already known by its behavior in other countries, but this was the first time it hit a developed nation, much less a superpower.

Sadly, abandoning the platform ain't gonna cut it. FB isn't just FB, and you'd need to mobilize billions of people to collectively drop all their platforms while also doing everything they can and jumping through hoops to stop FB from scraping their data from everywhere.

The best path forward is to keep pressuring advertisers in the hope that hurting the bottom line enough will spark change, but realistically without some form of oversight/regulation it's unlikely much will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's malevolence was already known by its behavior in other countries, but this was the first time it hit a developed nation, much less a superpower.

Sadly, abandoning the platform ain't gonna cut it. FB isn't just FB, and you'd need to mobilize billions of people to collectively drop all their platforms while also doing everything they can and jumping through hoops to stop FB from scraping their data from everywhere.

The best path forward is to keep pressuring advertisers in the hope that hurting the bottom line enough will spark change, but realistically without some form of oversight/regulation it's unlikely much will change.
    Yeah. You not only need to ditch FB, but instagram and whatsapp too.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah. You not only need to ditch FB, but instagram and whatsapp too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ns_by_Facebook

A helluva lot more than that, and that's just for the public facing services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I'm waiting for Trump's stance on Zucky's new hate speech guidelines on Facebook now that "We are not arbiters" has digi-evolved into "We are arbiters if advertisers drop like flies" because as we all know there's nothing like losing 7 billions on one day to suddenly grow a social conscience.
    Facebook executives pleaded with Trump to tone down his post threatening violence against George Floyd protesters, report says

Facebook tried to persuade President Donald Trump to tone down the language in his May post that threatened violence against George Floyd protesters, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.

Sources familiar with the matter told The Post that Facebook executives called the White House to try to get the president to either tone down the aggressive language in the post — which said "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" — or delete it entirely. The Post did not identify the executives but described them as "deputies."

Sources also told The Post that CEO Mark Zuckerberg subsequently told Trump in a phone call that the post put Facebook in a difficult position. Axios reported on May 31 that Zuckerberg had called Trump, but it did not include details of the call.
    Links to WaPo and Axios citations.

Facebook is now facing allegations that they specifically wrote rules to allow Trump to use hate speech, encourage violence, and be blatantly racist and sexist in public without side effects like every other Terms of Service ignorer. Supposedly this goes back to when he started running. And this is costing them billions.

Facebook is hiding behind

While many Republicans think we should do one thing and many Democrats want us to the do just the opposite, our job is to create one common set of rules that applies equally to everyone. We don't believe Twitter, YouTube, Facebook or any technology company should determine what words people should or shouldn't see from their elected leaders in a democracy,
    Coca-Cola alone has cost Facebook over twice what Forbes says Trump is worth. At some point, they'll have to decide if being bent over and Zucked is worth it.

Hey, remember when courts decided that companies were people? Do you think this form of voting with money is what they thought would happen?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    May be possible that the GOP is pushing stories about Trump quiting so they can convince him to do it that way. Trump quiting by himself and Pence running after he Pardons him is probably their best case scenario to keep Trump's base while also letting Republican voters and woke independents get away with voting for their party of choice since Trump is no longer on the ticket.
    That might be the scenario they are trying to parse out. Trump can resign in the face of worsening/horrific polls saying "fake news" and "rigged election", and not have to face a potential landslide loss. He can then retain his base, get pardoned by Pence, launch his news channel, and continue to stay in the limelight (as he sees it).

Reddit finally banned r/The_Donald in their hate speech purges.

r/Chapotraphouse also was banned, but that's not Trump shitshow related.

Full list here https://www.redditstatic.com/banned-...-june-2020.txt
    So I found that out by reading this tweet: https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...50851063115776 and immediately went to reddit to actually read their post on it rather than scroll past, and as I was reading it, it suddenly sank in that Rick Wilson said, "Kek."

I demand an explanation.

ETA: Just realized that if I don't add that I mean an explanation about how he learned the word, someone will explain what kek means....
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Hey, remember when Susan Collins said "Not to worry, Kavanaugh will totally vote to protect women's rights"? Yeah, between that and "I'm sure Trump has learned his lesson" I'd say her days in the Senate are probably numbered.
    Outside of the Presidential election, Collins is my number one hope to lose her seat. She betrayed her gender and the american people with her confirmation vote (Kavanaugh actually questions whether or not tampons should be covered by health insurance).

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In before "Cancel Culture" rabble rabble rabble.

I wonder if Trump will tweet about it? Oh, and threaten with legal action.
    The GOP in congress had already threatened them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    tRump was on twitch?

no no no no... she ran over herself and then had a heartattack. The man in the car yelling racist slurs was only trying to help.
    We're seeing a replacement for tRump with TRE45ON.

I thought she died of food poisoning....

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Outside of the Presidential election, Collins is my number one hope to lose her seat. She betrayed her gender and the american people with her confirmation vote (Kavanaugh actually questions whether or not tampons should be covered by health insurance).
    Was just going to say something similar. What a useless, gullible, self-serving douche she is.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hug a MAGA Hat today. It's been a rough day for them.
    Lol, I can see it now, *hug* and then "I'm so sorry for your choices".

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    So I found that out by reading this tweet: https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...50851063115776 and immediately went to reddit to actually read their post on it rather than scroll past, and as I was reading it, it suddenly sank in that Rick Wilson said, "Kek."

I demand an explanation.

ETA: Just realized that if I don't add that I mean an explanation about how he learned the word, someone will explain what kek means....
    Rick Wilson is a pretty online guy and has a fairly solid understanding of internet culture and memes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The GOP in congress had already threatened them.

Good luck with that, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Was just going to say something similar. What a useless, gullible, self-serving douche she is.
    Indeed - and her Democratic contender looks like a real winner. Young[er], female, and she's pacing Collins right now in the polls. RealClear has it a statistical tie and fivethirtyeight really hasn't updated in awhile.

I hope Bloomberg slips Gideon $50M for her campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Rick Wilson is a pretty online guy and has a fairly solid understanding of internet culture and memes.
    Leave it to you to give the most level-headed, completely reasonable reply. Totally took the fun out of it, Edge!

The Lincoln Project has definitely tweeted out some pretty great memes, but I have cringed a few times--did you see the distracted boyfriend one, with the boyfriend as "swing states," the girlfriend as Trump, and the other woman as Biden? And they also did one tagging a bunch of Republican senators, referencing Trump's bounty treason, and then said, "You up?" Which....jonahhilldesist.gif.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed - and her Democratic contender looks like a real winner. Young[er], female, and she's pacing Collins right now in the polls. RealClear has it a statistical tie and fivethirtyeight really hasn't updated in awhile.

I hope Bloomberg slips Gideon $50M for her campaign.
    Have donated to her myself! A few zeroes shy of your Bloomberg suggestion, I admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    We're seeing a replacement for tRump with TRE45ON.
    I have the same problem with both. Their pronunciation is not markedly different then the base word. They really only exist in written form. It just doesn't seem catchy enough. After all, the other 42 Presidents were not treasonous, so the word "Treason" seems redundant with the "45". Only one of them really counts as a Traitor, as John Tyler fits the very literal definition. So 44 Presidents, and only 2 of them were traitors.

Still "TRE45ON" is funny to get Trump all bothered for a while.