Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well don't come at us with your shocked Pikachu faces, when the Nightborne and Blood Elves start getting friendly.

Night Elves only have themselves to blame. It's all their fault.
    "How dare you sneer at us the way we sneered even at the people helping our revolt? How dare you express legitimate concerns that we'll go right back to what we left only by being forced? To hell with all my character development, the Nightborne will rejoin the world as conquerors and help burn your civilians alive!"

Yeah, that kind of overreaction fits right in with the Horde writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "How dare you sneer at us the way we sneered even at the people helping our revolt? How dare you express legitimate concerns that we'll go right back to what we left only by being forced? To hell with all my character development, the Nightborne will rejoin the world as conquerors and help burn your civilians alive!"

Yeah, that kind of overreaction fits right in with the Horde writing.
    She insults the entire Elven army, including the High Elves. It's little wonder Vereesa stays away from her.
    It's all her fault for Nightborne going Horde, but thank heavens they did.

Well don't come at us with your shocked Pikachu faces, when the Nightborne and Blood Elves start getting friendly.

Night Elves only have themselves to blame. It's all their fault.
    Tyrande questioned Thalyssra's motives, which makes sense, considering the previous leader of the Nightborne sold them out to the Legion.

oh come on. they replace Teldrasil with Nordrasil ? how lame. replace one big world tree with another. heck, even half of the names are the same letters. a bit more inspiration would not kill Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Tyrande questioned Thalyssra's motives, which makes sense, considering the previous leader of the Nightborne sold them out to the Legion.
    Still all her fault.
    Instead of just getting on with it, she has to sticks jabs at Thalyssra, insinuating she's the next Azshara.

No, I'm sorry - the Nightborne dodged a bullet with the Alliance. Thank heavens for the Blood Elves.

Still all her fault.
    Instead of just getting on with it, she has to sticks jabs at Thalyssra, insinuating she's the next Azshara.

No, I'm sorry - the Nightborne dodged a bullet with the Alliance. Thank heavens for the Blood Elves.
    "Dodged a bullet", more like they backstabbed the Night Elves by joining the Horde and standing idle as Sylvanas burned down Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    It's a half-assed excuse for the gameplay decision, and it destroys Thalyssra's character entirely. Someone expresses a reasonable concern based on events that JUST HAPPENED, so instead of understanding and trying a little diplomacy herself, as was in character the whole campaign, fuck it, cutting all ties before we even really know anything about the outside world.

Nightborne also completely cheapened the BElves by being them with a better telling of their story, better version of their city, and better characters.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Darnassus, Silvermoon, and Exodar is that they were far from everything relevant. In vanilla, everyone was either in SW with its awful navigation and layout or in IF (as God intended), with SW propped up by Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer. From Cata onwards, they pushed everyone into SW and Org by putting everything relevant in those cities alone.
    Would that be that much different if they build a new Night Elf capital in Hyjal? Or even Ashenvale? I doubt it. Is Thunder Bluff that much more populated? Was Undercity much more frequented? I believe they put everything in Org or SW because everyone was already going there. For the buffs (Onyxia or Nefarian), for trade, for RP...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Would that be that much different if they build a new Night Elf capital in Hyjal? Or even Ashenvale? I doubt it. Is Thunder Bluff that much more populated? Was Undercity much more frequented? I believe they put everything in Org or SW because everyone was already going there. For the buffs (Onyxia or Nefarian), for trade, for RP...
    Everyone in vanilla was in Ironforge because it was much more convenient for all the main raids. SW was very forced at the time.

They put everything in those two cities because 1) Orcs and Humans 2) laziness.

I honestly don't expect any replacement for Darnassus. The undead reclaiming Undercity? Sure, and rebuilding it. Precedent, the trolls got the Echo Isles built up into a real city. The Gnomes got some tents outside Gnomeregan.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-06-29 at 10:57 PM.

Integrating the nighborne with the night elf would have not worked unless they would have give up on their aristocracy. The night elf army before Suramar was not smaller in a way you that you could make any real conclusion. But anyways... that stuff is offtopic.

Roleplayers would very much enjoy a new capital in Hyjal.
    Compared to Exodar and Darnassus the Hyjal portal spot would be a lot more central to Kalimdor (and there is already a portal to it)
    The place got both the Well of Eternity and Nordrassil as well as all the Wild God shrines around them.
    The place has a strong Kaldorei vibe to it and it would be nice to see Hyjal as the center of the Night Elf society just like the Zandalari got Zuldazar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Integrating the nighborne with the night elf would have not worked unless they would have give up on their aristocracy. The night elf army before Suramar was not smaller in a way you that you could make any real conclusion. But anyways... that stuff is offtopic.
    Those conflicts would have at least been interesting. As it is, NB are purple BElves and they get along just dandy.

Those conflicts would have at least been interesting. As it is, NB are purple BElves and they get along just dandy.
    I agree but writers wanted the Blood Elfs to have some purple friend since no one else in their faction fits with them together.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-30 at 12:30 AM.

Still all her fault.

I don’t know why that is considered a jab. Even in our real world history there have been many cases of those liberated to turn around be the next oppressor. Specially for a group that has shown to be not completely trust worthy. It’s a valid question and one we have learned all to well on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in vanilla was in Ironforge because it was much more convenient for all the main raids. SW was very forced at the time.

They put everything in those two cities because 1) Orcs and Humans 2) laziness.

I honestly don't expect any replacement for Darnassus. The undead reclaiming Undercity? Sure, and rebuilding it. Precedent, the trolls got the Echo Isles built up into a real city. The Gnomes got some tents outside Gnomeregan.
    Laziness? Of the game developers or the players? For exemple, if you wanted an item crafted, where would you have gone? In Darnassus or in Stormwind/Ironforge where you would have had more chance to find someone who would do the job for you?

I really doubt they will show a rebuilt Undercity/Lordaeron City for the Forsaken, for exactly the same reasons that there won't be any replacement for Darnassus. The only use of Darnassus or Undercity as capital cities are for low level characters. All high levels will end up in the new main hub for the expansion. As for the Echo Isles, it is not much a city as the Troll starting zone of the same level as the training grounds in Durotar. You leave it at about lvl 6. It has no bank, no AH, no profession trainers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

Roleplayers would very much enjoy a new capital in Hyjal.
    Compared to Exodar and Darnassus the Hyjal portal spot would be a lot more central to Kalimdor (and there is already a portal to it)
    The place got both the Well of Eternity and Nordrassil as well as all the Wild God shrines around them.
    The place has a strong Kaldorei vibe to it and it would be nice to see Hyjal as the center of the Night Elf society just like the Zandalari got Zuldazar.
    Is RP still even a thing? I mean, I have nothing against it, I did some RP. There was a time when there was not a day without some ceremony, wedding, story or poetry telling nights. But now? Oh, and most Night Elf RP I saw was in the Park of Stormwind... I really doubt they will build a new city just for some RPers. Well, maybe they could add two or three buildings around Nordrassil, have a quest there and call it a "capital."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Laziness? Of the game developers or the players?
    Unless the players can suddenly add portals, expansion related characters and utility to a city, obviously dev laziness.

For exemple, if you wanted an item crafted, where would you have gone? In Darnassus or in Stormwind/Ironforge where you would have had more chance to find someone who would do the job for you?
    Are you just ignoring my point? IF was popular due to the proximity to the raids. SW had people for the dragon buffs, but was far less crowded due to the poor layout and greater travel time to the raids and endgame dungeons.

The popularity was NOT organic, it was based on efficiency. Had Darn or SW been closest to the raids and dungeons, they'd have been the most populous.

From Cata onwards, Blizzard only made updates to SW, such as portals to new zones, breadcrumb quests for those zones, and so on. Again, the seeming popularity had nothing to do with people's preferences and everything to do with efficiency.

Developers chose the locations of everything. Developers chose to only update SW. Players responded to those choices.

3+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention, she calls them "Mana Addicts" behind their backs.
    What a way to greet these people, Tyrande. Not only do you insult the natives who are in a desperate situation, you also indirectly insult your colleagues in the High Elves and your tense colleagues in the Blood Elves
    warcraft 3 purists will never accept this as canon
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Still all her fault.

Well, these heavenly elves also didn't hesitated to outright lie about night elves involvement in the history to paint them bad. We can do it with any race, let's try it with blood elves: They hid themselves in their enchanted homeland, not taking part in anything that happened in the world (on the contrary to night elves, who fought satyr and qiraji in Kalimdor, they died to imprison Old God) get themselves killed by trolls, invited humans to safe them, and while they were saved, abandoned their duties to the Alliance. Not very reliable ally, that is.

Tyrande was completely right to express her concerns. Yes, she could do it in more polite and diplomatic way, but Tyrande was never shown to be good at diplomacy, she was always harsh person who speaks her mind immediately. Nightborne also had lot of development with night elves, especially considering the whole arcan'dor story. In the end, it was a night elf druid who provided salvation for their people. Blood elves would never be able to help them in the way he did. Thalyssra herself would be forever damned to eat mana or wither away.

You know, I understand Nightborne went to the Horde. Blood elves display much more close culture to them, so that is major point of their friendship. Blizzard showing us that Nightborne joined the Horde because Tyrande's sharp words and blood elves telling half-truths to them does not really make great servise to the Shal'dorei. It made them being quite hypocrital, since all of this "we rejoin the world as defenders, not conquerors" was really ridiculuous while they join the faction which genocide their brethren and then go to merciless conquest over the said faction which also contributed its resources to help nightfallen rebellion. It definitely damaged Thalyssra as they portraited her in Legion, and whole of Nightborne.

In the end, it's still most likely that Nightborne were at first meant to be Alliance (nightborne females saying they would date Tyrande in their /silly or /flirt I believe), but that got changed in order to introduce void elves on the Alliance, so they probably did not want to have two elf allied races on the same faction.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-06-30 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    warcraft 3 purists will never accept this as canon
    Why not? It is very in line with Wc3 Tyrande especially her short temper and judge-mental attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why not? It is very in line with Wc3 Tyrande especially her short temper and judge-mental attitude.
    WC3 Tyrande showed compassion towards blood elves, deciding to help them even though it delayed her mission, and did not displayed any sign of mistrust towards them. It was Maiev who was not fond of them at all, especially after they teamed up with Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    WC3 Tyrande showed compassion towards blood elves, deciding to help them even though it delayed her mission, and did not displayed any sign of mistrust towards them. It was Maiev who was not fond of them at all, especially after they teamed up with Illidan.
    Don't ignore reign of chaos, and Tyrande mainly did it because she thought she owed them.