Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In the ongoihohoh heeheehee *cough* the ongoing attehehehehHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry HAHAHAH I just can't HAHAHAHA

Iran issues arrest warrant for Trump, requests Interpol's help

I HAHAHHAHA I mean HAHAHAHA what the hell does Iran think will happen? "Oh let's just arrest the leader of the United States! Interpol, go!" HAHAHAHAHA I meHAHHAHAHA I mean, do they think this will work? This won't even make Trump mad.

HAHAHAhahaha...hee hee...oh man...that's just hilarious.
    Well, I assume this stays with him when he’s no longer president, so he won’t be able to go to Europe to visit his golf courses or hotels.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/polit...rns/index.html

news comes out trump is incompetent and foreign leaders are walking over us
    republicans on this form ( in other threads) : "buT the SjWs!!, and StaTuEs

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN dropping a hammer on Trump.

CNN: From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials
    In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

The calls caused former top Trump deputies -- including national security advisers H.R. McMaster and John Bolton, Defense Secretary James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and White House chief of staff John Kelly, as well as intelligence officials -- to conclude that the President was often "delusional," as two sources put it, in his dealings with foreign leaders. The sources said there was little evidence that the President became more skillful or competent in his telephone conversations with most heads of state over time. Rather, he continued to believe that he could either charm, jawbone or bully almost any foreign leader into capitulating to his will, and often pursued goals more attuned to his own agenda than what many of his senior advisers considered the national interest.

These officials' concerns about the calls, and particularly Trump's deference to Putin, take on new resonance with reports the President may have learned in March that Russia had offered the Taliban bounties to kill US troops in Afghanistan -- and yet took no action. CNN's sources said there were calls between Putin and Trump about Trump's desire to end the American military presence in Afghanistan but they mentioned no discussion of the supposed Taliban bounties.

By far the greatest number of Trump's telephone discussions with an individual head of state were with Erdogan, who sometimes phoned the White House at least twice a week and was put through directly to the President on standing orders from Trump, according to the sources. Meanwhile, the President regularly bullied and demeaned the leaders of America's principal allies, especially two women: telling Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom she was weak and lacked courage; and telling German Chancellor Angela Merkel that she was "stupid."

Trump incessantly boasted to his fellow heads of state, including Saudi Arabia's autocratic royal heir Mohammed bin Salman and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, about his own wealth, genius, "great" accomplishments as President, and the "idiocy" of his Oval Office predecessors, according to the sources.

In his conversations with both Putin and Erdogan, Trump took special delight in trashing former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama and suggested that dealing directly with him -- Trump -- would be far more fruitful than during previous administrations. "They didn't know BS," he said of Bush and Obama -- one of several derisive tropes the sources said he favored when discussing his predecessors with the Turkish and Russian leaders.

The full, detailed picture drawn by CNN's sources of Trump's phone calls with foreign leaders is consistent with the basic tenor and some substantive elements of a limited number of calls described by former national security adviser John Bolton in his book, "The Room Where It Happened." But the calls described to CNN cover a far longer period than Bolton's tenure, are much more comprehensive — and seemingly more damning -- in their sweep.

Like Bolton, CNN's sources said that the President seemed to continually conflate his own personal interests -- especially for purposes of re-election and revenge against perceived critics and political enemies -- with the national interest.

To protect the anonymity of those describing the calls for this report, CNN will not reveal their job titles nor quote them at length directly. More than a dozen officials either listened to the President's phone calls in real time or were provided detailed summaries and rough-text recording printouts of the calls soon after their completion, CNN's sources said. The sources were interviewed by CNN repeatedly over a four-month period extending into June.

The sources did cite some instances in which they said Trump acted responsibly and in the national interest during telephone discussions with some foreign leaders. CNN reached out to Kelly, McMaster and Tillerson for comment and received no response as of Monday afternoon. Mattis did not comment.

The White House had not responded to a request for comment as of Monday afternoon.

One person familiar with almost all the conversations with the leaders of Russia, Turkey, Canada, Australia and western Europe described the calls cumulatively as 'abominations' so grievous to US national security interests that if members of Congress heard from witnesses to the actual conversations or read the texts and contemporaneous notes, even many senior Republican members would no longer be able to retain confidence in the President.
    ...and it goes on from there.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

JUST IN: Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says

We all know he is covering it up. This is tragically funny, when you keep thinking this guy cant have any more scandals that get worse.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    JUST IN: Intelligence on Russian bounty plot was included in the President's Daily Brief earlier this year, source says

We all know he is covering it up. This is tragically funny, when you keep thinking this guy cant have any more scandals that get worse.
    I mean did anyone really think he wasn't lying about it? Even his robots knew
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

His best defense could be he didn't bother to pay attention to the briefing because he has no attention span for topics that aren't about Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know he is covering it up.
    Almost certainly. Without a witness and evidence, our knowledge is irrelevant. Trump being complicit as Russians hire Taliban terrorist assassins against US targets must be proven, not known.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    His best defense could be he didn't bother to pay attention to the briefing because he has no attention span.
    Let him try that shit during an election. "Trump 2020: I Might Pay Attention This Time"

His best defense could be he didn't bother to pay attention to the briefing because he has no attention span.
    The good ol' "I'm too stupid to commit treason" defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let him try that shit during an election. "Trump 2020: I Might Pay Attention This Time"
    That's still something. When Hannity gave him a softball question about his 2nd term plans, he had NOTHING.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I mean did anyone really think he wasn't lying about it? Even his robots knew
    No one who hasn't been chugging the kool-aid for the past 3+ years. Trump is almost incapable of doing anything but lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The good ol' "I'm too stupid to commit treason" defense.
    Hanlon's razor.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Trump is a total asshat, but it's hard to believe he is actually malicious most of the time. Just an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hanlon's razor.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Trump is a total asshat, but it's hard to believe he is actually malicious most of the time. Just an idiot.
    His interests all lie in his personal interests, that's still pretty malicious. Even if he's also stupid.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    CNN dropping a hammer on Trump.

CNN: From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials
    One person familiar with almost all the conversations with the leaders of Russia, Turkey, Canada, Australia and western Europe described the calls cumulatively as 'abominations' so grievous to US national security interests that if members of Congress heard from witnesses to the actual conversations or read the texts and contemporaneous notes, even many senior Republican members would no longer be able to retain confidence in the President.
    ...and it goes on from there.
    And the shit show continues....

Woodward has a second book on Trump coming out soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    His interests all lie in his personal interests, that's still pretty malicious. Even if he's also stupid.
    Now that I think about it, I suppose you are right. He is rather obviously using the presidential powers to make himself richer.

50/50 with maliciousness and stupidity. Final offer!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Worth noting on the CNN article, it's written by Carl Bernstein.

You know, the other Watergate guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Woodward has a second book on Trump coming out soon.
    Woodward and Bernstein, at it again.

Does anyone else have "The Boys Are Back in Town" running through their head right now?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yeah, just reinforces what we know and what we know is sad and effin scary. Trump is a moron, a person who doesn't understand anything. We elected the most unqualified person possibly every. There were so many signs yet voters chose to still vote for this man. I always give credit to the "sensible" Republican who were not voting for his bigotry and xenophobia. But I guess those tax breaks were worth it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Twitch Suspends Trump’s Channel for ‘Hateful Conduct'

Edit: Don't get your hopes up, it wasn't Twitter.

Trump is really having a bad week, now how are all of the cultists going.to watch Trump pwn the libs in Counterstrike.

Final numbers might not be in but I don't expect much change...

For an expected "underreport" day, it's still pretty bad. Again.

Just under 45k new cases with new records in California (*sigh* I'm disappointed, CA), Tennessee and Alabama. Georgia pretty much matched their record from yesterday. Texas also came within a few dozen of matching their highest. The other usual states also posted pretty bad numbers, but for the most part they've been mitigated by it being a "lull" day.

Fuck Florida.

Bearing all of this in mind, there's a good chance the US will top 50k new daily cases in the next couple days unless things have peaked before the weekend.

Recorded COVID-19 deaths were not significantly lower than the previous Monday and it does continue to appear that the declining death rates are leveling off to around 600 on average per day. I expect this to change in the upcoming week or so as the huge number of new cases begin to experience complications and some struggling healthcare facilities start having to make hard choices.

Wear your fucking masks outside, people. It won't protect you against other elements of this TRUMP SHITSHOW, but you will be helping save each other's lives, at least.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    His best defense could be he didn't bother to pay attention to the briefing because he has no attention span for topics that aren't about Donald Trump.
    Which is probably actually true. Which is why I doubt he will claim it. Every source we have says that his "Presidential Daily Briefings" are not Presidential, not Daily, and not Briefings. They are at best watered down coloring books with his name on every page to keep his attention, and they happen once or twice a week. He also talks for most of the briefing, about random and disconnected subjects.

Yes, I know all these sources are dishonest toadies who he has fired. Yes, I know they are all unredeemable liars. However this sounds so much like Trump, and is so consistent across all sources, it would frankly be shocking if it wasn't true.

Instead he will probably continue to insist it was never in his briefings, and since there is literally zero chance of any PBD ever being declassified, he can't really be called on it.