No mask yet... But blood sucker with EP = endless armor. That's going with harmony of course and the grudge for hugs from my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkobi View Post
    No mask yet... But blood sucker with EP = endless armor. That's going with harmony of course and the grudge for hugs from my team.
    EP? The vile mask is a drop you unlock by leveling to 90 in season. Doesn't take much, spam events and stuff with some directives.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EP? The vile mask is a drop you unlock by leveling to 90 in season. Doesn't take much, spam events and stuff with some directives.
    yes I'm aware just saying I don't have it yet but even without it using blood sucker is still pretty strong for sustain.

yes I'm aware just saying I don't have it yet but even without it using blood sucker is still pretty strong for sustain.
    Ok, got it. My idea for a shotgun/close quarters build was to use 4 Foundry pieces so i'll have all the regen i need. I'd really like to see if i can reach a decent amount of hazard protection to stay in the open for longer and use safely the special ammo directive.

For solo play using matador with intimidate and dark winter and ems guard with about 40is % crit but don't have a lot chd so it's not ideal. Might switch out the guard for grudge and use hive + trap combo. Get a kill to buff chd with grudge then swap to dark winter til vindictive falls off.

Side note: we also discovered that Directive now doesn't give you a flat amount of bullets but actually refills your holstered weapon
    The holstered weapon? As in the one you're not currently firing with?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The holstered weapon? As in the one you're not currently firing with?
    Yeah, my bad - the one you're using. Point is that it refills the weapon so you can safely use any kind of weapon.

Also it seems it checks only the base magazine - if you have an extended mag on a rifle for example, bringing the max capacity to 20 from 15, it gives you only 15 bullets.

DtA work with skills?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Whats the effective range on shotguns then?

I tried to dabble a bit into the Badger set, but found I only got decent results from point-blank headshots which got me way too exposed and close to (groups) of enemies.

On a side note, been switching around AR's for a while now, must say the Famas is also becoming a favorite of mine.
    It was a really sweet gun in Div1, still holds up very well amongst the other AR's. Lovely accuracy.

The Chameleon will be your bff then

10+ Year Old Account
    The Chameleon will be your bff then
    Tried the Chameleon, didn't like the ramp-up time. My other AR's are much more frontloaded on damage.

I only play solo with the Negotiators Dilemma set, playstyle is prrt prrt 3 targets and unload on one, mostly killing all 3 at the same time in 1 or 2 clips. When I did that with the Chameleon I found that I had to reload more often than when using a Famas/MK16/M4.

Potentially Chameleon does more damage but most of my engagements are already over before the buff is fully utilized.

Also I think the hit registration is a bit bonkers just like Striker' set issues. I mean, I tried it in the shooting range with a target at point blank range and it sometimes takes way more than 60 bullets fired to get to bodyshots buff.

Question - did anyone tried skill duration mods for status effects build? Wanted to know if it works only with things like hive/chem launcher or also with things like Pestilence dot or special bullets bleeds etc.

For Pestilence specifically, the damage of the dot is counted into skill damage at the end mission recap, so it seems it should be.

I also just realized how my Directive pieces basically suck so i have to farm them all again (only really good one is the Mask which is capped but i won't use).

Question - did anyone tried skill duration mods for status effects build? Wanted to know if it works only with things like hive/chem launcher or also with things like Pestilence dot or special bullets bleeds etc.

For Pestilence specifically, the damage of the dot is counted into skill damage at the end mission recap, so it seems it should be.

I also just realized how my Directive pieces basically suck so i have to farm them all again (only really good one is the Mask which is capped but i won't use).
    IIRC skill duration only effects how long deployables stau out. Status Effects only increase duration with the status effect attribute.

Im by no means an expert, so I could be wrong. And they could have changed it with TU10.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of Ongoing Directive and Pestilence: Are you using Vile with it? It seems like a natural fit.

Legendary on the other hand still seems unchanged und highly unfair with countless rushers

On the topic of Ongoing Directive and Pestilence: Are you using Vile with it? It seems like a natural fit.
    Yeah that was the idea - you getting 1 skill tier which is as useful as it can be and lose a 15%wd, but i assume that the bleeds and vile damage will compensate quite a lot. Also Directive has both wd and status effect.

I was just wondering since Directive comes with yellow mods slots if i could make some use of them or i would just reroll them. Though honestly it's just two rolls that i cannot put anything really good into (even crit kinda sucks because it would be only a 10-12% and dots/skills don't crit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderOgden View Post
    Legendary on the other hand still seems unchanged und highly unfair with countless rushers
    I tried some of them, never finished them, cannot care less honestly. It's literally cheese fighting cheese - damage over the top, super aggressive AI, drone spam, etc. Before you made everything useless with constant CC, not it's all about having turrets/drones do the job for you and turtling/fleeing/going back.

To me it's literally the opposite of engaging gameplay.
    EDIT: also given how much hp enemies have, sustained dmg builds are just better. If anything, healers have a place in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to bother with Legendary. The timespend/reward just isnt there.

In Division 1 it was fun trying to solo them. Finished all of them as a duo. Was really fun to do. Div2 legendary, not so much.

Oh yeah, i'm gonna do them for the cosmetics then never again. I like the raid much much more, there's actually coordination and mechanics to play, they've been interesting fights in the past one (as and fps can make use of those). Hopefully the new one is like the first, and not something like "this guy does all fire damage, all need a 100% hazard protection so we're immune to his damage".

Fun fact is that right now the game pace is really good to me. Legendaries are really a drag and nothing more (but fortunately they're just optional).

Oh yeah, i'm gonna do them for the cosmetics then never again. I like the raid much much more, there's actually coordination and mechanics to play, they've been interesting fights in the past one (as and fps can make use of those). Hopefully the new one is like the first, and not something like "this guy does all fire damage, all need a 100% hazard protection so we're immune to his damage".

Fun fact is that right now the game pace is really good to me. Legendaries are really a drag and nothing more (but fortunately they're just optional).
    I would REALLY like it if they took the creativity with puzzles and other mechanics and applied them to regular 1-4 man content.

Legendaries are a fine example of what NOT to do it increase difficulty for content: Just turn up the HP, damage, and number of enemies. Legendary should involve more complex encounters, with more objectives than just "hur dur dur! Kill all the enemies! Oh yeah...hur hur! All the enemies are super-soldiers!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it before, bring back Incursions! :-D

Having 8-man content in a game with such fluctuating concurrent player numbers is just a waste, imho. It would be justified if 100k's of people where playing the game but thats not the case.

Four-man Incursions sounds like a much more worthwhile development investment for the % of players able to participate in them.

Yeah that was the idea - you getting 1 skill tier which is as useful as it can be and lose a 15%wd, but i assume that the bleeds and vile damage will compensate quite a lot. Also Directive has both wd and status effect.

I was just wondering since Directive comes with yellow mods slots if i could make some use of them or i would just reroll them. Though honestly it's just two rolls that i cannot put anything really good into (even crit kinda sucks because it would be only a 10-12% and dots/skills don't crit)..
    I think the idea is to maybe have you put skill duration mods into those slots. Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure those don't effect bleed duration. Then again, the entire gear mod section of the game sucks giant donkey balls for anything besides red. Go figure, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I've said it before, bring back Incursions! :-D

Having 8-man content in a game with such fluctuating concurrent player numbers is just a waste, imho. It would be justified if 100k's of people where playing the game but thats not the case.

Four-man Incursions sounds like a much more worthwhile development investment for the % of players able to participate in them.
    They're too busy chasing the trends set by other games instead of setting the trends of their own game. Raids are something copied from big MMORPGs and Destiny. Look at how many resources were put into this newest raid: Twitch for drops, a cinematic, set pieces, two exotics, cosmetics, the emphasis on "world first"(as though anyone actually cares), story, and all of TU10's bug fixes and balancing having to be done before the raid release. Oh....and at the cost of season 2 basically being copy/paste of season 1 because all the focus is on the raid instead of game-wide content.

I really hope this new raids bombs hard, and the game's participation and activity drop dramatically after the few big clans and streamers get their loot and never return. I want it to go down in flames so hard that the leadership at Massive physically slaps anyone that even mentions the word "raid" in public.

Maybe then they'll get back to doing what makes The Division good, instead of trying to shoehorn in what makes other games good.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-06-30 at 01:06 PM.

-snip-
    Actually, raid participation is very high and has been through all the expansion. I did it around 80 or 90 times and i didn't play a lot, and also have never seen the EB

The funniest part is that despite it being 8 player it's actually easier to organize than legendaries. Also, while builds are important, the way fights are done are all about execution and not perfect gear. My team tried some speed runs and we managed to do it in the realm of 20 minutes or so.

Really. While i agree that having gear locked behind the raid isn't stellar, the raid is actually more accessible than legendaries.

Actually, raid participation is very high and has been through all the expansion. .
    Based on what info? Where do you get this data? I strongly suspect that without the raid-locked gear the raid would be far less played. There are people who STILL don't have an Eagle Bearer.

And besides, they could take the good elements of raiding, and put it into regular 1-4 man content, and lose absolutely nothing. As I said: Focusing on what makes the division good instead of copy/pasting other games.