Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're also completely fixed. He throws them in the exact same locations every single fight. There's nothing random about any of the CCs in Visions.
    Did I imply they weren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    How is walking into a trap he places on the pull in the same 3 spots every time "RNG"?
    Trap placement + ring timing + boar timing. There's, what, 4 knockbacks, and at least 3 sets of disorients in a kill? Traps aren't even an issue by themselves. You can eat a stun and die, or risk standing in everything and losing all sanity in a handful of seconds.

If you don't have your revive for Rexxar, the run becomes infinitely more difficult.

Oddly, 5 Masks for Stormwind is far easier, though Alleria is tedious due to the low windows of damage for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Trap placement + ring timing + boar timing.
    Boars are not random, they spawn depending on Rexxars health so don't go all in to get boars at once, dps slowly and kill them off after another.

What do you mean by ring timing?

Trap placement + ring timing + boar timing. There's, what, 4 knockbacks, and at least 3 sets of disorients in a kill? Traps aren't even an issue by themselves. You can eat a stun and die, or risk standing in everything and losing all sanity in a handful of seconds.

If you don't have your revive for Rexxar, the run becomes infinitely more difficult.

Oddly, 5 Masks for Stormwind is far easier, though Alleria is tedious due to the low windows of damage for her.
    This isn't random, too, though.

Funny thing some people don't really know the meaning of random /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Boars are not random, they spawn depending on Rexxars health so don't go all in to get boars at once, dps slowly and kill them off after another.

What do you mean by ring timing?
    Probably the madness that spawns the ring of mirrorimages.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Did I imply they weren't?
    There's only two ways you can get hit by the traps. One, you walk into them. Two, you stand in the wrong place and the super tiny knockback the piggies do when they first activate and charge at you. Either of those are on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Traps always go in the same place, the boars come out at health percentages. So... stop dpsing Rexxar when you get the purple glow so the piggie's tiny knockback doesn't punt you into the ring and/or a a trap, let it fade, continue. Rexxar is a control fight.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Visions are horrible... but I still do a weekly 5 mask on 6 characters for 470 gear.

My biggest issue with them however, are some of the combos we face. I can 5 mask clear with no orbs used and cheat death still available... I can also get stun locked from full sanity to zero, proc cheat death, still stunlocked, zero sanity, dead by making a single mistake on trash.

It’s very class/spec dependant but some of the double madness combos, in tight areas, with the certain mobs can just be a cluster.

Yes yes, git gud. Doesn’t mean the content isn’t poorly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's only two ways you can get hit by the traps. One, you walk into them. Two, you stand in the wrong place and the super tiny knockback the piggies do when they first activate and charge at you. Either of those are on you.
    I agree? Why are you quoting me to tell me what I already know? I wasn't implying that the traps are some random RNG mechanic.

3 sets of disorients in a kill? Pretty sure I've never had more than 1. Just pull him into an orb you drop at the entrance and stay there the entire time. Nowhere near the traps and you can just let the knockback push you into a wall(or just go closer to the direction the boar is coming from so it doesn't knock you into the Split Personality ring). You also have full control over boar timing. So the only "RNG" is the Split Personality, and even that gives you a few seconds of warning before it spawns.

As people have pointed out, it's nothing out of the ordinary to full clear with every chest/crystal without using cheat or any orbs. You don't need anything special for Rexxar, just play the fight properly instead of blaming RNG.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I hate is when you do proc cheat death, your char is basically frozen for 2 seconds or so.....on lesser geared chars that really can mess you up. For rexxar, depending on the class I'm using I'll either just pop everything and zerg or dps til 80%, kill a boar and *hopefully* proc gift, but sometimes it doesn't proc so you just have to wait for the next. I agree that SW is easier though, just finished a 5 mask on my 450 alt monk, and procced cheat death in first zone lol but still just managed it!

Oh and regards to RNG, there is atleast some RNG this week, moving out of a mechanic which then forces you to jump...and you land right onto the shadow mob that literally just spawned, actually zero counter to that (Aside from certain class abilities)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2020-06-30 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Only thing I hate is when you do proc cheat death, your char is basically frozen for 2 seconds or so.....on lesser geared chars that really can mess you up. For rexxar, depending on the class I'm using I'll either just pop everything and zerg or dps til 80%, kill a boar and *hopefully* proc gift, but sometimes it doesn't proc so you just have to wait for the next. I agree that SW is easier though, just finished a 5 mask on my 450 alt monk, and procced cheat death in first zone lol but still just managed it!

Oh and regards to RNG, there is atleast some RNG this week, moving out of a mechanic which then forces you to jump...and you land right onto the shadow mob that literally just spawned, actually zero counter to that (Aside from certain class abilities)
    There is a counter: watch your screen. You get a warning before it happens.
    What forced jump do you mean, actually? I don't recall any stormwind mechanic that forces a jump. The only jumps are the madness ones, but these dont occur in the zones where you get the circle.
    And what do you mean with "wait for the next boar"? They engage on fixed %.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-30 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it's pretty easy (outside bad rng) i can do 5 masks with gear solely from visions (haven't stepped foot in a mythic dungeon or raid during bfa) my only annoyance with it is that i don't like being "timed" with the sanity. If it was a pure timer that would be better as i really hate having to eg slow down so i can get the buff before certain bosses.

Note worthy though i hate umbric and his slow + polymorph + burning bridge...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2020-06-30 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...I can not even describe how concept of horrific vissions is poor, horrible and annoying. How the fck jumping, running like moron, loosing control of your char, can be fun for somebody is beyond me. That type of things have nothing with skills and good and smart gameplay. It is annoying and stupid as fck. If I want playing that kind of shit, I will turn on shity nintento and play shity mario games or whatever they called....

P.S just for information, from long time ago I have all mounts, pets, toys, mog items, title and all achivments, so it is not that I am noob, just think concept is bad and not fun at all!!!...
    Big D for Doubt there

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    There is a counter: watch your screen. You get a warning before it happens.
    What forced jump do you mean, actually? I don't recall any stormwind mechanic that forces a jump. The only jumps are the madness ones, but these dont occur in the zones where you get the circle.
    And what do you mean with "wait for the next boar"? They engage on fixed %.
    He's not talking about the circle, he's talking about the Thing from Beyond-like one that stuns you if you walk into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post

This is probably the worst part of visions. Like if it actually worked properly and triggered immediately when you move, that'd be fine, but it's so inconsistent that you can't really play around it. It's not "when you move you'll jump in that direction immediately", it's more like "at some point in the next 10 seconds you move you'll randomly jump in the direction you're moving(or the direction you just stopped moving)"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Like it's pretty easy (outside bad rng) i can do 5 masks with gear solely from visions (haven't stepped foot in a mythic dungeon or raid during bfa) my only annoyance with it is that i don't like being "timed" with the sanity. If it was a pure timer that would be better as i really hate having to eg slow down so i can get the buff before certain bosses.

At this point you aren't anymore, so I guess that's "solved", even if it was an issue for some people initially.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I learnt it's about adapting and juggling the odds of failure and success, learning through failure and repetition. Like most roguelite games it's actually fun but it is jarring to get used to in wow with so many mechanics and systems to familiarize yourself with going from normal instanced gameplay. It's satisfying once you start getting a handle on it and become remotely succesful though
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

He's not talking about the circle, he's talking about the Thing from Beyond-like one that stuns you if you walk into it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably the worst part of visions. Like if it actually worked properly and triggered immediately when you move, that'd be fine, but it's so inconsistent that you can't really play around it. It's not "when you move you'll jump in that direction immediately", it's more like "at some point in the next 10 seconds you move you'll randomly jump in the direction you're moving(or the direction you just stopped moving)"

- - - Updated - - -

At this point you aren't anymore, so I guess that's "solved", even if it was an issue for some people initially.
    Yeah. When you can do 5 mask runs sanity is no longer the problem whatsoever. Survival becomes a thing though.

Even my blood dk sometimes has issues in that regard

I can't imagine ANYONE getting hit by it, as you simply walk in another direction (= jump in this direction via fire-madness). I've never ever getting hit by this with way more than 150 finished visions (5x R15 cloak, DK maxed cloak+100k mount + many more Mentos). This shadow-madness does not spawn that much at all. One can have some missing luck, but this shouldn't be something that happens often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Only use kick on his poly (if you have one, ofc - my Pally is holy-only and yeah...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah. When you can do 5 mask runs sanity is no longer the problem whatsoever. Survival becomes a thing though.

Even my blood dk sometimes has issues in that regard
    Totally this. Even my bdk used ghoul goulash (% heal/sec) when he started doing higher masked runs. Not anymore, tho.
    The only character that isn't using any goulash at all is my DH - every other used, at some point, goulash.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-06-30 at 02:29 PM.

Just had my first 5 mask Vision wipe in Stormwind. So I use a Heroic Leap on cursor position macro, you just point where you wanna go and it leaps without needing to position and click the circle. Well I targeted a bridge with an eye on it, same thing I've done countless times.. It leaps me into the water just infront of the bridge, get into combat with the eye and also the walls are too high to jump out and I just died, unable to move away with a grasping tendril as the icing on the cake.

Stuff like this is annoying, Heroic leap goes wonky and an entire 25min run is lost, a 460 item in the bin and losing 2000+ momentos. Could never have predicted something like that in a million years.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Easy fix: failed run spawns a box that gives you back the vessel but if you take it you can't open the normal boxes.
    Do I detect some... FUN?

As casual, solo player I can say horrific visions are best WoW content since beta in 2004. If you not touch any raiding or mythic plus dungeons making progress and getting success on 5 mask run is extremely challenging and slow process. But it feels so good when you finally have it done. 5 mask overlapping mechanic are annoying if you dont understand and practise a lot, but after some time you will be rewarded for smart play. Almost nothing is RNG, everything is experience, timing, mental preparation. I simply love horrific visions. For casual getting 470 loot is also extremely satisfying. Overall I rate this content 10/10
    Last edited by Hibiki; 2020-07-03 at 02:14 PM.

I don't mind visions much except for the one thing that completely and totally tilts me - lag. You get lagged at the wrong time - i.e. you don't move out of some mechanic - and the run is over.

And, sure, the difference between running as BM hunter and running as some of the weaker specs is truly abysmal, but it's not like they couldn't tune that somewhat, since tanks and healers already get different tuning.