10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I mean you could go to the singers web site and to the web site of his tour..

it's just that daily mail is a tabloid and i like to use something other than a tabloid for my info.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...re-as-it-seems

Not looking great right now in certain areas of California. Also, California recorded far and away their biggest single day increase of cases today, 8328. It kind of blows my mind that at these kinds of numbers people still won't take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post

Not looking great right now in certain areas of California. Also, California recorded far and away their biggest single day increase of cases today, 8328. It kind of blows my mind that at these kinds of numbers people still won't take it seriously.
    They don't care. Their selfish and self centered. They don't care that they get someone sick. They don't care if they kill someone as a result. They only care about themselves and how it impacts them. Stores shut down? Demand they reopen because they want them to. Screw the reason why they shut down to begin with.

Seems I wasn't able to dodge it forever. My family, very stupidly, threw a party. Not shockingly, someone there has tested positive for covid. Now I may have second hand exposure since some of the ones who may have been exposed live in the same house. This blows.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Working 2 jobs, and this past week management at each job has notified us that an employee on premise was diagnosed COVID positive.

FML.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

5.5 million people have recovered from coronavirus worldwide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    *snip* The decline can only continue if people don't act like idiots. And apparently NJ thinks enough people are acting like idiots to roll back some of the reopening.
    Christ, I'd kill for leadership like that here in Florida. Ron DeSantis is a screw up of massive proportions. Dumbass was boasting about what a great job he did last month, too. You have to wonder if anyone ever told him to not tempt fate.

It still baffles me why conservatives in the US have turned masks and social distancing into a politicial issue, too; the former more than the latter, granted, but it's the least people can do to try and slow the spread of the virus. My county in Florida enacted a mask requirement last week. I was wearing a mask every time I went out before that, I try to keep my distance and the Publix I go to most often finally had some hand sanitizer in stock so I snapped up a few travel sized bottles for myself and my parents to take when they go out shopping.

It pisses me off that there are so many people who refuse to make the small sacrifice of wearing a mask while they are out and about shopping. Being temporarily uncomfortable wearing a mask is a vastly preferable alternative to potentially dying of COVID-19.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Greece fines started flying for any beach bar that did not keep proper distances. Large fines and two weeks closure. Hope it drives the point home
    Hopefully - but the risk with a two week closure is two-fold: people instead go to another beach bar, and then that one become over-crowded, etc, and authorities might be reluctant to deal out such a heavy penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Christ, I'd kill for leadership like that here in Florida. Ron DeSantis is a screw up of massive proportions. Dumbass was boasting about what a great job he did last month, too. You have to wonder if anyone ever told him to not tempt fate.

It still baffles me why conservatives in the US have turned masks and social distancing into a politicial issue, too; the former more than the latter, granted, but it's the least people can do to try and slow the spread of the virus. My county in Florida enacted a mask requirement last week. I was wearing a mask every time I went out before that, I try to keep my distance and the Publix I go to most often finally had some hand sanitizer in stock so I snapped up a few travel sized bottles for myself and my parents to take when they go out shopping.

It pisses me off that there are so many people who refuse to make the small sacrifice of wearing a mask while they are out and about shopping. Being temporarily uncomfortable wearing a mask is a vastly preferable alternative to potentially dying of COVID-19.
    I'm conservative myself, just not American (though I live in the US), and I can't figure out why it's become political either. I've seen it on social media with some people thinking this is all a liberal conspiracy. It's just straight up dumb. I wear a mask, and I stay home as much as I can. I wipe down anything I bring into the house with disinfecting wipes. I got a person in a vulnerable group in my house, and all I can think is their lives being in danger because some asshole thinks his rights are being infringed for being asked to wear a mask as a preventative measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people are saying the virus is on its way out even as new infections explode. The cognitive dissonance is hilarious.
    Sad thing is I had a... 'discussion' with some Trump supporter on Twitter who kept insisting that the virus was dying out. When I posted links about the surge in cases, they kept on with that bullshit. When I posted them a link showing COVID-19 case numbers comparing the US to Europe in graph form from a WaPo article about it, they disappeared and never answered.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm conservative myself, just not American (though I live in the US), and I can't figure out why it's become political either. I've seen it on social media with some people thinking this is all a liberal conspiracy. It's just straight up dumb. I wear a mask, and I stay home as much as I can. I wipe down anything I bring into the house with disinfecting wipes. I got a person in a vulnerable group in my house, and all I can think is their lives being in danger because some asshole thinks his rights are being infringed for being asked to wear a mask as a preventative measure.
    American conservatives, especially the die-hard Trump supporters are just... fucking hell. There's no reasoning with them. They view masks as tyranny, somehow, but kids having to go through regular live-shooter drills at school and having bullet proof backpacks is a necessary sacrifice for freedom.

Trump is probably part of it, because he's die-hard opposed to masks for reasons that confound me. Theories vary from him seeing it as admitting he fucked up our response to him being personally afraid he'll look stupid when his makeup sloughs off onto the mask.

Like I said, I would rather be temporarily uncomfortable wearing a mask than end up in the hospital or getting my family sick. That's my refrain to the anti-mask folks; 'If you don't like masks, you're really going to hate ventilators'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Some potential good news (but: preliminary, only pre-print etc):

Many mild or asymptomatic cases may have T-cell immunity without showing anti-bodies; roughly twice as many have this immunity as have anti-bodies.

Note this is Sars-Cov-2 specific T-cell immunity (nucleocapsid), in addition to the previously studied cross-immunity (spike and membrane) due to having had a common cold.

https://news.ki.se/immunity-to-covid...sts-have-shown
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-06-30 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post

Sounds like fake news. I have it on the entire internet's good authority that only those dastardly Republican states are seeing a spike in cases and handling things poorly while places like California are literal utopias of good governance and adequate preparation/precaution.

Because the great leader said so. And in order to not make the great leader look like an idiot media took over his story and peddled it as truth.
    Add the heavy 'us vs them' mentality and the need to defend 'their side' from 'the other side' no matter how wrong their side might be leads to this.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by thebmans View Post
    5.5 million people have recovered from coronavirus worldwide
    Thanks. Short, but pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not suprised. Some people went on vacation last 2 weeks.

BUM.. 15 new infections in a single day. Some people just cant stay at home and have a vacation here it seems.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...-everyone.html

The decline can only continue if people don't act like idiots. And apparently NJ thinks enough people are acting like idiots to roll back some of the reopening.
    Not a roll back, but a push back.
    Indoor dining won't happen...probably until late August. Murphy is still playing politics. But that's what makes the decisions.

If he were serious we'd see a lockdown. But as I posted earlier we probably are done with those. The article mentioned areas in north Jersey, his biggest supporters/constituency. He was hailed well earlier bu they're weary now of this new normal. Indoor dining not too big a deal in the summer when most want 'al fresco.'

interesting to see if mask mandates work, seems like in california and michigan its done very little
    although their mandates became later

june 18th for newsome
    june 18th for michigan
    but it seems to be somewhat effective in the northwestern states on a correlation basis
    but i live in west michigan ( the right leaning side) and nobody wears one because they think its a hoax, so the mask mandates kind of dont matter since its impossible to actually enforce it and wearing a mask is based on political ideology ( all of the green states voted for hillary in general)
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-06-30 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    interesting to see if mask mandates work, seems like in california and michigan its done very little
    although their mandates became later

june 18th for newsome
    june 18th for michigan
    but it seems to be somewhat effective in the northwestern states on a correlation basis
    but i live in west michigan ( the right leaning side) and nobody wears one because they think its a hoax, so the mask mandates kind of dont matter since its impossible to actually enforce it
    The first graphic is missing Washington, which mandated mask wearing in public starting June 26th.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The first graphic is missing Washington, which mandated mask wearing in public starting June 26th.
    ah yes its from june 19th, cnn should update their infographics,

We still have no new infections here again for the 5th day in a row, and until a few weeks ago we had none for over a month. Most of the Atlantic provinces have none right now as well. This is why I love Canada, we have lots of space between us and only like 40 million people in the Country. when you cram millions of people into a smaller space you get huge breakouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect further growth from Illinois in 2 weeks. They opened up bars and restaurants to what was supposed to be limited capacity and naturally the idiots decided that meant fill everything in Chicago up, fuck social distancing, and leave your mask at home. Fortunately our mayor and governor have already said that if people can't abide by the rules they'll slap the state back on openings.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)