The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thread which can be constantly updated from newer games posters play.

I am presently playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Little over 50 hrs in. It will be my last game played in a few weeks. So far, I would rate it a 8.5/10. Would be a solid 9 if Origin client was not needed to launch.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Probably been mentioned several times before, but The Witcher 3.

11/10.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    assassins creed odyssey, ill give it a 9/10 since its the only one in the series i played it all the way through, the game is just beautiful looking
    Same.. 10/10 for me though. I've been waiting for a game like Mass Effect 2-3 and Skyrim for ages.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - 10/10

Originally played this on the N3DS, and despite the absolute shite graphics and resolution at the time (3ds had 240p lul), it managed to become one of my most favorite games of all time. 4-5 years later, replaying it on the Switch is amazing and it still feels great to play. Might be my all time favorite game at this point. It's also rather interesting how a second playthrough adds some depth to certain parts of the game storywise, that you wouldn't have noticed the first time through. So it was still enjoyable even though I knew where it was all going.

The game looks great compared to the original, and the resolution wasn't ever really an issue on my TV, which was the only thing I was worried about. Has some of the most beautiful JRPG environments and the character models looks great.

The game definitely has flaws if you're the type of person who wants to complete everything, the side quests can be rather annoying. (Though the tracker makes them 10x more bearable than the original.) I don't really care about doing everything though, so it was never an issue for me personally, hence the 10/10.

Overall, an amazing game. A must play for JRPG fans, and something that others may want to try as well (it plays like a single-player MMORPG kinda).

10+ Year Old Account
    Temtem - 8.5/10

A small indie team managed to address the multiple issues I've had with Pokemon over the past few generations and the game is still in Early Access with only about half of the content included, but the game is pretty lengthy as is. I'd say I've spent like 20 hours getting through the Main Story so far. The combat is challenging, the story isn't mindblowing but I'm enjoying it more than previous Pokemon stories, and the Temtem, while not having any real standouts, are pretty interesting looking to me. I do have a few complaints, but it's nothing major that can't be ironed out while in early access. This game definitely blows Sword and Shield out of the water and it isn't even finished yet. Can't wait to see what the future holds for the game.

The Last of Us 2 7/10

Pretty fun but a little overlong and tedious at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last of Us Part II 8.5?/10

I say 8.5? because this game is hard to put my finger on. In terms of presentation it is absolutely top notch, the survival horror gameplay is top tier, and the characters are likeable for the most part. This game is also extremely dark. I could only play it for a few hours at a time on account of how intense it gets at points. I think the reason I give it an 8.5 is because the game is fucking long as hell. My playthrough was like 21 hours but it felt like 10 years. There are definitely parts of that game that could definitely be cut out as they don't really serve the themes of the game.

Definitely gonna remember this game for a long time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 7/10

It manages to not disappoint and some of the additions are really cool, but overall it behaves less than a sequel and more like Ori and the Blind Forest v1.5

WoW, since I did visions 0/10.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps: 7/10

It manages to not disappoint and some of the additions are really cool, but overall it behaves less than a sequel and more like Ori and the Blind Forest v1.5
    How does it not behave as a sequel? They greatly enhanced the combat which was not a big focus in Blind Forest and is a big deal in Will of the Wisps. They also expanded the platforming as well, added side quests, and even let you play as other characters. What do you think a sequel is exactly? Your score is whatever as I'm only halfway through the game myself and your opinion is your own, but your justification for that score makes no sense.

The Last of Us Part II 4 or 5 / 10

A decent game that didn't really expand on the original game play enough to capture me like the first one did but that combined with a much weaker story and it just went downhill from there. A story that is drawn out and didn't have anywhere near the story telling prowess/hook of the original. Decent but not worth $60.

last new game that we hadnt played before? Doom eternal

i havent played it much, but right now im seriously underwhelmed. very different atmosphere from doom 2016, way more cartoony and over the top and sci-fi. those arent necessarily bad things, but it doesnt feel like a doom game to me. the low ammo and overly game-y mechanics (reliance on different types of kills for specific resources, etc) really takes me out of the experience. ill give it more time but not a good start.

initial score: 3/10
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2020-06-30 at 07:58 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Civ 6 - 7/10

I miss building my own palace way back in, what was it, 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

The last of us 2 if I was to give it an arbitrary score, 7/10.

The game was enjoyable, the story wasn't as gripping as the first one, it dragged on more than it should and the pacing was way off at times but ultimately I enjoyed playing the game the vast majority of the time.

I just bought total war warhammer 2 on steam and was up until 4am on a work day playing it, a good solid 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I just bought total war warhammer 2 on steam and was up until 4am on a work day playing it, a good solid 9/10
    Especially when playing as Skaven and fielding ratling guns, lightning cannons, doomwheels and other wacky contraptions, Warhammer 2 is my favorite total war game based solely on how fucking wacky Skaven are.

WoW: Classic

10/10, an all time great masterpiece
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Warframe, 6.5/10

Good game, damn fun gameplay, but suffers from horrendous balance issues, content that nearly always ships half-baked (see: Plains of Eidolon and Railjack) and the developers tend to pile on more and more content/cosmetics to buy, rather than fully fix the game's problems.

And unlike a lot of people, I don't feel like WF does 'free2play right' - the cost of their Prime access packs is absurd, bordering on "lets see how much these idiots will pay lol." Their excuse is bundling in platinum with the Prime items, which you cannot opt out of. You can farm the blueprints for prime weapons and frames in game, but the RNG tends to be miserable - I went through 26 relics trying to get BPs for one of the recent Prime frames before I caved and bought it from someone.

Furthermore, you can't get the Prime accessories packs (which often have some of the most unique cosmetics in the game) or any Tennogen items with anything other than cash.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The last game I completed was FFVIIR, and I'd give it an 8/10 with the caveat that FFVII fans should play it no matter what, and also the only reason it isn't higher is due to the game being incomplete due to its episodic nature. A future complete version of the game could be a 9 or even 10/10.

I'm currently playing two games. First is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and second is The Last of Us 2. I'm currently greatly enjoying them, but can't review either yet. I can say for sure that the lowest Xeno is getting is a 9 from me though. I'm still too early in TLOU2 to make a statement like that.

Some other 2020 games I've played:

Resident Evil 3 - 9/10 I loved it, didn't expect much after seeing it flamed online, so I was very surprised. I loved the more combat centric gameplay and the short runtime made this one feel just right for me. I also loved the story.
    Persona 5 R - On PS4 Pro, Persona 5 didn't have enhancements. I give it a 9.5/10. Very great game with some narrative drag later on keeping it from being a goat. I haven't taken the time to differentiate new from old content, but it is all very good.
    Doom Eternal - Ehh, I couldn't finish it, not for me. No review, no comment.
    Nioh 2 - Probably my personal GOAT soulsborne game, amazingly fast loads after death, HUGE skill gap(once you get it, you basically dominate, but before then you are completely a victim of the game) and also really addictive. 9.5 - 10/10, for me this one was perfect. Loved the smooth gameplay, and the graphics were gorgeous to me, despite what some reviews stated. It almost made me quit early on, but I love it.

So far, for me, my favorite two games this year will probably be Xenoblade and Nioh 2.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-06-30 at 08:45 PM.