Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Ah yes, i am thinking about a quick ME-rerun (starting with 2 and old saves) before the remaster hits.
    These rumours sound delicious, but take them with a grain of salt.
    I'm skeptical as hell, but oh my lord I hope that's true.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm skeptical as hell, but oh my lord I hope that's true.
    Given that EA is desperate for sales and good PR for a change, and how they did the C&C Remaster right IMO, chances are good we will get what was listed. Why risk going after new customers when you have millions of fans waiting to buy it?
    It would also mean that i would own all 3 ME games 3 times then (PC, Xbox 360, and Remaster).
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Divinity playing the first game again since I have only finished that one once played the second 4 times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Given that EA is desperate for sales and good PR for a change, and how they did the C&C Remaster right IMO, chances are good we will get what was listed. Why risk going after new customers when you have millions of fans waiting to buy it?
    It would also mean that i would own all 3 ME games 3 times then (PC, Xbox 360, and Remaster).
    Yeah they've built up a bit of goodwill ever since Jedi Fallen Order came out. So hopefully the ME remaster rumors prove true!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

(non-retail) WoW
    Warcraft 2/3
    C&C: Red Alert and Generals
    Duke Nukem 3D
    HoMM3
    Transport Tycoon Deluxe
    Diablo 2
    King's Bounty
    Supaplex
    Settlers 2
    League of Legends
    Original Sin 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom 2 (It's just lovely with mods).
    Civilization 5.
    FTL: Faster Than Light.
    World of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I generally try to avoid going back to old games I liked and instead play sequels instead when possible and follow the series. If that's not possible.. like when the company that made them is gone or has refocused to other type of games, try to find similar ones. Like say I enjoyed Dungeon Keeper 2 but Dungeons 2 and 3 filled that gap nicely for me.

There are a few exceptions though.

Black & White 2 - for some reason no one is making god games any more. Are they really that unpopular?
    Age of Mythology - Although new RTS games are still being made, they're disappointing and micro heavy. I hate micro and just play them with a mouse.
    Fallout 4 - because of the unique settlement system. I really like building stuff with it. Sadly the only alternative is Minecraft but it's too ugly and more limited.

Hello Sir, Let me introduce you to Fata Deum - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-genre-is-back

Or, if you prefer something a bit closer to 1.0 release; The Universim.

The latter doesn't capture that essence of black and white, but is still a great game, more of a builder with god game properties.

FD seems to be trying to capture that B&W feel more, compete with creatures.

I too play FO4 for the settlements. Every so often I load it up with all the building mods and basically just play until I get tired of building cities lol.

As for games I come back to- Does Dungeons 2 and 3 count as returning to Dungeon Keeper? Because I play that yearly.
    Same with Starcraft campaign (both og and brood war), though admittedly I play the Hive Workshop recreation in SC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Enter the Gungeon. Haven't uninstalled that game in about 2½ years and don't expect to. Its just so brilliant.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Skyrim. I don't think I'll ever get truly bored with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Hello Sir, Let me introduce you to Fata Deum - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-genre-is-back

Or, if you prefer something a bit closer to 1.0 release; The Universim.

The latter doesn't capture that essence of black and white, but is still a great game, more of a builder with god game properties.

FD seems to be trying to capture that B&W feel more, compete with creatures.
    To get it out of the way, I kept my eye on Universim for a while but this just isn't it. First it's the graphics.. and second it seems more like a city builder yea. There are much better city builders out there that I play.

I don't know how to feel about FD yet. It could be in early stages but it seems to lack the things I miss about Black & White. First the physics aspect. Throwing objects, crushing villagers with a rock while going "khuu khuu khuu", throwing a cow over an enemy village to inspire faith in you, watering trees and picking them up. The game didn't really revolve around villagers or making them happy. Hell you could even start a volcano in the middle of your own city.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    To get it out of the way, I kept my eye on Universim for a while but this just isn't it. First it's the graphics.. and second it seems more like a city builder yea. There are much better city builders out there that I play.

I don't know how to feel about FD yet. It could be in early stages but it seems to lack the things I miss about Black & White. First the physics aspect. Throwing objects, crushing villagers with a rock while going "khuu khuu khuu", throwing a cow over an enemy village to inspire faith in you, watering trees and picking them up. The game didn't really revolve around villagers or making them happy. Hell you could even start a volcano in the middle of your own city.
    All of it is true and just makes me sad.

I know we wish we could just get Black and White 3, but in that, sadly, I fear we are screwed. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

WoW, Runescape 3 released a really sweet new skill and managed to get the hook back in, and no doubt once the Minecraft nether update comes out that'll pull me back in.

I've got Dragon Age: Origins from the last Steam Sale but haven't installed it yet just because it looks so daunting to get into. How would you convince me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If I'm not subbed to WoW, I'm subbed to Final Fantasy 14, and vice versa. Other than that, Vindictus is one of my favorite hack and slash games that I frequently go back to.

Diablo 2 and donkey kong country 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I actually read the Quarian Ark plot that was planned to be DLC but was later turned into a book because fan response to ME:A wasn't what EA and Bioware had hoped for. Let's just say we didn't miss out on much.

I totally get a lot of the criticisms of ME:A, and I agree that the story is definitely not my favourite aspect of the game, but frankly I still had a great time playing through it and I too regret that any story DLC were scrapped since I think the setting had great promise.

And like you mentioned, ME:A had fantastic gunplay. I found that aspect of the game so much more satisfying than I ever did in previous entries of ME. I'd love to see them reuse that in a new entry in the series or in a remaster of the original trilogy. They're still great games, but especially the original ME is getting severely dated.
    A remastered trilogy with Andromeda combat system + squad controls would be a dream come true indeed, even if unlikely. Hell, just make ME1 not completely and totally suck from a gameplay perspective and I'd be a happy camper.