In highly classified calls with foreign heads of state, President Trump was so consistently unprepared, so often outplayed with leaders like Putin, and so abusive to America’s top allies, some senior US officials believed him a danger to national security https://t.co/CZKLVkIGzs https://t.co/dJ3rpRyFOT
    https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...009679878?s=19

People have posted this story already and we have read numerous stories on Trump's incompetence with foreign leaders and policy.

Man! How many times do we repeat ourselves with we would not accept this from any other President.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Seen lots of maga guy on twitter saying
    public schools indoctrinate people into communism
    I went to public school, and the only like left leaning thing i learned was we need to pay teachers more and hire more of them
    do all of these crazy people go to christian private schools?

10+ Year Old Account
    McEnemy was asked point-blank if Trump planned to ban the Confederate flag at his rallies.

She refused to answer.

She then cited a poll saying the majority of Americans wanted statues and monuments to Confederate traitors to remain in place.

In other words, she did answer, the answer was "no".

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I went to public school, and the only like left leaning thing i learned was we need to pay teachers more and hire more of them
    Don't discount home schooled ^^
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Speaking of which, Trump's NSA flat-out says in public that Trump was never briefed because the information was not verified.

Okay, just say that under oath and we don't have a problem. Unless, you know, someone else proves otherwise. You'll take the stand, right? Right?
    Unsubstantiated =\ false. Otherwise they would have said so.

If it wasn’t false, you’d think this is something the president would need to hear... I mean even at the minimum “Russian might be putting bounties on American soldiers” seems important.

There must be some reasons they didn’t yell Trump. Or they did and they’re lying again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Unsubstantiated =\ false.
    I agree. And we've even seen evidence suggesting it's true, posted in this very thread.

However, the real issue is that Trump is denying he was told, yet multiple sources are now mutually confirming that he was. So like you said, someone's lying. That's why we need investigations (maybe behind closed doors) to find the truth. I mean, we did this for Benghazi, which Trump cheered. Surely he'd welcome the same thing here? If his own US Intelligence had important information, and didn't tell Trump, you'd think Trump would be interested in learning that.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny story, public schools are run by their own local boards. If some guy in the backwoods of Alabamer thinks the public school preaches Communism, he should start showing up at PTA meetings more often.

Anyone who has attended literally any K-12 school board meeting knows there is no federal conspiracy, and even if there was, it'd have to be DeVos' fault anyhow.

A Trump supporter should not be saying this -- and they'd know better if they ever went to school.

Remember when we had umpteen congressional hearings into Benghazi because it was theorized that then SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY CLINTON had possibly through action or inaction led to the deaths of service men. And as an aside, all of those investigations came back with no finding of wrongdoing on Hillary's part.

Where are those investigations (and Nunes) now?

Dr. Fauci is testifying about how fucked up things are and Rand Paul is bitching that he isn't talking about sunshine and rainbows.

There's now video of Fauci essentially facepalming while Rand Paul is going on about utter bullshit.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-06-30 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Dr. Fauci is testifying about how fucked up things are and Rand Paul is bitching that he isn't talking about sunshine and rainbows.
    Isn't Paul the one who went swimming in a public pool while infected?

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1231389

Normally I would start a new thread but seeing how it involves devos and education threads die off quickly. I will post it here.

In 5-4 decision, Supreme Court rules states cannot ban public funding for religious schools

A major slippery slope has just opened up and I fear for public education more than ever; especially minority’s/poor Americans access to good education.

McEnemy was asked point-blank if Trump planned to ban the Confederate flag at his rallies.

She refused to answer.

She then cited a poll saying the majority of Americans wanted statues and monuments to Confederate traitors to remain in place.

In other words, she did answer, the answer was "no".
    I love how awkward it must be when you have to represent such a base.

Little OT but I did take a year in a Catholic Private school in 3rd grade. I am grateful that my mother knew how miserable I was and didn't make me take another year.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Isn't Paul the one who went swimming in a public pool while infected?
    The very same. He's also the one who got the shit kicked out of him by his neighbor, but I'm betting he didn't ignore medical advice then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    In 5-4 decision, Supreme Court rules states cannot ban public funding for religious schools
    I look forward to religious schools taking students who aren't part of that religion. I mean, if they're public schools, they serve the public, not the religion, right?

Or, they can be private schools, and the ruling has no effect.

5+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to religious schools taking students who aren't part of that religion. I mean, if they're public schools, they serve the public, not the religion, right?

The ruling involves scholarships; “ The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Montana's exclusion of religious schools from a state scholarship program funded by tax credits violates the Constitution”

Just another way to avoid taxes and reduces funding for states in general.

Actually the ruling is in regards to public funding of private schools. Ruling was if a state decided to use tax dollars to fund private schools they can not exclude religious schools.

Personally state taxes should only go toward public schools and states shouldn't have an option to fund private schools at all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/polit...ons/index.html

Trump's Alabama rally next week is canceled due to rising coronavirus cases.

Bet he's wishing he'd actually done something about it now. Or probably not. Who cares. Less bullshit for a day is alright by me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1231389

Normally I would start a new thread but seeing how it involves devos and education threads die off quickly. I will post it here.

A major slippery slope has just opened up and I fear for public education more than ever; especially minority’s/poor Americans access to good education.
    Such bullshit. So the screw the First Amendment and churches don't pay taxes. Incredible.

I hope many madrasah or schools that have heavy Islam influence go for this. We will see how much they want their freedom of religion.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    The ruling involves scholarships; “ The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Montana's exclusion of religious schools from a state scholarship program funded by tax credits violates the Constitution”
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Actually the ruling is in regards to public funding of private schools. Ruling was if a state decided to use tax dollars to fund private schools they can not exclude religious schools.
    What I was going for, was that by taking public funds, they'd have to be public schools. Yes, it concerns me that tax money goes to private schools, especially those that exclude by religion, which states aren't allowed to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump's Alabama rally next week is canceled due to rising coronavirus cases.
    Good, that should help keep even the intentionally ill-informed healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's hear from one of the few competent people in the White House trying to do their job.

Fauci of course.

The United States cannot count on the availability of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine, the government’s top infectious diseases expert said on Tuesday, and he warned that the daily surge in cases could more than double if Americans fail to take steps to get the virus under control.
    I mean, I could stop there and it'd still be fucking terrifying.

“It’s extremely important to have safe and effective vaccines available for everyone in this country,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told a U.S. Senate committee.

Fauci, however, cautioned that “there is no guarantee ... we’ll have a safe and effective vaccine,” and he urged Americans to come together to contain the virus.

Fauci warned that the daily increase of new cases in the United States, currently around 40,000, could reach 100,000 if people do not adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear masks.

I am very concerned because it could get very bad,” he said.
    Remember the number Trump keeps using to talk about those hypothetical lives that he saved? Fauci is basically putting them back.

Quick napkin math here: the daily cases and daily death tolls are about 40,000 and 800. Let's say the death count is proportional to the case count, and let's look at two options:
    1) The cases stay flat through July.
    2) The cases scale evenly up through July to the levels Fauci mentioned.

(of course, we could actually make cases go down, but you'll see in a minute why I don't need to discuss that option)

The difference in cases, in July only, between these two summarized options is eighteen thousand deaths. Ignoring what that gap would create in August. And that's not total, that's extra. Meaning that estimate of 137,000 we were talking about a while ago is pretty much doomed to be an underestimate.

Now I'd love to see the cases drop, or at worst stay flat, but we're not seeing that. And i'm "hiding out" in New York, the state arguably taking this the most seriously (certainly high on the list). I'm trying to live by example and correcting factual errors I see people making, but that only affects my friends and neighbors. Unless y'all come around and realize the scope of what we're dealing with as a collected country, y'all are just going to keep pushing back further and further any recovery you wanted to see. States are re-closing. Y'all just canceled y'all's own Trump rally. This is your fault.

Oh, and I "can't wait" (sarcasm) to see the spike after July 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and I "can't wait" (sarcasm) to see the spike after July 4.
    The really sad thing is that the lag between the infection curve and the death curve mean that the masses probably won't get scared enough to actually change their behavior until we're at least halfway through July.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Judge temporarily halts release of the latest Trump book while the case plays out in court.

I think that's fair.

Apparently, the author is calling this a First Amendment violation -- which would be the case, if Trump used his authoritah to stomp on the book's release, but Trump seems to be talking about an NDA. So I don't know that this book is being released.

*ahem*

Legally.