10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I expect further growth from Illinois in 2 weeks. They opened up bars and restaurants to what was supposed to be limited capacity and naturally the idiots decided that meant fill everything in Chicago up, fuck social distancing, and leave your mask at home. Fortunately our mayor and governor have already said that if people can't abide by the rules they'll slap the state back on openings.
    COVID19 ran through the bars here like it was getting a two-for-one. A few bars ended up having to complety shut down shop 'until further notice'.

You would stink the failure of reopening would cause people to wise up and at least mask up.

July 4th is soon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ic/3279369001/

Huh, so some states re-opened too quickly and folks aren't following medical guidelines to prevent the spread. And that led to this explosion in cases.

WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT

I'm legit terrified of the US hitting 100K new cases a day, more than double what we're seeing now. This country seems to be incapable of pulling together during a pandemic and it's literally killing us.

So the EU opened external borders to 14 countries only, to be reviewed each 2 weeks. The big ones, USA, Brazil, Russia are outside of it, I fully expect political whining about the bad EU. Countries can, however, chose to not open their individual borders, it is all on suggestion level. And right now it seems like keeping said list small is a good choice :/

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Thanks. Short, but pointless.
    Short, but positive. Dont be a grumpy cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I came into this thread and asked what the next spike would look like. I was told no spike would happen. I think they undermined their Republican governors ability to march to the dollar at the cost of grandma's across their states. So sad.

Philadelphia thought about mandating masks outside, but then realized there wasn't any way to enforce that..."self-policing" was the term they wanted to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks ago, I joked with my mom that the US would start getting banned from visiting other countries. More countries should do it, too. Sucks for those of us with friends and family abroad, but I'd ban us.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    @Benggaul I know you asked about New York's quarantine and California. It's on the list now.

Full list (***new states)
    • Alabama
    • Arkansas
    • Arizona
    • California***
    • Florida
    • Georgia***
    • Iowa***
    • Idaho***
    • Louisiana***
    • Mississippi***
    • North Carolina
    • Nevada***
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee***
    • Texas
    • Utah
    The quarantine applies to any person arriving from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, Utah...

Our local Costco is requiring masks, and provides free masks at the entrance if you do not have one. I went in yesterday to restock and there was a lady at the front arguing, nay, screaming at the poor worker who was trying to get her to wear her free mask.

Yeah I don't think this problem is going away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    @Benggaul I know you asked about New York's quarantine and California. It's on the list now.

The quarantine applies to any person arriving from a state with a positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents over a 7-day rolling average or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a 7-day rolling average.
    Fair enough. It should have been on earlier given that CA's outbreak started at about the same time as the South, but at least now Trumpers can't complain about bias.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's just that daily mail is a tabloid and i like to use something other than a tabloid for my info.
    It's more than a tabloid and it always has about 6 dozen links in each story...they might sensationalize stories but they back most of them up with actual links to proof and data

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yay, Utah...

Our local Costco is requiring masks, and provides free masks at the entrance if you do not have one. I went in yesterday to restock and there was a lady at the front arguing, nay, screaming at the poor worker who was trying to get her to wear her free mask.

Yesterday I watched a dude sucker punch a guy at the front door of a box store because he was getting hand-zy with a female manager who was trying to get him to wear a mask.

It's getting nuts out there.

No one seemed upset at the guy punching
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Yay, Utah...

Plenty of Trumpublicans are currently trying to pretend the Coronavirus doesn't exist, it's absolutely sickening, a new low bar for America and the GOP.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Found out my niece who has the virus was on a plane recently while asymptomatic. She was taking part in one of the protests. May have gotten it in a different protest before that one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I would have zero problems with stores making a list of these kinds of folks and permanently banning them even after the pandemic ends. Like, I would legit support this stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess what I don't understand is why there is so much pushback? Even if this was "only a flu", isn't it common courtesy and generally expected to wear a mask or stay home to avoid spreading the flu to family, friends and coworkers? It boggles my mind.

I guess what I don't understand is why there is so much pushback? Even if this was "only a flu", isn't it common courtesy and generally expected to wear a mask or stay home to avoid spreading the flu to family, friends and coworkers? It boggles my mind.
    As someone who is allergic to smoke, I can tell you this is not shocking to me in the least bit. People don't generally have a "common courtesy" when it comes to the well being of others if its an inconvenience to them. We have seen this before with a lot of smokers who refuse to move so their smoke goes down wind. Who got mad that a building would ban smoking indoors for the health of others. In general, get angry when told what to do because they won't be considerate of others while smoking.

This is why none of this behavior shocks me. Its always happened. Most people didn't notice because it didn't directly impact them. Its always been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It's become political, plain and simple.

The great leader said the virus doesn't exist/is not a big deal.
    Since the great leader cannot be wrong you don't need to wear a mask because the virus is a lie.

Is became political, this is what the US has become.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's become political, plain and simple.
    What's worse is that we seem to have not only finally consolidated almost all the stupid, selfish people into the same political party, where they've found strength in solidarity, but also seen them apparently "legitimize" said stupidity as an actual platform.

Thus, any question of sense vs stupidity perforce becomes a "political" issue.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got something that'll make your head hurt. I was informed today, by people who support a certain Cheeto, that people are becoming sick from wearing a mask for too long. Supposedly it's "Nitrogen poisoning" or "CO2 poisoning."

Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I've got something that'll make your head hurt. I was informed today, by people who support a certain Cheeto, that people are becoming sick from wearing a mask for too long. Supposedly it's "Nitrogen poisoning" or "CO2 poisoning."

Let that sink in.
    But don't sink too far, as you can actually get either while wearing a mask and diving beneath the sea :-)