Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, you're focusing on an arbitrary and social binary distinction applied to a variegated biological reality, and only using that to target the transgendered to their disadvantage, rather than making any consideration for all biological advantages any competitor might have.

Because you aren't pursuing any concept of "fairness", you're just attacking trans people.

That's why your stance is hateful. It has fuck-all to do with fairness.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_221782406

Almost ALL people who were born male are stronger than almost ALL people who were born female.

You claimed that the definition of hate speech was being "stretched".

It really, really isn't. It's just that what used to be commonplace bigotry is being recognized as such, rather than accepted as a matter of course.

It's the same argument men made when women started accusing them of sexual harassment for a little grab-ass at the office. Which it always was.
    It's not hate speech to state the fact that there are meaningful biological differences between men and women.

Anyway, as a former mod I'm sure you're aware this topic is out bounds, so this will be my last comment on it.

Time to close this thread. Started out as an attempt to discuss increasing censorship in mainstream media, turned into a culture war thread about trans rights thanks to certain people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    So then do away with weight classes, gender, and anything that might level the playing field and let it be a free for all. You cannot have it both ways.
    Weight classes are pretty objectively determinable. Gender isn't, since it's socially constructed. And biological sex isn't binary, so trying to apply a binary division to it is doomed to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig1_221782406

Almost ALL people who were born male are stronger than almost ALL people who were born female.
    I really couldn't give any shits about this kind of thing. It's the same kind of arguments presented by race "realists". Doesn't make them not-racist.

If your goal is to argue that trans women aren't "real women", you're being transphobic. It doesn't matter what evidence you think supports that position.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to close this thread. Started out as an attempt to discuss increasing censorship in mainstream media, turned into a culture war thread about trans rights thanks to certain people.
    The people who tried to defend GenderCritical's transphobia, you mean?

I really couldn't give any shits about this kind of thing. It's the same kind of arguments presented by race "realists". Doesn't make them not-racist.

If your goal is to argue that trans women aren't "real women", you're being transphobic. It doesn't matter what evidence you think supports that position.

- - - Updated - - -
    The people who tried to defend GenderCritical's transphobia, you mean?
    Racism and sexism and all -phobias = discriminating people based on... something. Stating that men are inherently stronger than women is not sexist. Stating that transwomen are inherently stronger than cis women is not transphobic. Refuting allegations about GenderCritical's transphobia is not transphobic either.

And yeah biological sex isn't binary. There are some species that can change sex from male to female. There are some that are both male and female. Humans are not one of those species.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2020-06-30 at 03:37 PM.

Weight classes are pretty objectively determinable. Gender isn't, since it's socially constructed. And biological sex isn't binary, so trying to apply a binary division to it is doomed to fail.

I really don't care in the end I just heard some good points brought up from people who do compete at a high level and they were talking about this, but they also said it does vary widely from person to person as most things do. My guess is competitive sports will evolve towards equality as we move forward as a society. People can be whatever they want to be, I will just smoke my weed and enjoy the ride and not judge people for being themselves as I always have and will continue to do.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nothing of value was lost to anyone who matters.
    Basically this.
    change can't wait.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account

then women should fight men in boxing and other combat sports?

i would wipe the floor with any woman that's my weight with ease even if they've been in the combat sports for years.
    Last edited by Alex Moriati; 2020-06-30 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, I wonder who started to defend the GC sub.

Yep, you did exactly what everyone said you'd do.

You're nothing, if not predictable.

Thank goodness for Reddit's free speech.

You claimed that the definition of hate speech was being "stretched".

It really, really isn't. It's just that what used to be commonplace bigotry is being recognized as such, rather than accepted as a matter of course.

It's the same argument men made when women started accusing them of sexual harassment for a little grab-ass at the office. Which it always was.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you're focusing on an arbitrary and social binary distinction applied to a variegated biological reality, and only using that to target the transgendered to their disadvantage, rather than making any consideration for all biological advantages any competitor might have.

Because you aren't pursuing any concept of "fairness", you're just attacking trans people.

That's why your stance is hateful. It has fuck-all to do with fairness.
    We already make considerations for other biological advantages specially in martial arts

Weird to see people deny that sex is real cant say Im surprised

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    We already make considerations for other biological advantages specially in martial arts

soon the accusations of being a terf will be thrown your way even if you're not a feminist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

And as you can see, they are still doing that for biolagical sex, crazy, right?
    probably should turn off fox news.

I have always laughed at people who complain that shit like neo-nazi stuff gets banned...
    Free speech is not something absolute. When you will ever learn that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    soon the accusations of being a terf will be thrown your way even if you're not a feminist.
    It's literally in the signature and proudly so. And how is this bad by the way?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    You might wanna take a look at their signature.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You might wanna take a look at their signature.
    Lots of JK rowling fans on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    It's literally in the signature and proudly so. And how is this bad by the way?
    Terf is a slur these days. Thats why its bad but you learn to live with it

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Lots of JK rowling fans on these forums.
    What's wrong with being a fan of an accomplished writer?

What's been going on in this thread

OH MY...