Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Man, you are playing it wrong (to quote Ion). The game is one whole thing. It's supposed to be play in all it's forms, homogeneously.
    The guy who doesn't listen to anyone and makes the game how he wants it? Yeah like I'm going to listen to him...

Besides I find dungeons/raids boring...my idea of fun isn't doing scripted encounters over and over and over, PvP is random and unpredictable...which is sometimes good sometimes bad but at least it isn't boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    No. You're playing a bonus feature of the game that was added in after the fact to extend play time. WoW is a PvE game that allows you to PvP.
    Except you are wrong and PvP isn't a "bonus feature" if it was there wouldn't be exclusive gear...we would have never gotten arena developed...there wouldn't be any achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Can we please put resilience back on gear so that im not forced to do pve if i dont want to. I dont care for mythic+. I dont care for raiding. I just want to pvp and i dont want to be at a disadvantage in my preferred area of the game just because i dont want to participate in the part of the game that i detest.

GRRRR
    All your asking for is a clear advantage against PvE players which is wrong, PvP should only care about skill and thats it. All PvP matches should have set stats throughout so gear never matters.

WoW is a PvE game with optional PvP, seems to me you dont really like WoW as it is in the first place, resiliance would just break the already terrible balance that PvP already struggles to keep in check.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All your asking for is a clear advantage against PvE players which is wrong, PvP should only care about skill and thats it. All PvP matches should have set stats throughout so gear never matters.

WoW is a PvE game with optional PvP, seems to me you dont really like WoW as it is in the first place, resiliance would just break the already terrible balance that PvP already struggles to keep in check.
    And PvPers would be at a disadvantage in PvE because resilience meant less stats. It was fair.

Implying that people who play WoW for PvP are playing the game wrong is willful ignorance at best. There have only been two points in the game's history where you couldn't be competitively geared for PvP solely via PvP, at the beginning of vanilla when honor system rewards didn't exist and BfA.

How delusional can people be if they think that pve people having to afk some BGs to get blood of the enemy is even remotely comparable to the ridiculous amounts of M+ and raiding you have to do as a pvp player to be even able to compete in arena? Wake the fuck up, this shit is ridiculous.

I mean people who say "tough shit, just deal with it" what is your argument? How is it in any way, shape or form off from your gaming experience if you don't care about pvp but someone does and is able to enjoy it without having to step into pve? Are you just cunts by nature?
    Last edited by Lubefist; 2020-07-01 at 10:38 AM.

Wonder what your rating is - you can easily get 2k2 this season without any corruption gear.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    And PvPers would be at a disadvantage in PvE because resilience meant less stats. It was fair.

Implying that people who play WoW for PvP are playing the game wrong is willful ignorance at best. There have only been two points in the game's history where you couldn't be competitively geared for PvP solely via PvP, at the beginning of vanilla when honor system rewards didn't exist and BfA.
    Asking for a clear advantage to other players is wrong your the one being ignorant, resiliance in PvP gave the player a massive advantage over PvE players, in PvP the stats were reduced so it didnt matter what gear your were wearing so PvP gear gave a massive advantage.

Where did i say players playing just for PvP is wrong, in PvP gear shouldnt matter it should give players a set stat value so all that matters is skill, if you need PvP gear to give you an advantage then your a bad player simple as that.

PvP should never offer better rewards than you can get from current tier mythic raiding.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-07-01 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you want to min/max you have to do both, that goes for pve aswell as pvp. Just look at bis azerite, blood of the enemy or fire mages that require the pvp trinket for pve for example.
    This.

I don't claim that azerite and essences haven't layered on a whole lot of farming (and possibly cross content farming) to get BiS, BUT those BiS pieces are far from mandatory for anything other than the highest level of play.
    Go watch top arena players smash geared people on their ungeared alts; PvP still has plenty of buffer with ilvl scaling.

With azerite and essences going away, the burden and gap between BiS and serviceable gear should shrink to the point where you will just have to come to terms with the fact that if you are consistently losing because of "gear", it's probably not gear.

This boils down to another "I want BiS but don't want to have to be good and/or spend any time getting it " thread.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Usynligepind View Post
    Wonder what your rating is - you can easily get 2k2 this season without any corruption gear.
    Lmfao that is so incredibly incorrect. Live stream a 0 corruption bid to 2200. Can’t happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking for a clear advantage to other players is wrong your the one being ignorant, resiliance in PvP gave the player a massive advantage over PvE players, in PvP the stats were reduced so it didnt matter what gear your were wearing so PvP gear gave a massive advantage.

Where did i say players playing just for PvP is wrong, in PvP gear shouldnt matter it should give players a set stat value so all that matters is skill, if you need PvP gear to give you an advantage then your a bad player simple as that.

PvP should never offer better rewards than you can get from current tier mythic raiding.
    Again, PvE gear gave a massive advantage over PvP players in PvE. It was fair.

Gear progression is a big reason why people like WoW PvP over other PvP games. They like having their time and effort rewarded with power because they like WoW. In the old currency/vendor system you would eventually get full conquest and have BiS. As more and more people got full conquest you would have more fair fights.

Saying stuff like
    WoW is a PvE game with optional PvP, seems to me you dont really like WoW as it is in the first place
    implies you don't think PvP should be its own separate endgame, thus people who only want to PvP are wrong. All I can say is that it's a good thing the vast majority of WoW's history is against your opinions.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-07-01 at 06:15 PM.

Again, PvE gear gave a massive advantage over PvP players in PvE. It was fair.

Gear progression is a big reason why people like WoW PvP over other PvP games. They like having their time and effort rewarded with power because they like WoW. In the old currency/vendor system you would eventually get full conquest and have BiS. As more and more people got full conquest you would have more fair fights.

Saying stuff like

implies you don't think PvP should be its own separate endgame, thus people who only want to PvP are wrong. All I can say is that it's a good thing the vast majority of WoW's history is against your opinions.
    PvE gear never gave an advantage, if a PvE player with equal skill fought a PvP player with full PvP gear then always the PvP player would win and thats fact.

Gear progression in PvP shouldnt matter, it should always just rely on skill as everyone should be on equal footing, its your opinion on gear improving power in a setting that shouldnt rely on gear that should change, thats why PvP in WoW is alway terrible because of the lack of balance.

The only thing that should matter in PvP is skill, thats why in the history of WoW PvP is never balanced and its a shitfest of meta classes.

The whole gear progression system is terrible and outdated, all the stats on gear should be gained by the player themselves as its the character that should gain power not because your wearing a certain piece of gear.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-07-01 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE gear never gave an advantage, if a PvE player with equal skill fought a PvP player with full PvP gear then always the PvP player would win and thats fact.

Gear progression in PvP shouldnt matter, it should always just rely on skill as everyone should be on equal footing, its your opinion on gear improving power in a setting that shouldnt rely on gear that should change, thats why PvP in WoW is alway terrible because of the lack of balance.

The only thing that should matter in PvP is skill, thats why in the history of WoW PvP is never balanced and its a shitfest of meta classes.

The whole gear progression system is terrible and outdated, all the stats on gear should be gained by the player themselves as its the character that should gain power not because your wearing a certain piece of gear.
    You aren't comprehending. I said PvE gear had a massive advantage in PvE.

With your thoughts on gear progression it seems like you want to play a different game. If you want to play a PvP game that doesn't have gear progression there are a lot of options out there for you, WoW is not one of them. Though skill-based fights could still easily be found with the vendor system, especially toward the end of a season when all PvP players had BiS.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-07-01 at 07:39 PM.

You aren't comprehending. I said PvE gear had a massive advantage in PvE.

Your thoughts on gear progression sounds like you want to play a different game. If you want to play a PvP game that doesn't have gear progression there are a lot of options out there for you, WoW is not one of them. Though skill-based fights could still easily be found with the vendor system, especially toward the end of a season when all PvP players had BiS.
    Gear progression is just a lazy outdated way to make players feel like they are getting something, the character themselves should gain the power not just because a piece of gear has 1000 main stat. Gear should just be defensive stats mostly and different cosmetics, and special gear items just have an additional effect. gear would still mean something.

In PvP the player gear should never matter, stats should be equal across the board to keep everything on a level playing field so it all comes to skill, better PvP gear should just mean if you do PvE things your still getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The only thing that will fix it is separating PvE reward systems from PvP reward systems, again. And it doesn't have to be a complete divorce; remember when a full set of heroic gear was equal to something between a full set of honor and conquest gear? Whether it is resilience or templates or whatever, there are a infinite ways for them to contrive the divide.

The real problem is that the PvE reward systems have been pushed to such rigid extremities of greed, that realistically Blizzard will never sacrifice the tight grip it has on us in the name of reviving interest in PvP, which from a business point of view is probably quite insignificant to begin with.
    The problem is that Blizzard has hit the nail perfectly several times. And every time it leaves people happy with less playtime. Activision doesn't like that, because they want metrics that makes people play more.

In WoD we had templates and it was the best PvP time I've ever had. You had to pvp for pvp items, but you could roll in with pve gear and do just fine. Not OP, not a victim, just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please put resilience back on gear so that im not forced to do pve if i dont want to. I dont care for mythic+. I dont care for raiding. I just want to pvp and i dont want to be at a disadvantage in my preferred area of the game just because i dont want to participate in the part of the game that i detest.

GRRRR
    just go play league of legends. Problem solved.

Amen. Bring back resilience, that way PvP'ers can gear through PvP (crazy right) and PvE'ers can gear through all the ways they have available.
    Also kinda feels bad to put so much time into PvP just to have some mythic raider destroy you because his gear is bonkers compared to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Feels unnecessary. If you want to play a PvP game there are dozens of amazing ones you can download and instantly compete with everyone else, DotA 2 or CSGO are perfect examples where skill is literally the only thing that matters.

But if you want to play an MMORPG then you're going to need to play the entire game to be highly competitive, that's just the type of game it is and it's always been that way. If you think it was different in vanilla then you clearly didn't play, because if all you did was BGs you would get literally two shot by people that raided. At least now there's multiple ways of getting gear.
    This is wrong, though. You literally haven't had to do this until BFA. Rank13 gear let me compete in PvP(I was a caster) in vanilla and I could kill AQ40 geared players on my lock alt in champion(blue) pvp set with 0 PvE gear. Raiders didn't have an advantage until Naxx since it was a perfectly itemized TBC-level gear multiple tiers above R14 gear in terms of power. I was also top arena ladder in TBC and WOTLK , Glad RBGs in CAT without touching PvE at all.

Are people who just recently started playing BFA the only people posting and playing the game still? Or are they intentionally trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly this.

honor gear = heroic dungeon gear
    Arena point gear = mythic plus gear
    Tier 2 arena gear = raid gear
    Your suggestion is a worse gearing system than we currently have for PvP, big no thanks. No good PvPer wants a gear advantage for being higher rated(and have specifically said so multiple times).

Did you play MOP where Nadaghast(rank1 like every single season of pvp until he quit) made a HUGE thread on the OF that he was being farmed at 1200 rating on his alts due to gear? That's the exact situation your system will bring back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodrich801 View Post
    Amen. Bring back resilience, that way PvP'ers can gear through PvP (crazy right) and PvE'ers can gear through all the ways they have available.
    Also kinda feels bad to put so much time into PvP just to have some mythic raider destroy you because his gear is bonkers compared to you.
    Dude, we had resilience back in MoP, and in the latter stage of the expansion, PVE gear far outpaced PVP gear in stats. We had heroic raiders in Timeless Isle just pissing on PVP-ers because they had a shitload more HP and damage compared to PVP geared players. The stat increases on raid gear far outpaced the effect of resilience.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-07-08 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Dude, we had resilience back in MoP, and in the latter stage of the expansion, PVE gear far outpaced PVP gear in stats. We had heroic raiders in Timeless Isle just pissing on PVP-ers because they had a shitload more HP and damage compared to PVP geared players. The stat increases on raid gear far outpaced the effect of resilience.
    Didn't matter in arena tho, which is what they should balance around when it comes to pvp. Let raiders be gods of wpvp for all I care.

You should be forced to play every aspect of the game to be the best in one aspect

OP, the more the game flows, the less PVPers play to this game, because there's like a witch hunt against PvP by Blizz since a few xpacs, sort of.

So you, and to an extend me now, are more and more in the minority.

PvP should matter in WoW.

It's like being accustomed to mediocrity. Mediocrity may be mediocrity, but if people are accustomed to it, it won't die, in the forums at least.

-Cheers