Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Malefic Core = 2000 Echoes - BLIZZARD IS THE BEST

Just noticed from 6/25 hotfix that you can now buy as many Cores as you want for 2000 Echoes. Just added 12 point of corruption resistance. Got another piece corrupted and still below 40.

I was dreading even one more grind thru Visions.

Blizzard is the Best company Ever.

how dare you have a favorable opinion of blizzard in ''insert current year''....HOW DARE YOU?

Isn't 2000 Echoes a lot for a character that hasn't grinded visions? You also need more Echoes to buy corruption after that.

2k isn't a ton, given how many different sources give echoes.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how dare you have a favorable opinion of blizzard in ''insert current year''....HOW DARE YOU?
    Guess what ? they should have done this before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Glormon View Post
    I mean, compared to actually running visions.

You can get enough Coalescing Visions to do 4 Horrific Visions per week with the dailies and weekly chests. Those same weekly chests only give 750 Echoes each, so 2250 per week plus mythic+ cache which is maybe 1000 or so depending on the level. I guess the Emmisaries are an easy bonus (1750 a week, right?), but an undergeared character isn't going to be running high keystone Mythic+ quickly, so grinding Echoes is still a lot more inefficient than grinding visions.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2020-06-30 at 04:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just love hyperbolic posts on either side of the hate/love war. Blizzard sure draws out the worst from people

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Isn't 2000 Echoes a lot for a character that hasn't grinded visions? You also need more Echoes to buy corruption after that.
    I bet most buyers/beneficiaries of this feature are alts that are spending the echoes accumulated from weekly15s/emissaries.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I boosted mine by a shitload, though I have at the same time gimped myself since I can no longer buy corruptions and it's not like you can buy them any time you want, you have a 3 day window every 4-5 weeks. They should have made every vision clear drop a core until you caught up.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Who is the dum dum that posted this in Raids and Dungeons? What does the OP have to do with Raids and Dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Another player who thinks that they should be able to login in at the beginning of a patch and be given bis right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Another player who thinks that they should be able to login in at the beginning of a patch and be given bis right off the bat.
    If you say so.

ps : don't replicate, ty.

2k ontop of buying essences and corruption vendor rotation yes it's subpar

make it 500 then i will cheer. aint touching that shit again and again every week. so tedious.
    yes i 5 masked all 2 visions. same as i gave up weekly +15. too much hassle.

Ahhh sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Imagine thinking that people want to say negative things about a company that used to be beloved by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Imagine thinking that people want to say negative things about a company that used to be beloved by many.
    well i would hope people have the integrity to admit to themselves and others when the company they love or loved does something wrong,for example,i used to love bethesda a few decades ago,but that doesnt blind me to the fact that its complete trash today

I'd say it's about 1 extra malefic core per week through casual play, unless you just have a massive stock pile of echoes lying around. I'm caught up to the weekly resistance cap, but if I wasn't, I probably would've kept those echoes for saving up to my eventual 7x Expedient III + 1 Racing Pulse III.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    what does "too late" mean? did the game die? did you uninstall and refuse to reinstall? what events happened that made this "too late" to be a good thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not, but it's really not viable for alts still.

2500 echoes per essence, 3-15k echoes for good corruptions if you're unlucky, 2000 per cloak upgrade, is still months of grinding.

I would have proposed using other currencies for the different things;

Visions 10k per run or 5k per cloak upgrade - gives you choice of running a vision for loot and upgrade, or 2 upgrades and no loot for the same cost.

Essences could have been purchased by Echoes as it stands.

Corruptions could have been purchased with Mementos.