10+ Year Old Account
    And there's yet more on this.

One, Pompeo is pushing an arms embargo at the UN right now -- surely knowing full well it'll be vetoed twice.

Don’t just take it from the United States, listen to countries in the region. From Israel to-- ERROR: Transcript lost in massive facepalm
    Two, Russia responded with

The task is to achieve regime change or create a situation where Iran literally wouldn’t be able to breath. This is like putting a knee to one’s neck
    I am not making that quote up. And quite frankly, Trump -- siding with the police the whole time -- deserves nothing less then this thrown back at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    According to Press Secretary McEnany, Trump is "the most informed person on planet earth when it comes to the threats that we face."

This said mere months after she promised never to lie to the public.
    Donald Trump Didn't Understand That Vince McMahon Being Blown Up In A Limo Was Fake

Old story, but it applies in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I’ll make it newer... a bunch of wrestlers got corona, after being called an essential business in Florida. They now shut down their training facility in Florida, due to covid running rampant. The highest profile person so far to get it is Renee Young, the interviewer/announcer... So... not looking good.

Added bonus, wrestlers are banned from discussing covid on social media. Vince is said to agree with Trump, that covid is just the flu. This is a man who will fire you for sneezing in front of him, because he sees it as a sign of weakness.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hanlon's razor.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

Trump is a total asshat, but it's hard to believe he is actually malicious most of the time. Just an idiot.
    His behavior isn't adequately explained by stupidity. We've got decades of behavior from him. It's malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Now that I think about it, I suppose you are right. He is rather obviously using the presidential powers to make himself richer.

50/50 with maliciousness and stupidity. Final offer!
    No takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Completely unrealistic picture. There is no way Trump would make that throw.
    It's a play on him throwing out paper towels during hurricane maria recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Two, Russia responded with.
    Gotta give it to Russia, they freaking know what to say to poke the wounds of other nations.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    California breaks a record, again.

Trump's own Surgeon General uses the exact words

Wear a face covering when you go out in public. It is not an inconvenience. It is not a suppression of your freedom
    because people still aren't getting the message.

EU formally bars Americans from entering on the "safe" list.

And a growing number of MLB players are opting out of the 2020 season.

I'm not sure "second wave" is strong enough anymore.

https://www.axios.com/trump-republic...da6df9fce.html

So...is America Great Again?

Because by every measure I've seen so far, it seems like the past 3 years have demonstrably made America worse.
    These kinds of vague polls have always been odd to me. What specifically are people displeased with? What do “state of the country” and “direction of the country” even mean? Who or what do they blame for it?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    These kinds of vague polls have always been odd to me. What specifically are people displeased with? What do “state of the country” and “direction of the country” even mean? Who or what do they blame for it?
    https://www.people-press.org/wp-cont...OR-RELEASE.pdf

Different ways of saying the same thing.

https://www.people-press.org/wp-cont...OR-RELEASE.pdf

Coming out of this, which seems like there was a big dip between the April 7-12 polling and the June 16-22. Specifics aren't included, but it tracks with Trump's plummeting approval ratings both overall and specifically with regards to the virus. I'm sure it also includes dissatisfaction with the national protests as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Is the country how i want it? Is it going that way?

The average MAGAt then tries to think: Well the gays still exist, brown people are here, and the uppity n........um, er, nice people are protesting. Masks = Auschwitz. So it doesn't look like it's going to be all white, er, right. So NO I don't agree with the state or direction of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Texas breaks record with nearly 7,000 new coronavirus cases
    Spoke too soon. They seem to have finished the day at nearly 8k.

California breaks a record, again
    I'm not sure "second wave" is strong enough anymore.
    Also nearly 8k at the close of worldometers reporting for the day (GMT). This is STILL the first wave.

Also @Breccia, you may want to hold off on fucking Lindsey Graham's wife for a while because South Carolina also saw a new record at 1,755.

Florida is reporting just over 6k, but c'mon, we all know that's a lie by now. Fuck Florida.

Just over 46k new cases reported on the day in total, but I have a feeling some cases are still being held over from the weekend and will be added tomorrow. Either way, this is the 6th straight day of over 40k cases when we WERE averaging around 23k per day a week or so ago. Not a great look.

Also, worldometers is reporting that we did, indeed, cross 130k deaths before the end of the month. This came largely off the back of a correction from New York that added 692 deaths:

New York City Department of Health: "On June 30, the count of New Yorkers who have died of COVID-19 increased by 692. Most of that increase is due to new information we received from the NYS Department of Health about city residents who died outside the city. The vast majority of these deaths occurred more than three weeks ago." Worldometer has adjusted New York State history accordingly
    However, given that these are residents who died outside of the city, it's feasible some or all of them were already reported by whatever state they happened to be in at the time of death and these may be duplicates. We'll see in the coming month as they get sorted out. Massachusetts did this housekeeping today:

Massachusetts Department of Public Health: *Due to ongoing data cleaning which identifies and removes duplicate reports, the number of both confirmed and probable deaths has decreased as of today’s report."
    Either way, the death toll IS still likely over 130k given that there must be at least a few thousand deaths that have either been labeled as something else (FUCK Florida) or people who just quietly passed away at home without ever having been tested. Most places don't seem to test the dead.

I have a "fun" day of physical therapy ahead of me tomorrow and I'm not optimistic about the mobility in my knee following the accident/surgery, so I likely won't be ducking in until the end of the evening. PLEASE wear your goddamn steam masks, people. If we're going to try to end this TRUMP SHITSHOW in November we're going to need every one we can get.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "I must.... shift.... blame.... for being a fuck up!"
    China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!
    -- Twitler, Jan 24

We're working very strongly w/ China on the coronavirus that's a new thing that a lot of people are talking about... we have very little problem in this country at this moment. 5, and those ppl are all recuperating... we think it's going to have a very good ending for us
    -- Twitler, Jan 29

Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!
    --Twitler, Feb 7

The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus… One of my people came up to me and said “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia, that didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax that was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in… And this is their new hoax.”
    --Twitler, Feb 28

ook, we’re going to lose anywhere from 75, 80 to 100 thousand people. That’s a horrible thing. We shouldn’t lose one person over this. This should have been stopped in China. It should have been stopped. But if we didn’t do it, the minimum we would have lost is a million-two, a million-four, a million-five. That’s the minimum. We would have lost probably higher than — it’s possible higher than 2.2.
    --Twitler, May 3

Looks like the pivot happened somewhere in April.

Trump has said a lot of things, anything from low death counts to "I take no responsibility" to touting a drug that apparently kills you. But blaming China is a massive turnaround that must never be forgotten. China was the best and doing everything right, until Trump's inactions cost over one hundred thousand Americans to lose their lives. Then they were the worst and it was their fault and they did it on purpose.

"I take no responsibility at all" must be ingraved to tRump's gravestone after he gets dragged out of the WH and dies to heartattack when he learns of all the lawsuits launched against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "I take no responsibility at all" must be ingraved to tRump's gravestone after he gets dragged out of the WH and dies to heartattack when he learns of all the lawsuits launched against him.
    Lawsuits or criminal charges? Those taxes.

Throw the whole book at him I say. The U.S. will be a clown nation for all coming times if there will be no repercussions for any of this once this lunatic is out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Throw the whole book at him I say. The U.S. will be a clown nation for all coming times if there will be no repercussions for any of this once this lunatic is out of office.
    I have a suspicion the Republicans are going to go scorched earth on him after he leaves office.

They probably won't have a choice if they ever want to win an election again. It will be far easier to point the finger and look like they were hoodwinked victims too than to defend his bullshit after the fact.

Most of them hate him anyway, if you believe the rumours, so it won't take much of a public opinion shift for them to pretend to have the wool ripped away from their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I have a suspicion the Republicans are going to go scorched earth on him after he leaves office.
    FUCK them. Many of them are complicit in this whole circus. There needs to be hell to pay for them too.

Impeachment has no criminal jeopardy attached. Bribery charges over ukraine.

Bolton said he briefed trump about the bounties in 2019. (my god, the examiner as a source) If he testifies, just need one more person to. Treason.

Cohen's sentencing docs mention that the person who directed the fraud scheme, "had won the presidency." Fraud and suborning perjury.

All of the obstruction charges related to mueller.

Taxes? The death penalty is on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Uh...guys. Trump is literally calling out to the dead. This is a cry for help.

Archived link in case someone tells him and he tries deleting it.

He's losing his marbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...guys. Trump is literally calling out to the dead. This is a cry for help.

Archived link in case someone tells him and he tries deleting it.
    Jesus christ this one reply had me rolling...

sir it’s me, roger, they have me trapped inside this horrible account to force me to say terrible things about you, I think it’s george soros who kidnapped me & faked my death sir, I’m somewhere underground surrounded by mole children but I escaped to send you this message sir
    Seriously though first that, and then now...

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.