10+ Year Old Account
    The search feature on reddit is notoriously awful in general.

Do a site:reddit.com on google at the very least if you want to have a discussion about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what's going on here, but what a coincidence, that screenshot is the same thing I see... after I scroll past the top results.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The search feature on reddit is notoriously awful in general.

Do a site:reddit.com on google at the very least if you want to have a discussion about that.
    That’s not the point... The screen grab he provided, is claimed to have been written by some global mod, stating that chappo was removed, in part due to being the first result of searching for “Kashmir”. Something that doesn’t make any sense, regardless of shitty indexing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No, you once again misunderstood what was said...

That it was the first search result was just a side-effect of the fact that CTH was the most vocal subreddit speaking out against the atrocities committed by the Indian government in Kashmir. As I said: similar to the Hong Kong / China nonsense where corporations toe the line to the Chinese government.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic and is hardly relevant at this point.
    Bullshit... Not only have I shown that multiple ways to search simply couldn’t result in them being first. Others have then asserted the search it self is unreliable. Then you your self show that there are still quite many, reliable and authentic, news stories and discussions going on about Kashmir. It simply doesn’t make any sense...

Even if you are to be believed, based on the actual list of infractions, the first thread on Kashmir, being filled with people demanding murder and assault, should be removed... since it only harms people of Kashmir in being misrepresented by these ass hats.

Edit: Oh and this is on topic... Since a political candidate has made this a political issue. In case you missed it, the impact of these social media on elections, is a hot topic.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-30 at 06:51 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, I don't know what browser or kind of reddit settings you use (you seem to use a mobile app), but I literally showed you a screenshot with reddit posts being the first results....... Do you not know how reddit works?
    I will repeat again, you have shown that one of three ways to search, might have the result you claimed. The fact that you even admit that individual Reddit settings would further alter search results. How the fuck does your assertion make any fucking since? It impacts only a portion of 1/3 of searches the two of us found. Which is further filtered by personal settings... WTF? Why would that be any reason?

Dude, I don't know what browser or kind of reddit settings you use (you seem to use a mobile app), but I literally showed you a screenshot with reddit posts being the first results....... Do you not know how reddit works?
    I mean, when you scroll down and crop out the top section that provides suggested subs/users and the scroll bar to show that you've scrolled down, yeah, that tends to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we arguing over whether it was -literally- the first result now? Anyone can understand that they were talking about the first sub-reddit post from what was explained by the moderator.
    Yes, because if it’s debatable what the first result even means, how can a subreddit be banned for it?

What’s the moderators name?

Edit: In case you forgot:

Pandering to the indian government, similar to the Hong Kong / China nonsense Blizzard pulled.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-30 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, because if it’s debatable what the first result even means, how can a subreddit be banned for it?

What’s the moderators name?

Edit: In case you forgot:
    This is the problem with grand conspiracies.

There's no evidence to back them, and thus no evidence that can contradict them. And any argument in that vein is automatically cast as part of the conspiracy, trying to silence the truth.

Doesn't matter what the conspiracy is, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is the problem with grand conspiracies.

There's no evidence to back them, and thus no evidence that can contradict them. And any argument in that vein is automatically cast as part of the conspiracy, trying to silence the truth.

Doesn't matter what the conspiracy is, really.
    It’s why I thought something tangible and repeatable, like varied search results, would be something objectively to deny the conspiracy theory. I chose the politically agnostic approach, that should be repeatable, regardless of what ideology you belong to. /shrug

How could the first search result of a subreddit post ever only be anything else than a subreddit post?
    As they say in my country: "It's not rocket science".
    Which country is that this week?

10+ Year Old Account
    How could the first search result of a subreddit post ever only be anything else than a subreddit post?
    You tell me... also, the mod who said it... what’s their name?

As they say in my country: "It's not rocket science".
    Does the question involve screwing in lightbulbs?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Which country is that this week?
    Money on Prussia...

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP satisfaction with how things are going in the US had been above 50% for nearly all of Trump’s presidency.

It had now cratered to 19%.

Rats fleeing a sinking ship?
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    GOP satisfaction with how things are going in the US had been above 50% for nearly all of Trump’s presidency.

It had now cratered to 19%.

Rats fleeing a sinking ship?
    I don't think so. They're dissatisfied of all the other things. BLM, having to wear a mask, bars not open, states closing again etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't think so. They're dissatisfied of all the other things. BLM, having to wear a mask, bars not open, states closing again etc.
    The poor dears.
    /s

If I was mcgrath, I'd put this AP photo in a campaign ad immediately. Something along the lines of, "He's not even a kentucky resident anymore, he's a creature of DC."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    If I was mcgrath, I'd put this AP photo in a campaign ad immediately. Something along the lines of, "He's not even a kentucky resident anymore, he's a creature of DC."
    Wow - yeah, especially with the Nationals name there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1dc_story.html

Another Trump backed candidate gets primaried, his support doesn't seem to have the luster it used to.

And it's, again, another Republican Q-anon nutter that won this time.

Boebert, a gun rights activist, owns Shooters Grill in Rifle, Colo., where the staff carries their weapons as they serve customers who can order a “Guac 9” burger or a “Turkey Ham Uzi Melt.”
    I gotta say though, his word game is pretty strong and I gotta respect anyone with some delightfully bad wordplay.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.koco.com/article/voters-...homa/33016616#

In some good news that's not specifically general election related, but comes out of the recent primaries, voters in Oklahoma finally passed medicaid expansion after Republican lawmakers spent years fighting it. Was a nailbiter with just under 50.5% voting in favor of it.

This potentially extends coverage to 200,000 people living in poverty in the state, though lawmakers will need to figure out how to fund a meager 10% of the costs since the federal government kicks in the other 90%.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoveOn.org membership voted to endorse Joe Biden just now.

A reversal from 2016 when they withheld their endorsement for the general election.

Hopefully other leftier-than-thou groups learn that; withholding your vote and non-participating, just weakens your position in large and diverse electorates.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Here comes the third attempt to recall Gavin Newsom. The last two could not get the required 1,495,709 (I think this is based on 12% of the number of voters that voted in 2018) confirmed signatures to get on the ballot. The best of the last two attempts only managed to get 282,000 after spending a cumulative total of around $22M gathering signatures.

Even the most conservative radio talk show hosts in CA think that this is a monumental waste of money. Especially considering Newsom popularity. Even in the reddest part of the state his popularity is well above 50%.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Here comes the third attempt to recall Gavin Newsom. The last two could not get the required 1,495,709 (I think this is based on 12% of the number of voters that voted in 2018) confirmed signatures to get on the ballot. The best of the last two attempts only managed to get 282,000 after spending a cumulative total of around $22M gathering signatures.

Even the most conservative radio talk show hosts in CA think that this is a monumental waste of money. Especially considering Newsom popularity. Even in the reddest part of the state his popularity is well above 50%.

Wow - $22M and they couldn't even get a quarter of the way?

Newsom is a rising star. They are talking about him for VP in 2024/2028. Especially if Biden wins with Abrams/Harris/Demmings on his ticket.